Impossible to use controls with some DVDs using the Bluray player

Discus and support Impossible to use controls with some DVDs using the Bluray player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! Similar to the problem other users have described here... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cn boda, Dec 26, 2023.

1. cn boda
    cn boda Guest

Hello!

Similar to the problem other users have described here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...x/0bcf41f3-8dbb-4752-b096-84c562a1c565?page=1

I just got a new collector pack Dragon Ball (

https://www.anime-store.fr/as/Drago...-episodes-Non-censure-produit-video-1007.html

) and no controls are available except pause and resume when I try to play them on my Xbox One and the Bluray player app. The problem is that the OK control is also unavailable which means that I cannot start the videos and I am stuck at the top menu of the DVD.

I tried my 3 controllers, an USB keyboard and a remote control. The DVDs work with other DVD players.

I did all the troubleshooting proposed in the linked question but still same problem. Can you please help me?

Have a great day

Regards

:)

cn boda, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello cn boda,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello cn boda,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello cn boda,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with playing the Dragon Ball collector pack DVDs on your Xbox One in which the controller, USB keyboard and remote control are not working. Based on the information you've provided, it seems that the issue is with the DVD itself and not with your Xbox One or the Bluray player app. Let us help you by providing troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Restart Xbox One:

• Turn off your Xbox One completely.
    • Unplug the power cord from the console.
    • Wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn on the console.
    • Try playing the DVDs again.
    2. Check DVD Region compatibility:

• Ensure that the Dragon Ball collector pack DVDs are compatible with the region settings of your Xbox One.
    • Some DVDs are region-specific and may not work if the regions don’t match.
    3. Make sure that your Xbox One and the Bluray player app are up to date with the latest software updates.

• Go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads and check for any available updates.
    4. Try cleaning the DVD with a soft cloth to remove any smudges or fingerprints.

5. Try playing a different DVD on your Xbox One and the Bluray player app to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you can try contacting the manufacturer of the DVD for further assistance.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello cn boda,

Thank you for letting us know how you managed to find another way to play DVD in your Xbox One console.

You can use your Xbox controller or a USB keyboard to control both Blu-ray Discs and DVDs that you’re playing in the Blu-ray Player app on your console. You can check this link for your reference: Control Blu-ray and DVD discs on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

I hope this will help you how to control your DVD when playing using the Bluray player app on your Xbox One Console.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. cn boda Win User

Hello,

Sorry for the wait in the answer, I could not answer earlier.

I really appreciate your answer, thank you. I have tried all you suggested, the DVDs were all new and none of them works correctly with the Xbox one. I have bought an external Blu-ray player (Hitachi LG BP55EB40) and I can play the DVDs on multiple computers (using VLC on Fedora Linux and Windows 11).

I have contacted the DVD store about this issue they told me to get a proper DVD player. The Xbox One with the Blu-ray player app does not seem to be one.

Have a great one,

Regards,
Thema:

1. Impossible to use controls with some DVDs using the Bluray player - Similar Threads - Impossible controls DVDs

2. the refunding is too hard and actually impossible

in XBoX on Windows
    the refunding is too hard and actually impossible: i have gone on the https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders website and then the website that should work with the order number but the number it need is supposed to start with a G and the...
  3. It's Literally Impossible to get Microsoft to Call Me

in XBoX on Windows
    It's Literally Impossible to get Microsoft to Call Me: Someone hacked my account in November, and charged my card $150. I cannot investigate the charges because the card is now inactive, so when I input my CCV, it gives me an error message. When I try...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  5. Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support: I’m honestly at the end of my tether with Microsoft/Xbox! I ordered a customised controller from XDL on the 15th of November, never received a confirmation email but the order was there on my...
  6. Microsoft are impossible to contact

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft are impossible to contact: I am trying to contact MS re an Xbox one issue with F1 not loading. I have tried lots of suggestions but it will not load. I cannot speak to anyone and the call back service (UK) does not seem to...
  7. Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???: I am trying to get a refund on a game and its impossible to speak to anyone. The refund was denied and I don't understand why! cb1b9a81-885e-48d6-bfbf-85741795aa79
  8. I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.: I'm having problems installing/downloading microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible. The download process continually hangs. Please help. I have a steam copy of microsoft flight...
  9. "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020: Last week , Thursday afternoon , i used FS2020 to make setting of the hardware modules of my future cockpit with Spad.next , no issues at all Friday morning , i wanted to continue the job, but...
  10. I can't log in to my TV in the Xbox app, it tells me it's impossible to log in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in to my TV in the Xbox app, it tells me it's impossible to log in.: My TV is a Samsung brand and I have had this problem for days, please help. ea9e0ef7-8e79-46a3-9565-cedbc203dc13