Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...

Discus and support Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Okay so I had an Xbox and it stopped working recently so I tried bringing the external storage to a different Xbox and when I plug it in it recognizes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sean Ouellette1, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...

Okay so I had an Xbox and it stopped working recently so I tried bringing the external storage to a different Xbox and when I plug it in it recognizes the storage but it says owner needs to sign in to install or use the games so I tried that and it still says the owner needs to sign in. So I’m signed in on the correct account and the external storage I kept from my old Xbox, is recognized on the new xbox it just won’t let me install or play any of the games. I have at least a hundred games on the storage device and it would be very nice to not have to pay for everything again. Thank you!

:)

Sean Ouellette1, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t let me install my games because “the owner needs to be signed in” can anyone help?

Hello, my name is Oskayra, it is a pleasure to answer your question.

Where exactly did you get that other Xbox?

If your problem persists, do not hesitate to contact me.
    Oskayra h.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Xbox one external hardrive

What I meant in my previous reply is that it won’t work if formatted as NTFS (or similar) on pc. As this is for game clips and screenshots or music, videos and photos. - Which is why I said “to
    install games” on external storage. I understand, the correct format is applied when setting up the external storage on xbox one.

Although, I understand what you mean and appreciate your reply.
  4. Ben Norton Win User

Xbox 360 partitioned space and cant access my stuff

I have alsmot the exact same problem. I moved my xbox one and now it won’t recognize my external storage and says I have way less storage available than I know I do. All the games that I play are uninstalled because they were installed to my external storage.
    Someone please help!!
  5. cobaltzzz Win User

my xbox is broken or something minecraft says its installing but its not doing anything and i cant uninstall it or pause the update

im using an xbox 1s no my xbox isnt in the insiders program its not displaying installation stopped and there are no external storage devices plugged into my xbox
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

Video Captures Missing from Hard drive, I didn't delete them.

Are you sure you weren't signed in using another account or they weren't on an external storage device?
Thema:

Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...

1. Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t... - Similar Threads - using different signed

2. x button not responding even after using different keybinds

in XBoX on Consoles
    x button not responding even after using different keybinds: My xbox controller was working 100% perfectly fine in a agme untul outnof no wehre my reload button (x) suddenly didnt respond snd i tried various ways to yet this fixed but thry would just lead...
  3. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  4. i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...: i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do that? e8ce0939-2d4f-4fb2-8053-513825fb040a
  5. My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...: It’s as the title says. Since about November my account ‘s on file card was used to purchase an Xbox live subscription of $10.65. This did not give MY account the “benefit” nor did I authorize the...
  6. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  7. Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices.: The Xbox Series X controller's feature that enables you to switch between two different Bluetooth devices has changed in the last controller firmware update. It used to be that if you had a PC...
  8. Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as...: Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as my home xbox? d1ed5b42-ebf6-4a1c-af46-31caa78d6e75
  9. Verification code sent to different email, not to the email I used for login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Verification code sent to different email, not to the email I used for login: I have made a different microsoft account where I used for adding my bought minecraft code. I used a different email provider called "Tutamail" for the email I used, and I added my gmail account...
  10. can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with...: Minecraft sharing the app, can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with another person , if one signs out of their Microsoft account in the app, will they...