Inactive & take usernames

Discus and support Inactive & take usernames in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the availability of the username "Ink" on Xbox Live. Currently, the name appears... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by thkh2Brkj, Jan 3, 2024.

1. thkh2Brkj
    thkh2Brkj Guest

Hi, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the availability of the username "Ink" on Xbox Live. Currently, the name appears to be taken, and I am eager to explore the possibility of obtaining it for my account. Alternatively, I have noticed that the account "Lnk" seems to be inactive. I would appreciate it if you could check its activity status and, if possible, facilitate a username change to "Lnk" (all lowercase) for my account.

I am aware of the username change fee and am prepared to cover the cost for this modification. I understand the importance of unique usernames and have refrained from choosing variations with numbers or symbols to maintain a clean aesthetic.

I value my gaming experience on Xbox and believe that having a distinct username enhances the overall experience. If there are any guidelines or procedures to follow in this regard, please provide guidance or let me know if there are alternative solutions available.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

thkh

:)

thkh2Brkj, Jan 3, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

I suggest you check again

It doesn't matter anyways if you check the name again you will see the problem.

You should know this as an ambassador

Names aren't an on-demand service

2nd you cant take the name if you DoubleCheck the name

There is a major problem you aren't seeing and it has nothing to do with his activeness

In order to take a name without HASHTAGS no-one can have it and it must be unique however since you aren't the only one thinking it's unique it's taken not once but 4x so even if the original person changes their name you cant take it without a hashtag anyways since 4 other accounts have that name also abeit a hashtag considering some of the posts are within 60 days you ain't going to get all 5 name reset

You will just have to take the hashtag or.some up with a different spelling tons of others already have
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

4. ngocphi Win User

No that's what I been telling you it doesn't matter if LNK isn't active

The other 4 accounts with hashtag will make.Lnk unusable

The hashtag makes the account unique vut.it doesn't free up the name that's what you aren't understanding

As many people already experienced

Just.like.If.one of the Lnk changes their names the system won't accept it not without changing to something completely different
  5. thkh2Brkj Win User

Look I clearly said,”Alternatively, I have noticed that the account "Lnk" seems to be inactive.” And if you were to check on Xbox the name LnK has 18 friends, no gamer score, and no games played with a Xbox 360 profile picture. I’ve heard rumors and seen people exchange usernames from inactive accounts on Xbox, they use auto claimers and wait for Microsoft or Xbox to either ban the account or the name due to its inactivity, then the auto claimer takes the user and adds it to a different account. I was just wondering if there was something else I could’ve done rather than doing what I had just stated.
  6. thkh2Brkj Win User

I didn’t say ink was inactive, I said Lnk was
Thema:

1. Inactive & take usernames - Similar Threads - Inactive usernames

2. Can you guys vacate an inactive user for me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you guys vacate an inactive user for me?: Hi, I have a few questions regarding about your inactive policy rule for Xbox usernames. I was wondering if you could vacate the user name y66 since it hasn’t been active for 5 years. Get back to...
  3. So what happens to inactive players on the Xbox platform

in XBoX on Consoles
    So what happens to inactive players on the Xbox platform: There’s a name that I really want “Cal II S141” but it’s taken by a guy who hasn’t logged on since 2017 would I just have to wait and hope they change the gamertag which could take x amount of...
  4. Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?: Hi all. Just from looking around I have a suspicion that there's nothing that can be done about this, but I figured I'd ask in a last ditch attempt. A couple years back, I created a Microsoft...
  5. How do I cancel a subscription I’m paying that's inactive

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I cancel a subscription I’m paying that's inactive: My son old profile is inactive since April 23 but I’m still paying monthly. My son has new profile which I’m also paying for. Problem is we do not have access to old profile as ex husband email...
  6. Inactivity Notice: Your PC Game Pass membership appears inactive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactivity Notice: Your PC Game Pass membership appears inactive?: I've received this email: We noticed your PC Game Pass membership has been inactive for the past 12 months. We want to make sure you take full advantage of your membership and not pay for...
  7. Inactive email linked to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive email linked to my account: Hey, I have an account the is linked to an email that is inactive. I have called the service provider and bc it’s been over 12 months without activity, it’s inactive and they will not turn it back...
  8. Can I request a gamer tag that is currently used but has been inactive for years?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I request a gamer tag that is currently used but has been inactive for years?: Ive been trying to get a gamer tag for years now and the account hasnt been active. Someone answered the question and said the account has to be inactive for 5 years. Is there a way I can check if...
  9. Purchased Minecraft Java Edition in 2022, was inactive in 2023 until now and could not log in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Purchased Minecraft Java Edition in 2022, was inactive in 2023 until now and could not log in: Hi all, I purchased Minecraft Java edition for my son on 7-Apr-2022. I have the email receipt with transaction ID. My son was able to play until early 2023 then he logged out of his account and...
  10. Can I take a username from an obviously inactive account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I take a username from an obviously inactive account?: Hello, I have been wanting to change my Xbox username for a year or so now, but I have run into a problem with a possible bot account. It appears that the account "", the name that I wish to...