Improved Report System

Discus and support Improved Report System in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't have a problem with creative gamertags, but I do have a problem with them being vulgar. You can be creative without being vulgar - I was. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galactic Geek, Feb 15, 2014.

  1. Improved Report System


    I don't have a problem with creative gamertags, but I do have a problem with them being vulgar. You can be creative without being vulgar - I was. The Cthulu is right; the auto-filters only do so much and we need to do more in order to make this a better
    community.

    Also, Listed Mia, I said 1 - not 100. I rarely use the enforcement tool because it's boring (maybe once a month, if that). I'd rather play a game and report them as I see them. In any case, please stop picking on me for trying to make the community a better
    place - as an ambassador you should know better than to do something like that.

    Saber Shadow, I report players for those things too, not just for gamertags.

    I can understand if you guys may not take it as seriously as I do, but I'm a teacher & as such I see it as my responsibility to be a shining example of the standards of the communities that I involve myself in - there is no shame in that & anyone that says
    otherwise is either ignorant or a bully.
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 16, 2014
    #16
  2. Sorry if you felt I was picking on you. I am not.

    My point is that the feature is a waste of development time!

    Also to say P.e.t cannot do their job without us is a careless statement. They been doing their job for many years before we had any power to "assist"

    I would like to add as ambassadors we are still allowed to have opinions of our own, we are not robots and we also are not paid employees. We are gamers willing to help. As this is not the support forum I am allowed to place my opinion as long as done in
    a non abusive manner.

    I.e swearing or consistent negativity.

    I think most of the gen public is confused on who and what ambassadors really do.
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 16, 2014
    #17
  3. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest
    You are trying to be righteous, you are trying to influence your values upon others which in my eyes is wrong, because someone maybe wants a gamer tag of say "don ke balls" and they have put it in a less offensive and more discreet manner should be fine,
    in my opinion the forum should be based on a one to one situation, basically if you feel i have insulted you, called you, or bullied you then report me has i would if it was to be the opposite way round, to actually try and police or be some kind of forum
    vigilante is kinda wrong, and in my opinion i can imagine that you report things a bit more than you are letting on
     
    nowaysis, Feb 16, 2014
    #18
  4. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest

    Improved Report System

    I find such most things trivial.

    I just don't care enough about stupid names or the like. Cheating....sure.

    Maybe, I just have better things. What do I care if some 12 year old thinks he's clever. We were all there once.

    I haven't had LIVE since the original Xbox but for about 3 months total this passed gen...so I don't know if it's a huge problem or what. I dunno...I just don't see how it's a big deal.

    If you've got better things to do than to worry about gamertags....then it shouldn't bother you.
     
    Wiggs, Feb 16, 2014
    #19
  5. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    GalacticGeek is following the T.O.U. and C.O.C. and using features that the creators/designers implemented in their system. To say he is "trying to be righteous" and "trying to influence" his "values upon others" is ludicrous; he is following the rules and
    trying to make sure others do as well.

    You, others, or I might not find "don ke balls" offensive (I do however find it juvenile.), but I would guess it does break the "rules" we ALL agreed upon when signing up to Live. If he or others find it offensive and wish to report...more power to them.
    Know I wont be missing the racist comments and 9 year old's telling me twisted things about my mother, though SOME of the squeakers can be amusing when they rage. Lol.

    It's his choice and Microsoft encourages it for a better gaming community. I've played with him a couple times and he doesn't strike me as someone who files complaints for no reason.

    Now let's talk about if I report "offensive" gamertags (Or anything else for that matter). For the most part no. If I STRONGLY suspect you are cheating/boosting/lag-switching in a C.O.D. game...I will look at your profile for ANYTHING that's reportable.
    Cause that's how I roll! Lol.

    Peace, J.R.

     
    J.R.G., Feb 16, 2014
    #20
  6. Yea it's his right of course. But let's say there is someone who does good things for the community and has a slip up on a bad word, or a rude post, Should he really feel so obligated to push that report button.

    Remember some things are not so important than others... Especially when it risks taking away something that person worked so hard for or spent so much money on.

    I guess that should not factor in heh
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 16, 2014
    #21
  7. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    I'm fairly certain if someone "has a slip up on a bad word, or a rude post" they don't get a permanent ban. If someone keeps getting warnings/temporary bans and continues the behavior that leads to "taking away something that person worked so hard for or
    spent so much money on."...

    I MAY have posted things that get * out and have POSSIBLY used inappropriate language; if it was a

    recurring problem where I was getting banned or risked losing my tech...I think dropping out of the forums and not playing C.O.D. is the route I'd take.

    I might not agree with people that report the slightest infraction, and certainly don't agree with all of M.S. s rules, but I accept them.

    Peace, J.R.

