I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...

Discus and support I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It is a Crucial X8 1tb SSD. It is attached with a USB 3.2 cable. b9acacb0-b94d-4818-88c4-8a22d3323422 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Liam Sandeman, Jan 3, 2024.

1. I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...

It is a Crucial X8 1tb SSD. It is attached with a USB 3.2 cable.

:)

Liam Sandeman, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Manuel Hanna Win User

XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

if you're trying to play Xbox series games, they must be played from the internal SSD or the official expansion cards by seagate and WD. USB is not fast enough to play those games no matter what is inside the case
    I'm not attempting to play any games from there. I'm simply trying to set up the external hard drive as external storage. That's when I received the error from my Xbox
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??

Series S. it seems to be any game. I haven’t found one I can play directly from the hard drive yet. In honesty I haven’t tried many but seemed odd that I haven’t found any yet?
    The only games that would be directly playable from an HDD would be Xbox one games.

Xbox Series X/S games can only be stored but not played from an external HDD. Those can only be played from either the internal ssd or one of the WD or Seagate expansion ssd's that plug into the back.

The reason is the Xbox Series X/S games are setup to take advantage of the speed of the internal ssd. For comparison Internal SSD has raw read speeds of 2.4 GB/s whereas HDDs would only be a max of 500 MB/s.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

If he has a Series S/X and is trying to play a Series S/X optimized game, it will only run on the internal drive or on an expansion card made for the Series S/X. It won't run on a regular external hard drive or SSD.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

No, just plug in the external hard drive, and your games that are stored on there will work straight away. There is no need to move them to the new console, only the Xbox Series X games have to be stored on the console or the external SSD storage that
    is available for it too.
  6. sonsam7 Win User

Can i download the Xbox One version of dying light 2 on my Series X?

No, I used my 12tb western digital external hard drive but when tried to launch the game it said it needed to be on my internal ssd for faster speeds etc.

I even reached out to Xbox support on Twitter and they finally told me that I can only download the x/s version of the game if I'm playing on a Xbox series x/s.

So Microsoft/Xbox is aware that people aren't able to download the xbox one version on their series consoles when trying to play with their friends. I just don't think they care.
Thema:

I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...

1. I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only... - Similar Threads - I'm trying set

2. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  3. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  4. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  5. I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...: It's saying I need to have a subscription to broadcast I don't know what this means but I've looked at some other people and people are saying that it means they need to login with their Twitch...
  6. I'm trying to sign in to my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to sign in to my Xbox 360: Please help me sign in to my Xbox 360 bcd58999-7c99-4c4f-8285-ba6ca9696315
  7. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  8. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  9. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  10. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....