im stuck on a child account

Discus and support im stuck on a child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to change my gamer picture on my Xbox account to a custom one it wont let me and says "for custom images, you need to be older" I've done some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ninja x Crysis, Jan 10, 2018.

1. im stuck on a child account

I want to change my gamer picture on my Xbox account to a custom one it wont let me and says "for custom images, you need to be older" I've done some research and found out that this is because I'm stuck on a child account that i cant change. I cant remember
    how long I've had this account for, but i can say I'm 18 not a child so is there anyway I can get this fixed and changed.

:)

Ninja x Crysis, Jan 10, 2018
  2. Stuck being a child account

Try following:

1.go to Xbox.com and sign in with your Windows Live ID and Windows Live Password.

2. Press on your Gamertag (yours iKing Rebellion)(right above of the site) and click on
    Privacy and Online Settings (below Edit my Avatar & and
    Edit my Profile).

3.Enter your password again and you're (I hope) able to change settings.

Let me know if it works.

Vision Verrify, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Stuck being a child account

As the title says, my account has remained a child account although I recently turned 19 years old.. Despite looking on forums the only solution to this problem is Dashboard -> settings -> Account (I cannot go to this part or past this because my mother
    will not simply hand me her password, as I'm off at college and she doesn't trust me with personal information)

Is there any way I could get my account forced into a "grown up" version? You can see from when I signed up my Birth Date is back in 1993.

iKing Rebellion, Jan 10, 2018
  4. im stuck on a child account

Heya!

Unfortunately, there is no way to force an account age change, but the account will graduate on its own once it reaches the proper age.

If you have not altered the age when checking your
    Personal info
    on your Microsoft account this should give you a base line to determine when that graduation will occur.

Keep in mind that changing the age in Personal info does not change the actual age of the Xbox Live account on the console.

Hope this helps clear up the concern.

Mister Getafix, Jan 10, 2018
  5. Mister Getafix Win User

Heya!

Unfortunately, there is no way to force an account age change, but the account will graduate on its own once it reaches the proper age.

If you have not altered the age when checking your
    Personal info
    on your Microsoft account this should give you a base line to determine when that graduation will occur.

Keep in mind that changing the age in Personal info does not change the actual age of the Xbox Live account on the console.

Hope this helps clear up the concern.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Im stuck as a child

Hi Spiderofthedead! Thank you for reaching us out in the community.

Please be informed that we cannot really manually change our account type from child to adult. Even if we change our date of birth or DOB from our account settings, the system will always recognize the DOB we first entered upon the creation of the account.

The system will automatically graduate your account to adult based on your account DOB and the legal age of your country.

If your account DOB was entered incorrectly before, you must still wait until the system graduates your account.
  7. Frankdehtank Win User

xbox One - Change your settings to allow purchases.

I love you guys...... I contacted support 4-5 times and they made me delete and redownlaod profiles ect... HOURS of time and then I see this. still doesn't fix my problem that im 21 and stuck with a childs account but in time :p
  8. Miss Kleo Win User

Stuck as Child account

Hey there gobbybobby! I'm sorry to hear you've had a bit of a run around. I'm afraid you won't be able to upgrade your account until you regain access to that parent account email to agree to the TOU. So let's see if we can work on that!

To start, have you attempted to reset the password for the email provided to you by the TOU prompt? If not, you can
    reset your password here.

If that is unsuccessful, you'll need to attempt to regain access through another means. Your best bet would be to fill out our
    Account Recovery form for that email address with as much information as you can possibly provide. Will you let us know when you've taken those steps? Thank you!
  9. ngocphi Win User

Stuck with child account

you just.remove.it but you would have to replace it with another until you turn 18

And no you can't change.thendate when that happens
Thema:

1. im stuck on a child account - Similar Threads - stuck child account

2. why is my XBOX account stuck on parental settings besides never being a child account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my XBOX account stuck on parental settings besides never being a child account...: i cant do anything online its just locked me to offline so i cant do certain races and play with my friends [img] 1f44dc33-ebc6-438b-887b-be8e7d137d0b
  3. Stuck on Child Account, can't play realms on Minecraft.

in XBoX on Windows
    Stuck on Child Account, can't play realms on Minecraft.: Hello, I'm unable to play realms on Minecraft Windows 10 edition as I can't change the privacy settings. I tried following this article:...
  4. My account is stuck on child default (it was set as adult when being created)

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is stuck on child default (it was set as adult when being created): So I play daily and recently I've had difficulty gaining access to certain parts of games and I realised my account is stuck as the child default setting to where I am limited to what I do. I...
  5. My Microsoft account is stuck on a child account with no parent

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account is stuck on a child account with no parent: I'm trying to de-restrict certain privacy settings on my Xbox account but am faced with a message saying that I need parental consent. However, when I check the 'Family' tab on my account, it...
  6. My Backup account is stuck as a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Backup account is stuck as a child account: I just recently made a backup account on my Xbox One, but the account is stuck as a child account even though the birthdate is over 18 years old. Please help 9f7e3995-4568-44ed-80cb-6142a5287450
  7. Stuck with child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck with child account: I am stuck with a child account. How do i remove the parent if the account doesnt exist anymore? a97f3cff-d326-409c-a4f1-6df10975ddc5
  8. Stuck in Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck in Child Account: Help, I recently purchased an Xbox one and have an account with Xbox live gold, I wanted to install the free game of the month. But it states that I must change downloading permission, and that I...
  9. Child account stuck in annoying parents Microsoft account invalid loop.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account stuck in annoying parents Microsoft account invalid loop.: My child's account was under a broken parent email account so I was going to switch It to mine. All was going fine until In the middle of the process it said it failed. I though, "aw crap" and...
  10. Child account approval stuck in loop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account approval stuck in loop: Right for the last month now i have tried to get my kids account approved for online play , i log in with her account , it comes back with an adult needs to approve the account, i log in with my...