I'm sure the recent system update is causing people to not be able to download things

Discus and support I'm sure the recent system update is causing people to not be able to download things in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, I'm positive the recent system update is whats causing people to not be able to download games through xbox live on the 360. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SectorStar, Apr 27, 2015.

1. SectorStar
    SectorStar Guest

I'm sure the recent system update is causing people to not be able to download things

As the title says, I'm positive the recent system update is whats causing people to not be able to download games through xbox live on the 360. I've found about 30+ topics with people all having the exact same problem. They could download things perfectly
    fine, and once the update hit all the sudden their downloads won't start and just says "can't download" or it'll stop after any given amount of time.

I have a 15mbs internet connection so I know it has nothing to do with my speeds, in facts I've downloaded probably about 50+ games easily between my 360 and my xbox one, and no I'm not talking arcade games, I've download tons of full length AAA title games
    easily. I have no problem on my Xbox One, even tested it today. Yes my region and everything matches, no I don't have things downloading in the background or off of something else in my house. And my lap top just being turned on and connecting to the internet
    is not gonna be enough to screw with me being able to download things. And before you ask, no my console is not connected to my router physically its not even physically possible to do with where it is and the placement of my tv and what not and would require
    several feet worth of different lengths of cables/cords. But that really shouldn't matter because realistically speaking thats not how a lot of households are when it comes to electronics connected considering we live in a digital age where very seldom we
    use things with cord/wires anymore.

Microsoft if you read this please do some research with the recent system update. I was considering purchasing some games on sale this week for my 360 but I'm not going too if I can't download them because of a mistake on your part.

:)

SectorStar, Apr 27, 2015
  2. Trippul G
    Trippul G Guest
    ...Can't be on XBL while playing.

Have you downloaded the recent system update? That's been causing people a lot of grief lately.

Trippul G, Apr 27, 2015
  3. Cannot Download Xbox live update

Greetings, Atto. I'm very glad to hear that you were able to successfully download the most recent update for your console. I'm not sure why you weren't able to install it initially, but what matters is that your console is up-to-date now. Please keep us
    posted and let us know if you encounter anything similar with future updates.

Mister Darcy-9112DFBA-C8F5-4A28-894C-8B6135A0967B, Apr 27, 2015
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

by any chance are you participating in the xbox 360 preview program? If so please post in the preview section here:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Also be aware that almost every time the can't download error is caused by a broken/incomplete download file being present in the storage section on the console. Deleting it and restarting the console will result in the game being downloaded without any
    issues.

5. I hear you SectorStar, I agree the problem started with the preview update. The one thing that has worked for me so far is leaving the 360 idle on the active downloads screen until your download finishes. If it still gives you the dreaded "Can't Download"
    make sure there isn't a "Unknown game" error in your games list. If there is delete that and retry your download while staying on that active downloads screen. hopefully that will work for you as well.

Lobstah-676D4B30-CA96-4967-990E-4CD4983C71F3, Apr 28, 2015
  6. I'm not part of the preview update program and I was getting "Can't Download" problem for when trying to download Gears of War: Judgment, only fix was to leave it on the active downloads screen till the whole download finished

C1 SithWarrior, Apr 28, 2015
  7. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    I'm not in preview program either and this has been happening for months. probably since the last officlal dashboard update.

Finally got Mafia II to download by leaving it on th active download screen as suggested.

I'm starting to think the background downloads feature if borked. Because I get this error whenever i'm downloading while playing a game, using an app or just browsing the dashboard. I also get it if I switch off the console while downloading. When I switch
    back on I get the error.

I leave it on active downloads and it downloads just fine or maybe it's just coincidence. I've got a terrabyte HDD to fill up so I will be doing a lot of downloading to test this.

