I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control

Discus and support I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account does not allow me to add my son's account to parental control, I think there is something wrong with one of the two accounts but I don't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Onikuma223, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Onikuma223
    Onikuma223 Guest

I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control

My account does not allow me to add my son's account to parental control, I think there is something wrong with one of the two accounts but I don't really know what the requirements or characteristics are to be able to do this correctly, I think I need help.

:)

Onikuma223, Nov 11, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Onikuma223, I am independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

To set up parental controls on your Xbox account, you must make sure your account is set as a parent or legal guardian account. Below is an overview of the steps to set up parental controls on your Xbox account:

A. Sign in to your Xbox account using your credentials.

B. Navigate to the main menu and select the “Settings” or “Account Settings” tab. This may vary depending on the version of the Xbox console you are using.

C. Within your account settings, look for the “Privacy” or “Parental Controls” section. This section will allow you to access parental control options.

D. Set a passcode that will be required to make changes to parental control settings. Make sure you choose a code that is secure and not easy to guess.

E. Within the parental control settings, you will have options to set specific restrictions based on your preferences. This may include content restrictions, play time limits, and purchase restrictions.

F. If you have not yet created an account for your child, you can do so from the parental control settings. Add a child account linked to your Xbox account, so you can apply specific restrictions and controls.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. ZacharyMaisonneuve Win User

It says i have a child account and i cant sign up for halo insider

Hi, it won't let me add a parent to my account, and I don't remember joining one. I also checked online, and it says I'm an adult and that I'm in a family by myself.
  4. ExceedingSmile5 Win User

Problem Parental Settings downloading MOHWF Beta

Hello, my 17-year-old son had this exact same problem today, he has a Gold account, and I (the parent) logged in to make sure all the parental controls allowed him access, but he still got the error message on the console when he tried to download the free
    beta version of MOHWF. Please let me know what else I/we can do to allow him to download the game? Thank you.
  5. Judi Green Win User

X box 360 help

My machine is not at my home now, my son says he has reset factory settings but still not letting him in without the parental control setting.
  6. Baker2387 Win User

Multiplayer status not joinable

I'm the account holder and I don't have parental controls set and I have no problem playing against other players in matchmaking it just won't allow me to join friends.
Thema:

1. I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control - Similar Threads - I'm trying account

2. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  3. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  4. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....
  5. I'm trying to get back my Fortnite account on my Xbox but I forgot the pass key in the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to get back my Fortnite account on my Xbox but I forgot the pass key in the...: I'm trying to get back my Fortnite account on my Xbox but I forgot the pass key in the email was canceled now I'm locked out of my Fortnite account I want it back is there any way to fix it...
  6. I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...: I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I finish filling it out it takes me to an Xbox 8aa6ace2-1a33-4507-9e50-62116a14af83
  7. I'm trying to sign into an account on my Xbox. Just an extra account I made.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to sign into an account on my Xbox. Just an extra account I made.: Everytime i try to sign into the account the xbox says I'm trying to access sensitive information so i need to confirm my account and enter the password. I do then it says it must send me a code...
  8. Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account?: I've been trying to access my brothers gamepass, but for some reason, every time I try logging in, the pin doesn't seem to work. I've tried all of the pins he could think of, and nothing worked....
  9. I'm trying to make my xbox account public but everytime I go to the privacy & online safety...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to make my xbox account public but everytime I go to the privacy & online safety...: I need to make my account public again but I'm unable to. I can't lose this account. cc76c316-19f3-4a53-b3ec-88436c1bfd30
  10. I'm trying to sign in to my xbox account on my pc and i forgot the pin how to i reset it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to sign in to my xbox account on my pc and i forgot the pin how to i reset it?: I dont have the xbox anymore and i have the password and username and emails d0f08b35-f62b-415f-b401-e4d438780f02