I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...

Discus and support I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I am having this problem too, I play on Xbox one s, i’ve restarted my Xbox, hard reset my xbox with and without saving my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by user474620, Dec 6, 2023.

1. user474620
    user474620 Guest

I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...

I am having this problem too, I play on Xbox one s, i’ve restarted my Xbox, hard reset my xbox with and without saving my games and apps, cleared my cache, hard powered my Xbox, and cleared my max address and still nothing. I got my Xbox in 2019 so I’ve been hard resetting a bunch since this year. Please help.

:)

user474620, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation stopped” notification

Hello Douglas,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you're having challenges in installing the Fortnite update. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Are you getting an error code?

2. What type of Xbox console are you using? Is it Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S?

3. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to help resolve the issue?

One possible solution is to try clearing the cache on your Xbox One console. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console.

3. Wait at least 10 seconds.

4. Plug the power cable back into the console.

5. Press the power button on the front of the console to turn it on.

Once your console has restarted, try installing the Fortnite update again. If the issue persists, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Please note that this will delete any saved game data, so be sure to back up any important data before proceeding.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Belen T.C. Win User

I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation stopped” notification

Hello user474620,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with installing the Fortnite update on your Xbox One S. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

One thing you can try is to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. To do this, go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox dashboard, find Fortnite, press the "Menu" button on your controller, and then select "Uninstall." Once the game is uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall it.

If this doesn't work, you can also try clearing your console's persistent storage. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Storage" > "Clear persistent storage."

You can also try downloading other games or apps to see if it works fine. If the issue persists, this means that the issue is with the Xbox Console itself however if the issue only happens to Fortnite, there is a possibility that the update is corrupted, and we highly suggest contacting Epic Support on this link: How to contact Epic Support - Technical Support (epicgames.com).

We hope this helps you resolve the issue with downloading Fortnite so you can get back to gaming. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. JessZN Win User

How do I fix installation stopped?

I’m not sure about the OP but since the latest update my Xbox is not installing games properly. I have XboxOne and am trying to install digital downloads and I keep getting “installation stopped.”

I have checked my network, rebooted, unplugged, etc. Nothing seems to be correcting the issue. Currently I am in the middle of a Power Cycle but honestly I’m not optimistic.
  5. DDMGalic Win User

Fortnite Update

I managed to install the System Software Update and it installed a 14GB update for Fortnite. But it seems like Fortnite has reinstalled from the very beginning. its Fortnite Battle Royale. Anyone got updates ? Much appreciated.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

trying to install fortnite

Fortnite on PC can only be downloaded via Epic using the Epic Store launcher. The PC version is not on the Windows store.

This why why you get the no devices error.
Thema:

1. I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation... - Similar Threads - I’m trying install

2. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  3. I’m trying to upload my captures to OneDrive but it isn’t working, any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to upload my captures to OneDrive but it isn’t working, any help?: I’m trying to upload all of my captures to OneDrive but only 2 out of over 400 have uploaded and it’s been over 3 hours since i started the backup. even when i try to upload one at a time it...
  4. I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?: I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it? ca277c9d-7302-4926-93bb-2c76fc97e229
  5. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  6. I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...: Please help me what’s the country region code for the United States? 89960a45-e084-4f25-b603-5ade3a7032f4
  7. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  8. Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...

in XBoX on Windows
    Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...: it gets up to 3% download and then it gives me the error message every single time, I tried turning the console on and off again, I know it’s not my internet, the internet works just fine for it....
  9. I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...: and I have no clue why I can’t install, I have followed all the steps in troubleshooting and yet it still won’t instal, help me please? 258f0322-578e-420b-ab3d-f560b9e98447
  10. i’m trying to install black ops 3 but it keeps dropping and when it does install i’m stuck...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i’m trying to install black ops 3 but it keeps dropping and when it does install i’m stuck...: ige tried everything but nothing seems to work 164a1589-9159-430f-b598-d634c97995ba