I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings

Discus and support I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Tv says it allow 4k 60hz gaming, but Xbox won’t Allow me to turn on the 50hz tab in display settings submitted by /u/MrHerbaDerb [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MrHerbaDerb, Dec 10, 2023.

1. I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings

Tv says it allow 4k 60hz gaming, but Xbox won’t Allow me to turn on the 50hz tab in display settings

submitted by /u/MrHerbaDerb
    [link] [comments]

/u/MrHerbaDerb, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Always 60hz on 120HZ TV?

Hi ECW_guy
    My name is Rishabh, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

While your TV may support a 120Hz refresh rate, it's important to note that not all content will be displayed at 120Hz, especially on older devices like the Original Xbox One or certain streaming devices. Here's why you might be seeing a 60Hz refresh rate:

-Content Limitations:
    Many video game consoles, including the Original Xbox One, were designed to output video at 60Hz. This means that even if your TV is capable of 120Hz, the console might not support outputting video at that refresh rate. The same applies to certain streaming devices.

-Source Material:
    The content you're consuming might be recorded or streamed at 60Hz. Even if your TV supports a higher refresh rate, the source material determines the maximum refresh rate you can see.

-Settings and Compatibility:
    Some devices might not automatically detect and output at the TV's native refresh rate. You might need to manually set the output settings of your device to match your TV's capabilities. However, if the device does not support a higher refresh rate, adjusting the settings won't change the actual refresh rate of the content.

-HDMI Cable and Compatibility:
    To display content at higher refresh rates, your HDMI cable must support higher bandwidth, which is required for transmitting the higher frame rates. Make sure you're using a high-quality HDMI cable that supports 120Hz.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
  3. iTsFx Win User

My xbox one s doesn’t display the 120 fps even though it is enabled on the settings on the xbox as 1440p at 120hz and my monitor’s setting display is 120 (monitor AOC CQ27G2U)

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Expert, and I'll do my best to help you.

There are a few reasons why your Xbox One S might not be displaying the 120 fps even though it's enabled in the settings. Here are a few things you can try:

Check the HDMI cable: Make sure the HDMI cable you are using to connect your Xbox One S to the monitor is compatible with the 1440p resolution and supports a 120Hz refresh rate.

Update the firmware of your monitor: Check to see if there is a firmware update available for your monitor. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

Check the video output settings on your Xbox One S: Go to "Settings" > "Display and sound" > "Video output" and make sure the output resolution is set to 1440p and the refresh rate is set to 120Hz.

Make sure your monitor supports 120Hz refresh rate: Some monitors only support a maximum refresh rate of 60Hz, so check the specifications of your monitor to make sure it supports a refresh rate of 120Hz.

If none of these steps help, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your monitor for further assistance.
  4. iTsFx Win User

xbox series s isn’t displaying 120hz at 1440p or 1080p

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Expert, and I'll do my best to help you.

There are a few reasons why your Xbox Series S might not be displaying a 120Hz refresh rate, even though it's enabled in the settings. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

Check the HDMI cable: Make sure the HDMI cable you are using to connect your Xbox Series S to the monitor is compatible with the 1440p resolution and supports a 120Hz refresh rate.

Update the firmware of your monitor: Check to see if there is a firmware update available for your monitor. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

Check the video output settings on your Xbox Series S: Go to "Settings" > "Display and sound" > "Video output" and make sure the output resolution is set to 1440p and the refresh rate is set to 120Hz.

Make sure the game supports 120Hz: Some games may not support a refresh rate higher than 60Hz. Check the game's specifications to see if it supports a 120Hz refresh rate.

Restart your Xbox Series S: Sometimes simply restarting the console can resolve display issues.

If none of these steps help, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your monitor for further assistance.
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Xbox One X - Display Blinks to Total Black Every Few Seconds

Wonder if it's something in the refresh rates. Might go back into your settings and make sure they are high enough. A low refresh rate can cause screen flicker.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

How to enable variable refresh rate?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please go to Settings > General > TV & Display options. Make sure the refresh rate is set to 120 Hz under the display section. After that, go to the right part under "Advanced." Click video modes then check the box at the right of "Allow variable refresh rate."
Thema:

I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings

1. I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings - Similar Threads - I’m sure there’s

2. I got console banned and I’m not sure what to do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got console banned and I’m not sure what to do.: I know what got me banned since it was shortly after I started making a bunch of accounts. I don’t know what rule i violated because each and everyone one of the accounts was used to re roll...
  3. I’m sure of my password but still can’t sign into my Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m sure of my password but still can’t sign into my Xbox 360: Sure of password but unable to sign into my Xbox 360 5fde6972-ad50-4660-bcce-9671d7e0eead
  4. Red dead redemption (digital) is unlaunchable and I’m not sure why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead redemption (digital) is unlaunchable and I’m not sure why: The digital version of Read Dead Redemption 1 that I purchased years ago is now listed in the store only in Japanese and is also unavailable in the store. I know it’s the one I bought because I...
  5. My Xbox is not downloading games anymore and I’m not sure why.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is not downloading games anymore and I’m not sure why.: When I tried to download assassins creed Valhalla I accidentally pressed ok to an update to the game, I didn’t think anything of it at first but once it got to around 26.3% it stopped downloading...
  6. I’m not sure if this is the place to ask.. but I did a factory reset on my pc and I’m not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m not sure if this is the place to ask.. but I did a factory reset on my pc and I’m not...: Factory reset on PC don’t know how to get world back 10c14e71-ed86-4258-b766-06597956977c
  7. I was com banned I’m not sure why so I was asking to find out

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was com banned I’m not sure why so I was asking to find out: I’ve had my account for many 6 years now and was randomly com banned im not sure why or how I’m not aware of what I did and have no intent to call the staff team unless this isn’t responded to im...
  8. My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...: How do I go about fixing a double nat on a wireless system? My minecraft multiplayer is all out of wack and i don’t know why 9401cec4-84ba-416d-83b8-e8095ee99955
  9. Hey when I go on other games it says I’m on skate 3 and it’s stuck on that and I’m not sure...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I go on other games it says I’m on skate 3 and it’s stuck on that and I’m not sure...: Hey when I go on other games it says I’m on skate 3 and it’s stuck on that and I’m not sure what to do can someone please help me eed3b699-482f-459b-b108-d72cce96cf63
  10. I’m getting an error ⚠️ message: “Make sure the code you entered matches the code on your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m getting an error ⚠️ message: “Make sure the code you entered matches the code on your...: I’m getting an error ️ message: “Make sure the code you entered matches the code on your TV. Then try again.” I entered the code correctly and keep getting the same error message! Need help!...