I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update...

Discus and support I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Call of duty, trying to install while updating and saying installation stopped. I even went as far as to pretty much factory reset the Xbox and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Madison_323, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Madison_323
    Madison_323 Guest

I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update...

Call of duty, trying to install while updating and saying installation stopped. I even went as far as to pretty much factory reset the Xbox and it still won't. It'll download the mw2 content pack and skin but not the base game.

:)

Madison_323, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update then says installation stopped. What do I do?

Hello Madison_323,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update then says installation stopped. What do I do?

Hello Madison_323,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with reinstalling Call of Duty on your Xbox. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

This issue may be caused by a corrupted update file or a network problem. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

- Make sure your console is connected to a stable internet connection and has enough storage space for the game.

- Go to My games & apps > Manage > Updates and delete any pending updates for Call of Duty.

- If the installation still stops, reset the Xbox console.

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? Select Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. JoeyFizzle84 Win User

Battlefield 4 - won't update, so can't play.

I'm getting the same problem with COD Ghosts... Day one update was fine. COD Ghosts installed 100% try to play but says needs update, but the says there is s problem with the update! Checked connections and that's fine with no errors??? But cause can't update
    I can't play... Ridiculous!
  5. Jennifer Ditsworth Win User

My fortnite has corrupted and won't reinstall.

It says that it can't be launched and that the item is corrupt. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Followed by the code (0x80070570), immediately after trying to install.
  6. XmanAdvenger Win User

My Xbox won’t install or update games through network

I’m having the same issue I have multiple add-ons that I’ve uninstalled themselves in Mortal Kombat X in Mortal Kombat 11 it says they’re installing and then they uninstall themselves immediately afterwards it says when I’m installing them that they are
    a wb games update Well showing the ad on icon saying they’ve been installed and then immediately goes back to needing to be installed again right afterwards
Thema:

1. I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update... - Similar Threads - I'm trying reinstall

2. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  3. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  4. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  5. I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...: It's saying I need to have a subscription to broadcast I don't know what this means but I've looked at some other people and people are saying that it means they need to login with their Twitch...
  6. I'm trying to sign in to my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to sign in to my Xbox 360: Please help me sign in to my Xbox 360 bcd58999-7c99-4c4f-8285-ba6ca9696315
  7. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  8. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  9. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  10. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....