Malacath, Nov 1, 2018
  8. C1 SithWarrior Win User

I'm not part of the preview update program and I was getting "Can't Download" problem for when trying to download Gears of War: Judgment, only fix was to leave it on the active downloads screen till the whole download finished
  9. Lobstah-676D4B30-CA9 Win User

I hear you SectorStar, I agree the problem started with the preview update. The one thing that has worked for me so far is leaving the 360 idle on the active downloads screen until your download finishes. If it still gives you the dreaded "Can't Download"
    make sure there isn't a "Unknown game" error in your games list. If there is delete that and retry your download while staying on that active downloads screen. hopefully that will work for you as well.
  10. Malacath Win User

I'm not in preview program either and this has been happening for months. probably since the last officlal dashboard update.

Finally got Mafia II to download by leaving it on th active download screen as suggested.

I'm starting to think the background downloads feature if borked. Because I get this error whenever i'm downloading while playing a game, using an app or just browsing the dashboard. I also get it if I switch off the console while downloading. When I switch
    back on I get the error.

I leave it on active downloads and it downloads just fine or maybe it's just coincidence. I've got a terrabyte HDD to fill up so I will be doing a lot of downloading to test this.
  11. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

by any chance are you participating in the xbox 360 preview program? If so please post in the preview section here:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Also be aware that almost every time the can't download error is caused by a broken/incomplete download file being present in the storage section on the console. Deleting it and restarting the console will result in the game being downloaded without any
    issues.
  12. Trippul G Win User

...Can't be on XBL while playing.

Have you downloaded the recent system update? That's been causing people a lot of grief lately.
Thema:

1. I'm sure the recent system update is causing people to not be able to download things - Similar Threads - I'm sure recent

2. Not sure if you guys know of a solution but, I'm locked out.

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure if you guys know of a solution but, I'm locked out.: I got locked out of my account due to suspicious activity! This first part is kind of confusing, I apologize in advance. It asked me to verify my account via an old phone number I no longer have....
  3. I'm not sure why I'm being charged four times in a month

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm not sure why I'm being charged four times in a month: I need to talk to someone about being charged seven times when I should only have one account 8a6ebdc0-98f6-4817-b906-3bfaa5b58c56
  4. I'm not sure what's causing my xbox PC app to be broken, could anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not sure what's causing my xbox PC app to be broken, could anyone help?: hello! I've been trying to use the Xbox PC app for a couple days now but it recently has had some major issues that i've never seen before. First, I was installing a game just recently added to...
  5. I'm not for sure, but I think I'm in the beginning stages of internal hard drive failure on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm not for sure, but I think I'm in the beginning stages of internal hard drive failure on...: The title says it all, really. Over the past few days on startup or restart it will appear that I have no games or apps installed or downloaded with the associated library pages appearing...
  6. I'm not sure how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm not sure how to fix this: Hello I have been having this problem since yesterday were all my online games have been saying how I can't play online because how my Microsoft account is set up but I checked and already allowed...
  7. My Xbox Series S says that it has a strict, double NAT type and I'm not sure what to do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S says that it has a strict, double NAT type and I'm not sure what to do.: I have had this issue before but it has resolved itself in the past just by clicking "test NAT type". I am using a mobile router through AT&T. Before yesterday I've always has an open NAT type....
  8. I want to change the primary alias of my microsoft account to a new email and I'm not sure...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change the primary alias of my microsoft account to a new email and I'm not sure...: So I have email A as my primary alias. I want to make email B my new primary alias and remove email A as an alias. For now, I have both emails as aliases and I can login to my microsoft minecraft...
  9. I got a 2 day suspension for my gamerpic and I'm pretty sure I'll no longer be an Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got a 2 day suspension for my gamerpic and I'm pretty sure I'll no longer be an Xbox...: I like to edit pictures of the games I play and I used a screenshot from Death Stranding of Sam Porter Bridges to make my profile picture, I knew one part of the picture would be an issue so I...
  10. I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working: Do I still have to go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup on my phone to get windows media to work on my xbox360 e7c53b0f-3b24-4359-b993-a0eb543ad471