Im trying to cast my xbox one to my lenovo laptop using hdmi but i cant find it where do i...

Discus and support Im trying to cast my xbox one to my lenovo laptop using hdmi but i cant find it where do i... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; where do I see my connections 0502cc4c-8bb9-483c-b9a2-dc6c8f16b785 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ASSASIN79646, Oct 27, 2019.

1. ASSASIN79646
    ASSASIN79646 Guest

Im trying to cast my xbox one to my lenovo laptop using hdmi but i cant find it where do i...

where do I see my connections

:)

ASSASIN79646, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Shaggy2000 Win User

Im trying to cast my xbox one to my lenovo laptop using hdmi but i cant find it where do i see my connections

I may be wrong, but I think HDMI ports on laptops are purely outputs, not inputs.
  3. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Im trying to cast my xbox one to my lenovo laptop using hdmi but i cant find it where do i see my connections

Hello Assassin the hdmi on your laptop is an output therefore you can't connect connect using hdmi.However you can connect wirelessly and stream your xbox one to your Lenovo laptop to do that follow these steps:

How to start game streaming from your Xbox One to your Windows 10 PC

Enable settings on your Xbox One

To use Xbox game streaming, you must first enable game streaming from your Xbox One. To do this, press the Xbox button to open the guide, select System > Settings > Preferences > Xbox app connectivity. Do these two things:

Under This Xbox, select Allow game streaming to other devices.

Under Other devices, select Allow connections from any device or Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox.

Connect your Windows 10 PC to your Xbox One

After ensuring that your console settings are correct, you need to establish a connection from your Windows 10 PC to your Xbox One console from within the Xbox Console Companion app on your PC:

On your PC, launch the Xbox Console Companion app.

Select Connection from the panel on the left side.

The Xbox Console Companion app will scan your home network for available Xbox One consoles. Select the name of the console you want to connect to.

The ‘Connect to Your Xbox One’ window is shown with the name of the console that’s connected.

Note All Xbox One consoles are pre-named "MyXboxOne." If you have multiple consoles, you should rename each one so that you can correctly identify the console you're trying to connect to. You can rename your console by pressing the Xbox button to open the
    guide, selecting System > Console info > Console info, and then selecting the name of your console in the Name box.

Once you have connected, you'll see the icons change to indicate you are connected, and you'll see new options for streaming, power, and media remotes. You'll also now have control of the console remotely.

The ‘Connect to Your Xbox One’ window is shown with the console’s current screen displayed.

How to launch game streaming from the Connection panel

To begin streaming, click Stream once the console is connected.

Hope it helps let us know
  4. RainTannedHI73 Win User

Playing Google Music through Xbox One

So I have my tv connected to the in HDMI on the Xbox one, Im using Fiber Optic for sound. I have no invested in the Chrome Cast doggle yet. I have a galaxy S4 and love it. I love Google Music and recently trying the Xbox Music and not finding it too easy
    to use and doesn't even have Metallica available. MY question is how do I get Google music to work on my Xbox ONe?
  5. Gimpy_P Win User

hooking up windows 10 laptop to xbox one x

Plug the HDMI cable into both your Xbox and your laptop. If your laptop doesn’t have an input port, you can buy a USB HDMI adapter. Then turn your Xbox on. Your laptop should automatically sense the new input.
    If it doesn’t, access your laptop’s graphics settings in order to switch the display to your Xbox. After that, check the Xbox display settings and configure the resolution for your laptop.
    I already plugged the hdmi cord into the laptop and xbox, I tried switching the display to ur xbox but I cant find it

So, your laptop has two hdmi ports, one for input, one for output? Most laptops only have an hdmi output.

As for the "to continue..." message, I've gotten that connecting to the xbox via the app and streaming to my PC, to correct it I had to sign out of the app and do a hard shutdown of the console and log my profile out and back in.
  6. Spazpol Win User

Using my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one

I am trying to play my xbox one on my laptop, as I have no TV, And I am trying to use an HDMI cable to be able to use my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one. I have searched everywhere on how to do it, but my xbox isnt connected to the internet
    to sue the xbox app for streaming, as I have no screen to use to connect it to the internet.
    Unless the HDMI is an input (usually it is output on a laptop) it will not work. You could use the xbox app if it is a WIndows 10 machine and stream to the console. It would help if both console and laptop have a hardwired Ethernet to prevent excessive
    lag.
Thema:

1. Im trying to cast my xbox one to my lenovo laptop using hdmi but i cant find it where do i... - Similar Threads - trying cast lenovo

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  5. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  6. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  7. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  8. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  9. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  10. How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...: I get signed in and it says press enable, what combination of xbox buttons will let me enable it without seeing the screen? Cheers to anyone who can help 884ce42f-72e0-4863-a726-8afbeab51ddd