In game chat issues with xbox one Twitch app

Discus and support In game chat issues with xbox one Twitch app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I broadcast my game play on the Xbox one through the Twitch app without a capture card. I’ve never had any issues with it. About two weeks ago I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AshyMoss, Nov 3, 2020.

1. AshyMoss
    AshyMoss Guest

I broadcast my game play on the Xbox one through the Twitch app without a capture card. I’ve never had any issues with it. About two weeks ago I started getting an error code from Twitch and it was no longer recording my in game chat. I can hear it just
    fine, however if you watch my broadcast you can only hear just me. All my teammates settings are switched to what theyre supposed to be as well as my own. I’ve reset my Xbox several times, uninstalled and reinstalled Twitch and my Microsoft account, cleared
    the Mac settings on my Xbox, and reset my wifi with no success. Twitch keeps telling me it’s an Xbox issue and Xbox keeps telling me it’s a Twitch issue. Can someone please tell me what this error code means and how do I fix this. Error code 7601BEA5

:)

AshyMoss, Nov 3, 2020
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Twitch streaming

Hi there AbrahamtheMan13,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand you are experiencing an issue with adding game chat into your Twitch stream. Currently, this feature is only available with the Mixer app on the Xbox One console. I recommend to reach out to

Twitch Support
    for more assistance with their streaming platform.

Hope this helps.
  3. AustinM2 Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

I stream using the OBS software and capture the Xbox Companion App. Regardless, if i were to attempt to use the app as intended to wirelessly stream the Xbox on my laptop, I am unable to hear the in-game chat of certain games. I do not know if this falls
    more on the shoulders of the game developers or is an issue with the Xbox and the Xbox Companion App.

If I were to utilize the Twitch app on the Xbox I experience issues with in-game chat as well. I have to set up a private party then re-enter game chat for it to work and the in-game chat is still not broadcasted to the twitch network. Party chat is broadcasted
    when others include their audio voluntarily, but there doesn’t seem to be a way for in-game chat to be given the same option.
  4. DojoMax Win User

Twitch chat

You can't chat on the Xbox or Playstation with twitch chat. They changed this a while back. You have to use a phone and the official twitch app to chat. You can read chat but you can't type without a phone or tablet.

Also when they made these changes, they completely broke the twitch app for Xbox. You can't change resolutions and most of the time you cannot open or close the chat window, the buttons for these functions don't work at all. Again, these changes were implemented by twitch and they're the ones who make the application. I'm not sure why they removed the ability to chat directly from the consoles and TV apps but that's how it is now.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
  6. matthewiag Win User

Party Chat won’t work for twitch app or streaming in general

I don't think Twitch Support Party chat anymore.

My friend was having the same issue. It worked with Mixer fine but Twitch App it did not work.
Thema:

1. In game chat issues with xbox one Twitch app - Similar Threads - game chat issues

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  5. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  6. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?: Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues: On PC as of a week ago, party chat only works if I have it open. When it’s closed, I can hear my friends, but they can’t hear me. I have found a temporary solution by disabling the xbox app’s...
  9. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...
  10. Game chat issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat issues: Has anyone had an issue with game chat not working? My party chat works just fine but my chat doesn't work on anything. I've checked all the settings and tried everything in every video I've found...