I'm trying to launch starfield. It needed to have the files verified and downloaded a 4KB...

Discus and support I'm trying to launch starfield. It needed to have the files verified and downloaded a 4KB... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't have a windows store trouble shooter to reset the store. How can I fix this? e15d893e-8545-4e77-affa-15150f5116d2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by John Noe2, Sep 10, 2023.

1. John Noe2
    John Noe2 Guest

I'm trying to launch starfield. It needed to have the files verified and downloaded a 4KB...

I don't have a windows store trouble shooter to reset the store. How can I fix this?

:)

John Noe2, Sep 10, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

I'm trying to launch starfield. It needed to have the files verified and downloaded a 4KB file. However, it can't install the file and is giving the error code "0x80073d002".

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

I'm trying to launch starfield. It needed to have the files verified and downloaded a 4KB file. However, it can't install the file and is giving the error code "0x80073d002".

Hello John Noe2,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

If you run into installation issues with Starfield on Windows, please see the suggested troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

First visit Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community and move to the Starfield Section.

• I am receiving the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Starfield on my PC
      • To resolve this install error, you’ll need to add a Reg Key Value on your PC. Since this resolution requires running a command prompt, we recommend backing up your files in case the command is improperly inputted. Proceed with caution.
      • Open a command prompt as administrator. You can find this by searching for “CMD” in your Windows Start/Search bar and then selecting “Run as administrator”
      • Once the Command Prompt is open, enter this text and then press the Enter key:
        • reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\StateRepositoryStatus /v AutoCheckIntegrity /t REG_DWORD /d 5
      • When the command prompt finishes this task, it will show “The operation completed successfully”
      • Restart your PC
      • You should no longer see this error when you resume or start your install. If you do continue to see additional errors, you can also try installing and running our Gaming Services Repair Tool with the steps posted on this support page.
    • I am receiving the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Starfield on my PC
      • To resolve this install error, you’ll need to add a Reg Key Value on your PC. Since this resolution requires running a command prompt, we recommend backing up your files in case the command is improperly inputted. Proceed with caution.
      • Open a command prompt as administrator. You can find this by searching for “CMD” in your Windows Start/Search bar and then selecting “Run as administrator”
      • Once the Command Prompt is open, enter this text and then press the Enter key:
        • reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\StateRepositoryStatus /v AutoCheckIntegrity /t REG_DWORD /d 5
      • When the command prompt finishes this task, it will show “The operation completed successfully”
      • Restart your PC
      • You should no longer see this error when you resume or start your install. If you do continue to see additional errors, you can also try installing and running our Gaming Services Repair Tool with the steps posted on this support page.

Please also visit: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support and move over to unable to launch an application troubleshooting.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Vanessaez Win User

Starfield - Xbox PC - Old Mars & Constellation Issue

Hello Ronmar T, I'm Vanessa, an independent advisor, and I'm here to guide you on your case.

I'm a player too, and I've had the same issue with this game. The solutions below worked for me, so I tried most of them. After playing again, I didn't have any more problems.

According to the information provided, it appears that the Starfield DLC files, Old Mars and Constellations, are not properly installed on your PC. This could be due to a number of factors, such as:

An error in the original installation of the DLC.
    A problem with your PC's file system.
    A problem with the Xbox Play Anywhere software.
    To try to resolve the issue, you can follow these steps:

Verify that the DLC files are properly installed on your Xbox. To do this, go to your Xbox's Game Library and select Starfield. Next, select Downloadable Content and make sure that the Old Mars and Constellations DLC are installed.
    If the DLC are installed correctly on your Xbox, try reinstalling the files on your PC. To do this, go to the Starfield installation folder on your PC and delete the Old Mars and Constellations folders. Next, download the DLC again from the Microsoft Store.
    If reinstalling the DLC does not resolve the issue, try repairing the game files. To do this, open File Explorer and go to the Starfield installation folder on your PC. Next, right-click on the "Starfield.exe" file and select "Properties". On the "General" tab, click "Repair".
    If repairing the game files does not resolve the issue either, try uninstalling and reinstalling Starfield.
    Additional solutions

In addition to the steps above, you can also try the following solutions:

Verify that your PC meets the minimum requirements to play Starfield.

Update your graphics card drivers.

Try launching the game in Safe Mode.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  5. mike warner1 Win User

Starfield won't launch on xbox game pass for pc(premium upgrade purchased)

Delete the starfield .exe from the install folder then boot up Xbox app, do a verify and repair on the game files and it should work
  6. Ahmed Wael2 Win User

Starfield is not recognizing my special pre-order items on one of my PCs, but it is on the rest.

I found a fix on PC from a guy on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/166ugs5/this_save_relies_on_content_that_is_no_longer/

1. go to your xbox folder :)/xbox games)
    2. in the xbox folder you will find 3 folders\
      1. Constellation
      2. Old Mars
      3. Starfield
    3. go into the Constellation folder and copy all the files except the content folder into the Starfield folder (all the EACExxx files)
    4. go into the Constellation folder -> go into the Content folder -> go into the data folder and copy the 3 files, then go into the Starfield folder -> Content folder -> data folder and paste the 3 files there.
    5. Repeat step 3 and 4 but now for the Old Mars folder. (Copy again the EACE files into the starfield folder and again copy the 3 files from the Old Mars data folder into the data folder of Starfield
    6. launch the game and the error should be gone
Thema:

1. I'm trying to launch starfield. It needed to have the files verified and downloaded a 4KB... - Similar Threads - I'm trying launch

2. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  3. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  4. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  5. I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...: It's saying I need to have a subscription to broadcast I don't know what this means but I've looked at some other people and people are saying that it means they need to login with their Twitch...
  6. I'm trying to sign in to my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to sign in to my Xbox 360: Please help me sign in to my Xbox 360 bcd58999-7c99-4c4f-8285-ba6ca9696315
  7. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  8. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  9. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  10. I'm trying to launch Forza 5, but it keeps on closing on startup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to launch Forza 5, but it keeps on closing on startup.: I redownloaded Forza 5 on the XBOX application, but when I'm trying to launch the game, the Forza screen opens, then minimized, and then it closed. I asked people in the Forza 5 Discord, and they...