"Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020

Discus and support "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Last week , Thursday afternoon , i used FS2020 to make setting of the hardware modules of my future cockpit with Spad.next , no issues at all Friday... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thierry Georgelin, Oct 10, 2023.

1. "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020

Last week , Thursday afternoon , i used FS2020 to make setting of the hardware modules of my future cockpit with Spad.next , no issues at all
    Friday morning , i wanted to continue the job, but when i started FS2020 , i had a strange message "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" , click on "OK" , then a message "touch key to restart" and after touch action a loop to the msgbox error
    before asking help , i took time to search in FAQ,
    i saw a lot of actions i made to try to solve this
    stop xbox apps and FS2020 , then restart
    Check if GPU drivers & Windows 11 are up to date, they were

Check in Microsoft store if Xbox and FS2020 apps are up to date , they were
    uninstall Xbox and install again Xbox + Xbox repair in Apps
    uninstall and install again FS2020 + Apps repair in apps
    changing password access for "Xbox" , "Microsoft store" and "Microsoft hotmail" taking care to have same password for all as required,
    delete some credential files :
    stop FS 2020 , delete "account" and "cache" folder in "C:\Users\M ........\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker" and restart PC, then FS2020
    check if all services for Xbox are started and in automatic mode
    1 of them was not and i granted it in started "Automatic" mode and started
    3 of them stay as defined , but the XblGameSave status came back at "stopped" and "manual" mode after a few minutes (normal or not ? i don't know)

i also made a test with my antivirus Bitdefender Total Security disable , same problem
    At least i ran Xbox in which i saw that i am clearly connected , i ran too FS 2020 and now it opened a msgbox asking me my login, my password that i entered and again restart the "0x8004005 msgbox" and "Touch key" action to do and loop again in the login MsgBox and as usual noway to exit properly, so a delete in control task application is the unique solution to exit

what can i do more to use this great FS2020 sim ?

PC AMD 5900X / RTX 2080 TI / NMV2 & SSD / 64 Gb / Windows 11 pro / FS2020 Deluxe Premium version updated to last release

:)

Thierry Georgelin, Oct 10, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Thierry Georgelin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This seems to be related to the account/s detected by your PC for the apps related to Microsoft Flight Simulator that may not matched or unable to connect to the server. To ensure you will be able to get back to gaming, we recommend you to try the following:

1. Disable mods of the game and any third-party apps (like antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer or game accelerator). We understand that you have already tried to disable the Bitdefender Total Security however, please try to disable any third party that may affect your game credentials.
    2. Launch Microsoft Store and Xbox app, make sure these two apps are signed into the same account you are using on Flight Simulator.
    3. Install Microsoft Store games like Microsoft Sudoku or Microsoft Solitaire Collection and launch. See if you can sign in with your credential for Flight Simulator or you get the same error message about your Xbox live.
    4. Lastly, launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and see if you still have the same error. Please take a screenshot of the issue and share with us.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Thierry Georgelin,

We appreciate all the screenshots you have taken, and this truly displays an issue with Xbox Live. Since Microsoft Solitaire does not display any issues with your account then this could be related to Microsoft Flight Simulator.

We have dedicated support team for this game, and we recommend you reach out to them. This way they can assist you with this concern: Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support.

Regards,
  4. Thierry Georgelin Win User

Hi Kathy

i disabled BitDefender Total Security, Bitdefender VPN again

i reinstalled Xbox

My login and password for my Microsoft Mail in Hotmail.com , Microsoft Store, Xbox and windows account based on same login and password

i ran repair on the xbox and fs2020 apps

i ran Xbox & Microsoft Store and they connected automatically with the common account infos (login & pwd) , i also made the test by de-connecting session and connecting with manual login & pwd info, no issues

i installed Microsoft solitaire collection and it works without asking me login infos

i ran again MSFS 2020 and have again the same loop message issue whatever the fact is use default account or enter manually the login & pwd info

see screenshot

after starting MSFS 2020

0-1 Start MSFS 2020

0-2 after validatation of my default account

0-3 after click on OK

0-4 Xbox connected

0-5 Microsoft connected profile account

0-6 Microsoft connected store account

0-7 Gaming services detail apps in control tasks

0-8 Xbox detail apps in control tasks

0-9 Xbox services status

0-9 Xbox Services with properties

for the 2 last pictures , i saw in a "Zendek help" that these 4 Xbox services should be in "Automatic" in started type and "Started" in status , but one of them it is not the case

if i change these 2 settings for this service, after a short few minutes , the 2 setting came back in "manual" & in "stopped"

is it normal or not ? i don't know

hope these information's could help you to find the issue and have a possibility to resolve it

Regards

Thierry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post.
  5. elwookienator Win User

Can not update or install games through Xbox GamePass PC

tried that still getting error 0x80070141 :(

cannot install state of decay, msfs 2020 or fallout 76
  6. ToreBlåtand Win User

Problem with Xbox Gamingservices and MSFS 2020 on PC windows 10

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunatler none of the actions works. I uninstalled MSFS 2020 and even formatted the disc it was installed on.

The problem now is that both MSFS 2020 and Xbox Gameservices in Microsoft Store are marked with error and requires new download/ update which are also marked with error message as soon as I try to do anything.

No matter what ever I have tried so far ( Windows Store repair, Windows Store repair and components update, among others plus reinstalling Xbox app) I am still not able to install MSFS again.

Maybe the only solution is to reinstall Windows?
Thema:

1. "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020 - Similar Threads - Impossible connect Live

2. the refunding is too hard and actually impossible

in XBoX on Windows
    the refunding is too hard and actually impossible: i have gone on the https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders website and then the website that should work with the order number but the number it need is supposed to start with a G and the...
  3. It's Literally Impossible to get Microsoft to Call Me

in XBoX on Windows
    It's Literally Impossible to get Microsoft to Call Me: Someone hacked my account in November, and charged my card $150. I cannot investigate the charges because the card is now inactive, so when I input my CCV, it gives me an error message. When I try...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  5. Impossible to use controls with some DVDs using the Bluray player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Impossible to use controls with some DVDs using the Bluray player: Hello! Similar to the problem other users have described here...
  6. Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support: I’m honestly at the end of my tether with Microsoft/Xbox! I ordered a customised controller from XDL on the 15th of November, never received a confirmation email but the order was there on my...
  7. Microsoft are impossible to contact

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft are impossible to contact: I am trying to contact MS re an Xbox one issue with F1 not loading. I have tried lots of suggestions but it will not load. I cannot speak to anyone and the call back service (UK) does not seem to...
  8. Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???: I am trying to get a refund on a game and its impossible to speak to anyone. The refund was denied and I don't understand why! cb1b9a81-885e-48d6-bfbf-85741795aa79
  9. I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.: I'm having problems installing/downloading microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible. The download process continually hangs. Please help. I have a steam copy of microsoft flight...
  10. I can't log in to my TV in the Xbox app, it tells me it's impossible to log in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in to my TV in the Xbox app, it tells me it's impossible to log in.: My TV is a Samsung brand and I have had this problem for days, please help. ea9e0ef7-8e79-46a3-9565-cedbc203dc13