I’m trying to buy a game but it keeps saying my postal code is formatted wrong

Discus and support I’m trying to buy a game but it keeps saying my postal code is formatted wrong in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Anybody know how to correctly format your postal code ‍ 6ad2a75a-d592-4ff4-902f-71c63bc71f4b Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gudalupe Garza, Dec 3, 2023.

1. I’m trying to buy a game but it keeps saying my postal code is formatted wrong

Anybody know how to correctly format your postal code ‍

:)

Gudalupe Garza, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Gudalupe,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Gudalup,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having issue in making purchase due to an error of your postal code format. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

The format of postal codes can vary depending on the country you are in. If you are in the United States, the postal code should be in the format of five digits. If you are in Canada, the postal code should be in the format of six characters, alternating letters and numbers. If you are in another country, the format may be different. Double-check that you have entered the correct postal code for your location and that it matches the format for your country. You may check your account information and make sure the billing address in your account matches with the billing address in your payment instrument. You may check also from your card provider for the accurate information. To check your billing information, you can sign in to Microsoft account | Address book

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Eugene7696 Win User

Xbox won’t accept my postal code I know it’s set to the right country and time zone so I don’t know what the problem is

Yes I tried that It wouldn’t take the

Postal code there I don’t know why because I know for a fact that it’s my postal code so I don’t know if There’s a specific way to put it in or what but When I put it in like normal it says postal code is wrongly formatted
  5. EyelessCoin371 Win User

The Billing information won't take my postal code.

everytime i enter a postal code it keeps saying I need a valid Postal code any help?
  6. BluSwirl Win User

Incorrectly formatted postal code

Well, it's obvious you *don't* have the right postcode, according to that pic. Perhaps I've missed something, but it just looks like a random string of numbers! The way the cursor is displayed kinda suggests that you need ANOTHER number... whenever I've
    done online banking through my Xbox One, this 'glitch' happens if I'm trying to input a passcode while using my controller. The problem gets sorted once I connect my keyboard and the cursor can move freely again. So weird.
Thema:

1. I’m trying to buy a game but it keeps saying my postal code is formatted wrong - Similar Threads - I’m trying buy

2. Hi! I’m try to cancel a fortnite subscription on my Xbox but when I go to unsubscribe to it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi! I’m try to cancel a fortnite subscription on my Xbox but when I go to unsubscribe to it...: When I go to unsubscribe to it on “account.Microsoft.com” I can’t do anything because it just keeps refreshing. Please help me! d3d57348-f67e-4fe5-bbde-ab9035f05660
  3. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  4. Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...

in XBoX on Windows
    Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...: it gets up to 3% download and then it gives me the error message every single time, I tried turning the console on and off again, I know it’s not my internet, the internet works just fine for it....
  5. I’m trying to unblock someone called L******** and it’s not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m trying to unblock someone called L******** and it’s not working: Please help fix this xbox EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post. We have deleted a part of your post as it contains inappropriate content that violates the forum’s...
  6. So I bought a fast card in game currency card from Walmart and I’m trying to figure out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I bought a fast card in game currency card from Walmart and I’m trying to figure out...: I purchased this from Walmart in ta not like the normal. 25 character gift card. I already had to go back to the store to get a reprint of my receipt which they instructed me would have the...
  7. i’m trying too into my xbox and it won’t let me because i can’t get a code that was sent to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i’m trying too into my xbox and it won’t let me because i can’t get a code that was sent to...: i’m trying too into my xbox and it won’t let me because i can’t get a code that was sent to my old phone number and it won’t let me change my phone number 6f25daaf-a6ea-41d3-bef5-88d9d29fa854
  8. I’m trying to download Jedi survivor on Xbox one but it’s saying not playable on this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to download Jedi survivor on Xbox one but it’s saying not playable on this...: Just want to know if I can get the game 2890f09d-6d6b-42de-9aaa-7fd6ab51abc0
  9. I’m trying to log into my old Xbox account, however when I log into it, it isn’t my account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m trying to log into my old Xbox account, however when I log into it, it isn’t my account...: Hello, I’ve been trying to log into my old Xbox account and when I do a different account comes up, however, I am logging in through what should be my account on another console that I have, when...
  10. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...: I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal hdmi1 0f0e687a-ffc0-46f9-9877-46c013bbac3a