in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...

Discus and support in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Today i realized in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were uploaded to the network so that I could access... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JLR007, Sep 23, 2023.

1. JLR007
    JLR007 Guest

in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...

Today i realized in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were uploaded to the network so that I could access the clips from my phone Xbox app. I’ve seen this question a few times unanswered! I used clips all the time and this needs to be fixed, I’m sure I’m not the only person having the issue! I was literally able to do it 2 days ago soooo?

:)

JLR007, Sep 23, 2023
  2. Ceviche22 Win User

in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were uploaded to the network?

Having the same issue for the past couple of months as well. Would love a solution or at least some communication from Microsoft on this.
  3. LastResort2000 Win User

in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were uploaded to the network?

Good evening,

I found this thread searching for answers… why the “copy link” on my PC captures all of suddenly disappeared with no answers….

From what it looks like I have seen a few websites and Reddit posts and found some text, “Microsoft announced that game captures on the Xbox Network would soon be deleted after 90 days, and it's now been confirmed that this will begin taking place as of January 2024”.

I’m going to take a wild guess and they did this on purpose to push this change preemptively to not allow PC users to upload footage, with this policy - if true.

Not exactly sure why this is happening, but have to guess it has to do with cloud storage, etc. probably to relieve some stress on servers perhaps (not an IT guy, just trying to justify the reason)….. regardless, it’s disappointing nonetheless….
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello JLR007,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to share your game clips by copying the link and is unable to. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Game Bar only shows captures that are saved locally on the Windows device you’re using. Captures uploaded to the Xbox network are viewable and shareable only in the Xbox mobile app. You can share screenshots or create a link for clips which you can post on social media.

1. Press Win key + G to open Xbox Game Bar, then select Widget Menu > Gallery.
    2. To share a game clip or screenshot, select Open file location, then use your app of choice to share your capture.

For your reference, see:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Neal_22 Win User

Replying to your original question, because I've had the same issue for a few months now with no fix in sight. The responses below from the Microsoft Agent are abysmal. Seem to make no effort to address this issue. This is a basic function that never should have disappeared and I assumed they would have figured this out by now, but nope. I've tried reinstalling the Xbox Game bar app, but nothing. Still no share button. Anyway, just hope this gets resolved.
  6. Luis Portugal1 Win User

I’m also having the same issue where the “copy link” button has disappeared have you found a fix to it??
Thema:

1. in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were... - Similar Threads - game bar longer

2. Xbox game bar no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar no longer works: Within the last few days Xbox game bar no longer works properly. I can open it with Win "G"; however, it doesn't display my friends list or even have a sign in option anymore. it lets me use...
  3. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  4. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  5. I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why: I've been using Game Bar for quite some time but, recently, it has stopped working for me. I press the Windows key + G and it opens but when I press the button to Capture it says "We can't record...
  6. No longer getting Game Bar notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer getting Game Bar notifications: Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have...
  7. game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing

in XboX Insiders
    game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing: https://imgur.com/BshxJJt this started about 2 months ago i think, I was really enjoying the app as it's easy to use and I can upload and share gaming clips with my friends without having issues...
  8. Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes.: Hi ! Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes. And windows 11 since few weeks. Thanks for your help. 00539ecf-3911-4228-86cd-356dcf19a325
  9. XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10): For the past few months, I've been making copious use of the XBox Game Bar to record gaming as part of my job (in game development). However, last week (around October 23 2022) the game bar...
  10. "Copy Link" Feature on Xbox Game Bar no Longer Available??

in XBoX on Windows
    "Copy Link" Feature on Xbox Game Bar no Longer Available??: I have recently become more confused and frustrated as to why this has happened, and wondering if this is either a bug, or if this is something Xbox decided to remove, to which I'm questioning why...