Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...

Discus and support Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After adding disk 2 and running the install I seem to get a freeze around 60-70% installation stops and keeps trying to restart however I get the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniel Mitchell1, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...

After adding disk 2 and running the install I seem to get a freeze around 60-70% installation stops and keeps trying to restart however I get the same stop message.

I’ve tried to uninstall local save file and it is still happening tried to run the install in offline mode and I’ve also tried to download the game file via the app then put the disk in but the app won’t connect to my series x (I’m sure it was in the past)

:)

Daniel Mitchell1, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t resume

Hello Daniel,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t resume

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with installing Red Dead Redemption 2 from a disk on your Xbox Series X. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.
    It seems that there is a problem with the disk or the console that prevents the installation from completing.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure the disk is clean and free of scratches or dust. You can use a soft cloth to gently wipe the disk surface.

2. Clear the cache on your Xbox Series X. To do this, press and hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in and turning on the console.

3. Try installing the game on a different Xbox Series X or Xbox One console to see if the issue persists.

4. Check for any available updates for the game and your console. To do this, go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox Series X, select "Updates" and check for any available updates.

5. Check if there is enough storage space on your console for the game. You can delete some unused games or apps to free up some space if needed.

6. Download the game offline. Set the console offline by disconnecting the console from Wifi. Insert the game disc and try again install the game.

7. If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting the game's developer, Rockstar Games, for further assistance.

I hope this helps you enjoy your game as soon as possible. Let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. t0kyoz Win User

Cant Install/Update Game

I am trying to install red dead redemption and the install keeps stopping even tho I have both discs
  5. LarryHorsley Win User

Error code 0x8b050066

trying to download RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2, won't install.
  6. YouTubeLikerin1 Win User

Xbox one kann CD nicht lesen [Translate] Xbox one can't read CD

I already tried a soft reset and it is now my third disk, that doesn't work and they are new. Red Dead Redemption 2 was easily installed.
Thema:

Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...

1. Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t... - Similar Threads - trying install red

2. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  3. Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X: I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  4. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  5. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  6. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  7. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  8. Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...

in XBoX on Windows
    Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...: it gets up to 3% download and then it gives me the error message every single time, I tried turning the console on and off again, I know it’s not my internet, the internet works just fine for it....
  9. I am trying to install add-ons to my Xbox 360 for red faction guerilla and status code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to install add-ons to my Xbox 360 for red faction guerilla and status code...: What do I do to get status code 80182300 gone 540c987c-9885-4153-aefb-8a9148fc1d42
  10. Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 but my installation keeps stopping and wont complete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 but my installation keeps stopping and wont complete: Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 but my installation keeps stopping and wont complete a616431f-d300-4453-adbc-3fb85b3b5485