    I might
     
    J.R.G., Feb 16, 2014
    #22
  8. Improved Report System

    In a sense, you're right Mia. I don't report everything - like if someone curses out of frustration for example (Even I'll admit to doing that). However, when someone creates a juvenile, inappropriate gamertag, they do so fully knowing that people are going
    to see it and that it will get a reaction out of someone. That IS, whether you like it or not, against the CoC & ToU. I simply prefer denying them that attention by reporting them discreetly.
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 16, 2014
    #23
  9. Also, thank you D33dles. Improved Report System :)
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 16, 2014
    #24
  10. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    So if someone doesn't share your opinion they are ignorant or a bully? Wow you must be a very good teacher.
     
    vikingland1, Feb 16, 2014
    #25
  11. vikingland1, this is what I'm talking about - you're twisting my words to fit your needs and to discredit me in the process.

    What I said was:[quote user=""]I can understand if you guys may not take it as seriously as I do, but I'm a teacher & as such I see it as my responsibility to be a shining example of the standards of the communities that I involve myself in
    - there is no shame in that & anyone that says otherwise is either ignorant or a bully.[/quote]

    In doing so, I accepted others' opinions and simply stated that if anyone thinks that an attempt at making a community a better place is shameful, then they ARE ignorant or a bully - that's not an opinion, but a fact. Why should anyone be ashamed of doing
    something good? It's specific to the situation at hand, not to EVERY opinion.
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 17, 2014
    #26
  12. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    I don't report people, I only submit player reviews to "avoid players who lack skill". Which is 95% of the community...So listed mia was correct, I spend more time filling out reviews than playing games.
     
    CODukes4, Feb 17, 2014
    #27
  13. Improved Report System

    There are no player reviews for the Xbox One like there was on the Xbox 360 - it's now all part of the reporting system, CODukes4.
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 17, 2014
    #28
  14. Yea finally I'm right about something... Jk

    More power too you GG but I just don't see your fixation on it. I've seen a couple threads where you wanted more reporting features and then now so excited for them. My last forum sig. "Someone's got to do it" should have been yours.

    Oh and I know you did not say 100 that just the daily limit for enforcement united beta and IMO that is a very comical feature. I have a hoot everytime I do my 100 tag reviews.
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 17, 2014
    #29
  15. The thing is, I probably don't report more or less than anybody else - it's just that the perception of that was inadvertently put out into the public spotlight, either by myself or by others.
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 17, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Improved Report System

Loading...
  1. Improved Report System - Similar Threads - Improved Report System

  2. Available for XBOX Insiders: Home Improvements, Local Save Game Management, and Profile Badges

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Home Improvements, Local Save Game Management, and Profile Badges: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  3. Some requests to improve Xbox, because commenting this doesn't work, they always choose the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Some requests to improve Xbox, because commenting this doesn't work, they always choose the...: 1: This would be perfect for the 25 Xbox anniversary. Add a option to custom the Xbox boot screen, with all previous Xbox boot screens, I would love to see the classic Xbox boot screen on my...
  4. New ROG Xbox Ally Updates: Docking Improvements, Auto SR Preview, Collective Library,...

    in XboX Insiders
    New ROG Xbox Ally Updates: Docking Improvements, Auto SR Preview, Collective Library,...: Xbox Insiders with a ROG Xbox Ally X enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview can access new features starting today! Be sure to read the blog post at the link for more information. submitted by...
  5. Available for Xbox Insiders: New Improvements to Achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for Xbox Insiders: New Improvements to Achievements: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Windows Insider promises to improve its quality; now it should be Xbox Insider's turn to...

    in XboX Insiders
    Windows Insider promises to improve its quality; now it should be Xbox Insider's turn to...: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2026/03/20/our-commitment-to-windows-quality/ Windows has already realized that continuing with its Insider program in the current way was unsustainable,...
  7. Acessability improvements, specifically TTS

    in XboX Insiders
    Acessability improvements, specifically TTS: Firstly I would like to commend xbox for the ability to use TTS on console. It is a huge help for me who is mute in meeting people to be able to communicate. With the ability to use a USB keyboard...
  8. Regarding Gacha games and improvements to keyboard and mouse support.

    in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Gacha games and improvements to keyboard and mouse support.: Anime-style gacha games on Xbox are rare, losing out significantly to their competitor. They always say it's because the Xbox market in Asian countries has low sales figures, but they forget that...
  9. Improve privacy controls and security for Xbox profile pictures

    in XboX Insiders
    Improve privacy controls and security for Xbox profile pictures: Xbox profile pictures are part of our identity, but not every player wants their image to be public. Right now, there are limited options to control who can see your profile picture. Xbox should...
  10. Suggestions for Xbox to improve user experience, transparency, and innovation

    in XboX Insiders
    Suggestions for Xbox to improve user experience, transparency, and innovation: Microsoft is a global leader in technology, and millions of users rely on its products daily — from Xbox to Windows, Office, and cloud services. To stay ahead and keep users happy, here are some...