In game minecraft name is different from Microsoft name

Discus and support In game minecraft name is different from Microsoft name in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had two minecraft accounts, one named and the other GlazedTerracotta. After I merged with microsoft my main account, , got the username of the other... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CaucasianKev, Oct 7, 2022.

1. CaucasianKev
    CaucasianKev Guest

I had two minecraft accounts, one named and the other GlazedTerracotta. After I merged with microsoft my main account, , got the username of the other account even though my Microsoft name is and even if i change my microsoft name it doesnt change in game.

:)

CaucasianKev, Oct 7, 2022
  2. drummerjac0b Win User

Is there any way to actually get some help for this issue or are we just sending links to vague generic FAQ sites?
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello CaucasianKev,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having an issue with your Minecraft account. As per description, you have two Minecraft accounts. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

We would like to suggest you to visit this article for more information about the Minecraft Java username and to your Microsoft/Gamertag. Minecraft: Java Edition Username VS Gamertag FAQ – Home

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello CaucasianKev,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. sniffles x Win User

different Name

Also to add to what Smwutches said, as the reason behind that name being there is unknown I'd suggest changing your password just to be on the safe side! :)
  6. Smwutches Win User

different Name

Go to http://account.live.com and you can change the name there. Not sure why it wouldn't have the correct name already though.
Thema:

1. In game minecraft name is different from Microsoft name - Similar Threads - game minecraft name

2. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...
  3. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  4. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  5. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  6. Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.: I purchased the Bedrock version of Minecraft but am not able to join the local server with the other 2 ios purchased software. It worked with 2 of the same user but not 3. Well technically it...
  7. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  8. if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...: im asking this because im considering buying it from there because its cheaper but im not sure if it will work of it is even safe to do so cf4f0bf8-12aa-46e5-9d1f-37a5172d003f
  9. Minecraft in-game name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft in-game name change: Yesterday, at about 9pm, I'v changed my in-game name in Minecraft on PC. Is it possible to change it back to the previous name without waiting 30 days? 433877fe-e28c-4078-819d-7d272e0ac032
  10. My minecraft account was hacked, can I get it back using my in game java account name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account was hacked, can I get it back using my in game java account name?: Recently my Microsoft account was hacked and somehow deleted. This means I am no longer able to log into my Minecraft account. Can I still get it back using the game java account name I remember?...