Inconsistent keyboard inputs

Discus and support Inconsistent keyboard inputs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue where a num pad key stroke should typically move the yolk by a set small increment. At times however, the increment would just by... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jason Bonarius, Jul 6, 2023.

1. Inconsistent keyboard inputs

Hi,

I have an issue where a num pad key stroke should typically move the yolk by a set small increment. At times however, the increment would just by 3 or more of the usual small increments. This makes for a very challenging and unpleasant experience. For example, a small drift on takeoff needs to be corrected with a single rudder increment. When I tap the rudder key once it jumps about 3 increments to the intended side which is way too much and I have to end up fighting triple tapping the opposite rudder key to pull it back to 'zero' but by this time the damage is done and I end up having to overcompensate and overshoot in the opposite direction. This is ruining the experience.

Jason

:)

Jason Bonarius, Jul 6, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Jason Bonarius,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today other than this account issue.

We are sorry to hear that. It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your keyboard input. As per description, the stroke yolk increment is too high.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    2. Was this working well before?
    3. When did the problem start?
    4. Recent activity or changes made before the problem appeared?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

For the meantime, you may want to try running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter on your Windows 10/11 computer to solve it.

To run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter on Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + R to open Windows Run dialog.
    2. Type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic in Run dialog and press Enter to open Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    3. Click Next to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    4. It will automatically detect problems with your computer hardware and devices.
    5. You can decide to fix the problems or not by yourself.

If that doesn’t work, you can try increasing your ten key speed and accuracy by doing a data entry test and trying to improve your keystrokes per hour.

Data entry is the process of entering data or information into a computer or an electronic device. It can be done manually or automatically by using input devices such as a keyboard, mouse, scanner, disk, or voice. Data entry is used for organization and management purposes or for planned computer-based analysis or processing.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Jason Bonarius,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Ackis Win User

Keyboard and mouse games on Xbox One

I believe all games that require text input (e.g. username/password) will work with a keyboard for that input. You're able to type using the keyboard and that's about it.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Keyboards

It will work straight away for text input during messaging and the likes.

Every time the Xbox would show a virtual keyboard on the screen for text input, the keyboard will work.

As for games, the game has to be specifically made to support keyboards.

Not all games are able to use keyboards.

For example Fortnite and Minecraft are popular examples for games that work with an USB Keyboard and USB mouse.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Most ugliest and horrible keyboard it sucks!!!��

The only current available options for customizing your on screen keyboard on your Xbox One console, at this time, is the 'keyboard & dictation' input language. This merely only changes what regional dialect/keyboard lay out shows up on screen whenever the
    keyboard comes up. If there's a certain layout you are looking to use... that may be the only place you'll find it. For example, my input kb&d language is set as 'English (United States)' which would be the "QWERTY" layout.

You can find it in System - Language & Location - Input - Keyboard & dictation.
Thema:

1. Inconsistent keyboard inputs - Similar Threads - Inconsistent keyboard inputs

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...: I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard works well but the mouse doesn't, I tested with different mice and it didn't work...
  4. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  5. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  6. Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me: Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard and mouse b37a3e19-f913-4fff-a391-66e04a89c962
  7. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  8. Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency: To whoever reads this, I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue I’m currently experiencing, my right bumper...
  9. I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...: So years ago I got sick of my dumb pirate themed gamertag so I paid $9 to change it to a normal name because I have no imagination. I went to my Xbox profile on Xbox.com, clicked "customize", and...
  10. Inconsistent with Liking games, adding them to a list, or favoriting them

in XboX Insiders
    Inconsistent with Liking games, adding them to a list, or favoriting them: sometimes i go game hunting; There are tons of great games and hidden gems. It does take reading the description, watch the trailer. I like the game, but i dont want to download it just yet. Its...