Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator

Discus and support Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’ve been a daily user of the Xbox Wireless Headset since its release, and I must say, it’s been a fantastic experience. However, there’s one aspect... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/redditorpegaso, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator

I’ve been a daily user of the Xbox Wireless Headset since its release, and I must say, it’s been a fantastic experience. However, there’s one aspect that has been a consistent source of frustration for me - the lack of a precise volume indicator.

Different games seem to have varying volume levels, which means I often find myself spending time adjusting the volume each time I switch games. Without a clear reference point, it’s challenging to determine the exact volume level at any given moment. This often leaves me questioning whether the current volume is too loud or too soft.

To alleviate this issue, I propose a simple solution: a brief on-screen display of the current volume level whenever adjustments are made. Alternatively, the volume level could be displayed next to the battery level indicator. This would provide a clear reference point and save users from the guesswork and constant adjustments. It’s a small change, but one that could significantly enhance the user experience.

submitted by /u/redditorpegaso
    [link] [comments]

/u/redditorpegaso, Sep 17, 2023
  2. PhloydBarnum Win User

HBOGO Volume

I believe low TV volume is intentional. A web search indicates that you may have more volume control if using an Xbox headset.
  3. FullM3ta1Jack3t Win User

Headset not working

Hello ese2320,

Is there a volume wheel on one of the ear pieces of the headset? Because on the wireless version headset there is, and the chat volume is separated from it. Check that, because it could be all the way down.
  4. darkist1 Win User

Wireless headset for Xbox. It's 2019!!!!

5. BrokenFattHardy Win User

Xbox one game/person chat volume slider gone?

Are you using a wired or wireless headset? Some wireless headsets have this feature built in to them and therefore the setting will not show on the Xbox One. You can also check on your Xbox One under Settings>General>Volume & Audio Output.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X - After update my controller dosen't detect any headset I plug in and there is no sound.

Hi there,

What is the specific headset you are plugging into the adapter?

Headset's, headphones, or earbuds with stereo sound will have the ability to have game audio along with chat volume that is adjusted with the adapter or in the "Audio" settings that will only appear when plugging into the 3.5mm port which you have confirmed
    was the issue with the original controller.

There are some headsets however that do not have stereo sound and are strictly only meant to chat with others, and are usually referred to as chat headsets. These tend to only have one earpiece whereas stereo headsets will have two.

If you have a stereo headset/headphones plugged into the adapter, then the chat mixer slider that is usually found in the "Audio" settings will be controlled on the adapter with the game controller icon button indicating the game audio volume and the button
    with the icon of a person indicates the chat audio volume.
Thema:

Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator

1. Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator - Similar Threads - Improving Wireless Headset

2. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  3. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  4. Are Microsoft even trying to improve cloud wait times...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Microsoft even trying to improve cloud wait times...: When are Microsoft going to actually address the forever wait times to play just about any game, I began paying more for ultimate, I love the cloud gaming service try a game before buying it, it...
  5. How do I improve downloading speed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I improve downloading speed?: I’m downloading Forza horizon 5 which is 170gb (with add ons) and it’s only downloading at 1.5MB/S. That’s like 20 hours to download. I have found that it does this for updates and downloads for...
  6. Game request (The Finals) that will further improve app engagment

in XboX Insiders
    Game request (The Finals) that will further improve app engagment: As per the title. I believe if "The Finals" game that just recently closed its open beta and it is predicted to released early December is the next big thing for FPS enthusiast. With standard game...
  7. We need to improve de live call, to many trols and bad players for the community

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We need to improve de live call, to many trols and bad players for the community: A lot of bad players até comigo from other platforms 05d0c125-04e3-4ccb-af04-0fd19537eeeb
  8. Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...: Please let me know. Thanks. d05f1a14-d675-4003-86bb-769a2c170264
  9. I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service.: I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service. I have seen its evolution but I notice that it is still missing. Especially in input lag. submitted by /u/jonathanfcb...
  10. Improvements that could be perfect for xbox consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Improvements that could be perfect for xbox consoles: I've been using xbox for a long time and I'm very happy with mine, but even so there are a few things that I think should be improved. For example, the new dashboard is beautiful, interactive and...