I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one

Discus and support I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuperKelli, Mar 1, 2024.

1. SuperKelli
    SuperKelli Guest

I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox companion app, but when I pull it up on my computer, it says it's no longer supported and takes me to my actual Xbox app. Any ideas?

:)

SuperKelli, Mar 1, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes the xbox app would be your only option thru remote.play

And no you can't use the HDMI port

Laptops and pc only come with HDMI out not IN
  3. coll9502 Win User

using my laptop as a monitor

I have an HDMI port on my laptop and I don't stream I because it *** sucks
  4. BetaKool4502 Win User

The only way you can do that directly is if your laptop has an HDMI input port which most do not.

However if you have Windows 10 you can stream your Xbox to your laptop and use your Xbox One Controller if you are on the same network with both. Check that out here:

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming
  5. BetaKool4502 Win User

I love streaming. It works like a charm to my Surface 3 and to my home PC. Is your HDMI port an input port or an out port. Most HDMI ports on laptops are output ports allowing you to connect a HD screen to your laptop to show what is on your laptop.
    In order to have your Xbox show on your laptop it has to have an input port.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

No sound with HDMI cable.

[quote user="furios fluff"]I am currently running into a problem similar to others in that when I hook my xbox up with a HDMI cable, no sound is coming out. but instead of using it for a TV screen, I'm trying to use it with my laptop.[/quote]Which exact
    make and model of laptop?

The only laptops I'm aware of that support use of their screens as externally-attached monitors are certain Alienware models.
Thema:

1. I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one - Similar Threads - I'm trying Laptop

2. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  3. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  4. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  5. I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...: It's saying I need to have a subscription to broadcast I don't know what this means but I've looked at some other people and people are saying that it means they need to login with their Twitch...
  6. I'm trying to sign in to my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to sign in to my Xbox 360: Please help me sign in to my Xbox 360 bcd58999-7c99-4c4f-8285-ba6ca9696315
  7. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  8. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  9. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  10. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....