Incorrect Function error when trying to launch certain newer Game Pass PC games

Discus and support Incorrect Function error when trying to launch certain newer Game Pass PC games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello Tried to launch Wreckfest and Ghost of a Tale on PC Game Pass, and it comes up with an error box saying Incorrect Function. Have tried the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CharlieEd71, Feb 18, 2021.

1. CharlieEd71
    CharlieEd71 Guest

Hello

Tried to launch Wreckfest and Ghost of a Tale on PC Game Pass, and it comes up with an error box saying Incorrect Function.

Have tried the powershell commands I saw recommended, uninstalling xbox app etc etc.

Any help appreciated.

:)

CharlieEd71, Feb 18, 2021
  2. conundrumrip
    conundrumrip New Member
    I have the same problem. Are you installing them on a second hard drive (not C-drive that windows is installed on)?

conundrumrip, Feb 19, 2021
  3. LuckyKous Win User

Gamepass PC vs Xbox

There's more games for Xbox game pass, that may be because the PC game pass is newer.
  4. XBF - Tali Win User

добрый вечер сегодня столкнулся с ошибкой -2143322098

[Associate is using a translator application, please be aware that grammatical errors or incorrect syntax may occur]

Hello Predator777,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. Can you please provide additional details regarding the error? Is this error appearing when you try to launch the game? Is your game crashing each time you open Forza Horizon 5?

If the answer is yes to any of my questions above, please visit: Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC

I hope this helps! But please respond back to this thread if you are still receiving the same error even after trying the troubleshooting tips above.

Thank you!

-Tali

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  5. crazy8canuck Win User

Xbox game pass for PC acheivements

I have had issues before with security features on the PC blocking certain functionalities. Are you having any issues logging into the xbox app under your account? are you launching the game through that or as a separate icon?
  6. Ondřej Hofmann Win User

How to fix error 0x87DD0005 when launching Quantum Break on windows 10?

I have the same problem. Each time I launch the game I get the 0x87DD0005 error code (on PC Game Pass). All other games launch just fine.
  7. PsychoBlaze Win User

Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus Crashes on Start - Using Xbox (Beta) app on Win 10

I'm getting the same error on PC launching through Game Pass app. Other games have been fine, but this throws same error you are seeing.
Thema:

1. Incorrect Function error when trying to launch certain newer Game Pass PC games - Similar Threads - Incorrect Function error

2. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  3. Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on...: Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on Apr 29th 2024. How to fix this? 5f5c40da-25b2-49d8-ab3c-2af5e2767c2a
  4. the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly

in XBoX on Consoles
    the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly: the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly, how do i fix it? [img] c35198f1-e86e-47c5-9e7c-24d0d6e97404
  5. Warranty incorrectly expired on the system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty incorrectly expired on the system: Hello. Appreciate if someone can advise me. i am from South Africa. I purchased an xbix controller on the 30 April 2023 with a 1 year warranty. It was suppose to be expiring in the 30 April...
  6. When I try to use my card it tells me that the data is incorrect, but it is not.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to use my card it tells me that the data is incorrect, but it is not.: When I try to use my card it tells me that the data is incorrect, but it is not. 2c836b18-423e-45a8-8704-5d2fe9be207e
  7. When I had created my account I had unknowingly set incorrect country

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I had created my account I had unknowingly set incorrect country: Ok, newbie issue. Created a Microsoft account that I never really used then bought a Xbox, had loads of Xbox live credit from years past and added to my account. I had unknowingly set my location...
  8. Xbox warranty details incorrect - how to fix?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox warranty details incorrect - how to fix?!: I have registered two new Xbox consoles today and both have a warranty end date of 24th July 2024. It should be December 2024. What can I do to fix this? I’ve tried going through the ‘contact us’...
  9. Cannot start any game - Error: Incorrect function

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot start any game - Error: Incorrect function: [img] When trying to play any game from Xbox Game Pass (Desperados III, Dead By Daylight, Grounded) on PC, error like this shows up. Reinstalling the games doesn't work. I tried restarting...
  10. Time keeping function incorrect

in XBoX on Windows
    Time keeping function incorrect: Yesterday's world tour collection logged me at 13+ hours to complete. I did a few in the morning and then finished in the evening. I don't remember if I left the MS Solitaire Collection open or...