Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers"

Discus and support Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Kinect was the downfall of Xbox. When the original Kinect came out Xbox shifted it's focus telling everybody it was the future of gaming and turns out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FreedomEagle42, Jan 19, 2014.

  1. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest

    Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers"


    Kinect was the downfall of Xbox. When the original Kinect came out Xbox shifted it's focus telling everybody it was the future of gaming and turns out it was a piece of junk with no games. Now they are stupid enough to continue down that road but are going
    to force it on you. Take a look at the current games and future games..... no good games

    .

    To put so much focus on a device that is junk to gaming weekens the Xbox brand for gamers and the only way to fix it is to remove the Kinect sensor.
     
    bstn617, Jan 20, 2014
    #16
  2. People still blaming Kinect, it'll never end. I am in no way pro Kinect but to say that changed my perspective on the Xbox brand being less about games is ridiculous. I see the Kinect as an additional experience if I want it. For the XB1 I use the voice
    commands a lot for my apps and controller for games. All the current games do not need Kinect and all the upcoming hits don't either. So it is not as intrusive as some kids think is.
     
    CollapseControl, Jan 20, 2014
    #17
  3. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    [quote user="CollapseControl"]

    People still blaming Kinect, it'll never end. I am in no way pro Kinect but to say that changed my perspective on the Xbox brand being less about games is ridiculous. I see the Kinect as an additional experience if I want it. For the XB1 I use the voice
    commands a lot for my apps and controller for games. All the current games do not need Kinect and all the upcoming hits don't either. So it is not as intrusive as some kids think is.

    [/quote]

    Because it was the Kinect. When the Kinect came out everything changed Xbox took on a more child friendly feel and everything changed. They stoped getting good exclusives they changed the dashboard sorry i meen the "home" layout to a Kinect Layout even these
    forums turned to junk at that point when they got changed to the Kinect update.

    I dont hate the Kinect it's just not for me and should be a add on that if people want it they buy it and if they don't it go's away that simple.
     
    bstn617, Jan 20, 2014
    #18
  4. Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers"

    Might as well blame Nintendo for motion controls then, because in this industry it's all about copying a good or popular idea. Sony also did it with the Move, which I don't think was bad but was a flop, Kinect is not a flop tho. Going into GamesTop stores
    you can find Move accessories lying around no one is buying but some still buy Kinect stuff.

    Anyway, the Kinect is appealing to the casual crowd and MS isn't just going to deny them because there is a section of the community that has some unwarranted fear.
     
    CollapseControl, Jan 20, 2014
    #19
  5. I respect your opinion, bstn617, but I have to disagree. There have been plenty of great games for the Kinect. I would count Fruit Ninja Kinect, Your Health & Fitness Evolved (both the original & 2012 versions), The Gunstringer, The Dance Central series,
    Kinect Sports Rivals, & all of the games that incorporate it into their games to some degree such as Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 4, etc.

    I also disagree about what you said in regards to how the Xbox stopped getting good exclusives (which again is a subjective opinion rather than a fact). On the Xbox One, we've still got Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport, Killer Instinct, Peggle 2, Ryse Son of
    Rome, & Titanfall - all of which are good examples of exclusives.
     
    Galactic Geek, Jan 20, 2014
    #20
  6. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    [quote user="Galactic Geek"]

    I respect your opinion, , but I have to disagree. There have been plenty of great games for the Kinect. I would count Fruit Ninja Kinect, Your Health & Fitness Evolved (both the original & 2012 versions), The Gunstringer, The Dance Central series,
    Kinect Sports Rivals, & all of the games that incorporate it into their games to some degree such as Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 4, etc.

    I also disagree about what you said in regards to how the Xbox stopped getting good exclusives (which again is a subjective opinion rather than a fact). On the Xbox One, we've still got Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport, Killer Instinct, Peggle 2, Ryse Son of
    Rome, & Titanfall - all of which are good examples of exclusives.

    [/quote]

    Fair enough if you consider those good games that's your choice but there not my thing or many others who supported Xbox from the start.

    And the exclusive thing i would consider fact Dead Rising, Forza and Peggle are old games that were around before the Kinect came out I was saying that they stopped getting new exclusives of course there will be some but it's not like it was not even close.

    But I guess it's ok because now you can turn on your console with your voice.
     
    bstn617, Jan 20, 2014
    #21
  7. I honestly cannot wrap my head around how the Xbox One isn't for "Hardcore" gamers. I can still play my games, still expect good content to be released, and still expect to play online with people I hate. Only difference is I can use it for other things.
    Sure it is a higher price, but it seems worth it over time.
     
    Karch V Amadeo, Jan 20, 2014
    #22
  8. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

    Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers"

    Kids you need to stop playing one type of game. To me. A hardcore gamer plays them all or close to all type of games. Look my gamercard. It has more type of games then most you gamer wannabie. I bet that the only games you played are shooter and madden.
    Other then that. You never played nothing else in your gaming carree. And if I tell you what I played in my life time. You would drop a brick in your pants. I can safthy say I played close or over 1000 games in my life.
     
    Dakrkplayer2, Jan 20, 2014
    #23
  9. [quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

    [quote user=""]

    its just fanboy bias TBH. how is a system thats suppsoed to be for gamers, only releasing killzone, knack, infamous, and the order for its 1st 18 months, where the X1 is getting ryse, DR3, forza, halo, sunset overdrive, d4, spark, titanfall, etc etc. MS
    is pushing out the best games as always.

