Inactive email linked to my account

Discus and support Inactive email linked to my account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey, I have an account the is linked to an email that is inactive. I have called the service provider and bc it’s been over 12 months without activity,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RORY ABBOTT, Nov 14, 2023.

1. RORY ABBOTT
    RORY ABBOTT Guest

Hey, I have an account the is linked to an email that is inactive. I have called the service provider and bc it’s been over 12 months without activity, it’s inactive and they will not turn it back on. I tried doing the recovery through Microsoft and I answered all the questions I knew. They still have denied me access to my account. I don’t want to loose all my stuff. I had that account for at least 15 years. Anyone have suggestions?

:)

RORY ABBOTT, Nov 14, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello RORY ABBOTT,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to recover your Microsoft account. Should you have known the password and the email of your Microsoft account, you can definitely sign into any Microsoft services. However, due to your email service being inactive you may be unable to verify your identity.

In that case, we would like to set your expectation, Microsoft account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best I can to help you with the process.

There are two ways to recover your account: reset your password and fill out the account recovery form. These two ways will require the account security information. The lesser the security information the slimmer the chance to recover the account.

For more details, we recommend you the following:

• Fill out the form using a recognized device and location.
    • Use a working email to recover the account.
    • Should you have been adding your credentials on your browser or notes, please review it and make sure to add it on the forms for account recovery.
    • Provide those details about Skype and Xbox console.
    • You may submit up to two times per day for account recovery.

If you are ready for the account recovery, please proceed to this form - Account recovery form.

Account recovery is in your hands, we hope you will be able to access it back.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Janet_C Win User

Two accounts linked to same email and password?

The real account associated with your email is the one that appears in the link I gave you, i.e. the one that was recently generated.

It is likely that your previous account has been blocked for inactivity, this happens when there is 2 years of inactivity.
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

XBL Sign-Up Currently Unavailable. Please Try Again Later?

Hey there Broom. Deactivating your email won't unlink your gamertag from that email. All it does it make your gamertag now linked to an inactive email. My advice would be for your friend to get his/her email account back (do a password reset or something
    to get a new password). Then you can log into your account and change the email attached to your gamertag to the email of your choice.
  6. HassanB Win User

Inactive email account

No waste of time at all, happy to assist.
Thema:

1. Inactive email linked to my account - Similar Threads - Inactive email linked

2. Can you guys vacate an inactive user for me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you guys vacate an inactive user for me?: Hi, I have a few questions regarding about your inactive policy rule for Xbox usernames. I was wondering if you could vacate the user name y66 since it hasn’t been active for 5 years. Get back to...
  3. So what happens to inactive players on the Xbox platform

in XBoX on Consoles
    So what happens to inactive players on the Xbox platform: There’s a name that I really want “Cal II S141” but it’s taken by a guy who hasn’t logged on since 2017 would I just have to wait and hope they change the gamertag which could take x amount of...
  4. Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?: Hi all. Just from looking around I have a suspicion that there's nothing that can be done about this, but I figured I'd ask in a last ditch attempt. A couple years back, I created a Microsoft...
  5. Inactive & take usernames

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive & take usernames: Hi, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the availability of the username "Ink" on Xbox Live. Currently, the name appears to be taken, and I am eager to explore the...
  6. How do I cancel a subscription I’m paying that's inactive

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I cancel a subscription I’m paying that's inactive: My son old profile is inactive since April 23 but I’m still paying monthly. My son has new profile which I’m also paying for. Problem is we do not have access to old profile as ex husband email...
  7. Inactivity Notice: Your PC Game Pass membership appears inactive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactivity Notice: Your PC Game Pass membership appears inactive?: I've received this email: We noticed your PC Game Pass membership has been inactive for the past 12 months. We want to make sure you take full advantage of your membership and not pay for...
  8. Can I request a gamer tag that is currently used but has been inactive for years?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I request a gamer tag that is currently used but has been inactive for years?: Ive been trying to get a gamer tag for years now and the account hasnt been active. Someone answered the question and said the account has to be inactive for 5 years. Is there a way I can check if...
  9. Purchased Minecraft Java Edition in 2022, was inactive in 2023 until now and could not log in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Purchased Minecraft Java Edition in 2022, was inactive in 2023 until now and could not log in: Hi all, I purchased Minecraft Java edition for my son on 7-Apr-2022. I have the email receipt with transaction ID. My son was able to play until early 2023 then he logged out of his account and...
  10. XBOX Cloud Play WEB - Inactive Play button

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Cloud Play WEB - Inactive Play button: What is happening with Cloud Playing? I’m tryng to play over Web on MacOS and the Play button is not active … submitted by /u/Ok_Association_1506 [link] [comments]