    [/quote]

    I will have to disagree with the last part. As always? Really? MS didnt push out the best games for the xbox 360 after awhile. Mostly Halo Gears and kinect stuff. But right now on xbox one, they do have the gane advantage

    [/quote]

    I've always lvoed the MS exclsuvies. outside of 2013 there were a ton of good exclsuives every year. and yes i very much enjoy halo and gears as well. not a fan of the kinect stuff though. so far fro the X1 i love ryse, DR3, forza, and titanfall. and tehy
    ahev about 10 more exclsuvies oming in the next year or so that look dam good. but hey everyone has their own opinion and tahts ok Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers" ;)
     
    Upinya Slayin, Jan 20, 2014
    #24
  10. The movie is supposed to emphasize the non-gaming abilities of the Xbox One, and the G.E is supposed to make gamers see it as a viable alternative to the PS4.
     
    FreedomEagle42, Jan 20, 2014
    #25
  11. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest
    It order to work op. You need three version not two. Because there gamers want the KINCET. So there has to be a KINECT bundle with a game in it. So you need a EE,KGE and CGE. So all three group is persented on the show floor.
     
    Dakrkplayer2, Jan 20, 2014
    #26
  12. Sounds good OP but I think the more hardcore gamers view the X1 as more inferior spec-wise and this does nothing to help that. The $400 version you speak of might attract a few more casuals because of the lower price.
     
    Sunburst Univox, Jan 20, 2014
    #27
  13. Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers"

    Costs less , slightly better hardware, don't need to be interested in camera's or motion sensors, Hello?? HELLO!!

    Notice that OP
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, Jan 20, 2014
    #28
  14. Again and again, if Microsoft make the Kinect 2 as accessory and removed it from being bundled with the Xbox One, it would completely de-value the K2, ruin the incredible potential that the Kinect 2 has and make the new Kinect 2 face the same shortfall as
    the original, due to it being optional.

    .

    OP, Microsoft releasing the Kinect 2 with every Xbox One shows developers that most people will still have their Kinect 2, meaning developers will be willing to spend time and resources developing for it. That was the issue with the original Kinect being
    optional, developers knew that such a small percentage of Xbox 360 owners had a Kinect, spending extra money developing for the original Kinect would have put developers in a very tough bind significantly increasing the chances of flopping.

    So all you Kinect haters, you can hate on the Kinect 2 all you want but unless you're willing to pay $100 back to all 3m+ Xbox One/Kinect 2 owners for turning their K2 into nothing more than a paper weight, stop trying to force a Kinect-less Xbox One.
     
    Gamer Nostalgia, Jan 20, 2014
    #29
  15. I seriously doubt the Kinect will be utilized for the same reason the DualShock 4's touch-pad won't be utilized: cross-platform compatibility. The Xbox One doesn't have the touch-pad at all, so developers can't rely on it; and the PlayStation Eye quite sparely
    seen. PC gaming is a whole different beast where motion controls are neigh-impossible to pull off. In short: the Kinect won't be used outside of the OS and maybe a few exclusives so developers don't have to worry about compatibility issues. Also, I have my
    Kinect in a drawer because it reminds me too much of the telescreens from Nineteen-Eighty-Four.

    Wow, that was a mouth-full.
     
    FreedomEagle42, Jan 21, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers"

Loading...
  1. Improving the Xbox One's Reputation/Credibility with "Hardcore Gamers" - Similar Threads - Improving One's Reputation

  2. Available for XBOX Insiders: Home Improvements, Local Save Game Management, and Profile Badges

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Home Improvements, Local Save Game Management, and Profile Badges: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  3. Some requests to improve Xbox, because commenting this doesn't work, they always choose the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Some requests to improve Xbox, because commenting this doesn't work, they always choose the...: 1: This would be perfect for the 25 Xbox anniversary. Add a option to custom the Xbox boot screen, with all previous Xbox boot screens, I would love to see the classic Xbox boot screen on my...
  4. New ROG Xbox Ally Updates: Docking Improvements, Auto SR Preview, Collective Library,...

    in XboX Insiders
    New ROG Xbox Ally Updates: Docking Improvements, Auto SR Preview, Collective Library,...: Xbox Insiders with a ROG Xbox Ally X enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview can access new features starting today! Be sure to read the blog post at the link for more information. submitted by...
  5. Available for Xbox Insiders: New Improvements to Achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for Xbox Insiders: New Improvements to Achievements: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Windows Insider promises to improve its quality; now it should be Xbox Insider's turn to...

    in XboX Insiders
    Windows Insider promises to improve its quality; now it should be Xbox Insider's turn to...: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2026/03/20/our-commitment-to-windows-quality/ Windows has already realized that continuing with its Insider program in the current way was unsustainable,...
  7. Acessability improvements, specifically TTS

    in XboX Insiders
    Acessability improvements, specifically TTS: Firstly I would like to commend xbox for the ability to use TTS on console. It is a huge help for me who is mute in meeting people to be able to communicate. With the ability to use a USB keyboard...
  8. Regarding Gacha games and improvements to keyboard and mouse support.

    in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Gacha games and improvements to keyboard and mouse support.: Anime-style gacha games on Xbox are rare, losing out significantly to their competitor. They always say it's because the Xbox market in Asian countries has low sales figures, but they forget that...
  9. Improve privacy controls and security for Xbox profile pictures

    in XboX Insiders
    Improve privacy controls and security for Xbox profile pictures: Xbox profile pictures are part of our identity, but not every player wants their image to be public. Right now, there are limited options to control who can see your profile picture. Xbox should...
  10. Suggestions for Xbox to improve user experience, transparency, and innovation

    in XboX Insiders
    Suggestions for Xbox to improve user experience, transparency, and innovation: Microsoft is a global leader in technology, and millions of users rely on its products daily — from Xbox to Windows, Office, and cloud services. To stay ahead and keep users happy, here are some...