I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?

Discus and support I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'll give a story. Took my xbox to a friends house to download something because it was much faster. I bring my xbox back and every now and then it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DuBChiri2, Dec 29, 2023.

1. DuBChiri2
    DuBChiri2 Guest

I'll give a story.

Took my xbox to a friends house to download something because it was much faster. I bring my xbox back and every now and then it starts to just drain my internet for no reason. Nothing downloading, not doing anything, it just does it for 30-40 mins at a time a couple times a day.

I KNOW it's not my provider, because my internet goes back to normal as soon as I disconnect my ethernet cable from my xbox. "Bandwidth Usage" in network settings also shows it going up and down dramatically. Within a second it will drop to like...20kb/s then go all the way up to 2.4 mb/s and then go between that. My xbox also says it's having minimal packet loss with super high latency (700+).

I tried clearing the cache, hard resetting my xbox and am not sure what to do other than having to deal with unplugging my xbox every time this happens. Speed tests show my service dropping to 0.10 up and down when it does this.

:)

DuBChiri2, Dec 29, 2023
  2. DuBChiri2 Win User

It didn't appear to have any effect on my xbox. As soon as it reconnected it started draining my service to the point it barely works.

I'm not really sure what's causing this, but do you think it's possible some hardware is damaged inside?

My screen DOES show that I have a UPnP error which I read can cause connectivity issues, could that be my problem?

Clearing my alternate MAC address appears to have changed my NAT type to open and removed that error. I'll get back to you to see if that changed anything on my end in the next couple days.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hello DuBChiri2, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal data.

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing with the network connection, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on Xbox support and they suggested the following steps to resolve connection losses and I thought it was good information that you should take into account. account:

To perform a power off/on reset, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cord from both devices.

2. Restart the console. Press and hold the Xbox  button on your controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console and then Restart. (If your console appears to be locked, press and hold the Xbox Button  on your console for 10 seconds until your console turns off. Once your console is off, tap the Xbox Button  on your console again to restart your console.)

3. After 5 minutes, first plug in the modem or gateway and wait for all the lights to return to normal.

4. If you are using a router, plug it in and wait for all the lights to return to normal.

5. Check the connection again (Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings > Test network speed and statistics). If this does not resolve the connection problem, let me know and I will advise you on another method.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-connection-speed

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  4. DuBChiri2 Win User

Ok so clearing the alternate MAC address DOES get rid of the issue, but it comes back after a certain amount of time. Is it maybe an issue with my router?
  5. UncleFNJoe Win User

Will not join matches in Black Ops 2.. keeps searching

I'm having the same problem with my CoD black ops 2 game. Every other game connects without a snag. i'm having problems with jut this particular game.Any advice as to what I can do to fix my issue? Any advice will be greatly appeciated.! :)
  6. Dr PhyzZz Win User

Xbox Live disconnecting every time I try and load a game

I'm having the same issues and when I try to redownload my profile it says it's failing to connect to the network so any advice here other than new hard drive?
Thema:

1. I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice? - Similar Threads - I'm recently having

2. I'm trying to get a refund on a game that doesn't work or load it was recent but it still...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to get a refund on a game that doesn't work or load it was recent but it still...: I'm trying to get a refund on a game that doesn't work or load it was recent but it still won't let me refund this sucks. Please help, xbox name is ask for cashapp...
  3. I'm trying to find the notes about the recent update for the Xbox wireless headset but...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to find the notes about the recent update for the Xbox wireless headset but...: Could someone help me out and point me to what has been changed? Thank you :) submitted by /u/gimel182 [link] [comments]
  4. I'm almost certain that some of this recent update tomfoolery has completely destroyed my...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm almost certain that some of this recent update tomfoolery has completely destroyed my...: I've been in the insider program for years now, never had a single major issue, sure some annoyances but NOTHING like this out-of-the-blue bullshit. While playing Doom around 3 am, which is...
  5. My store won't install and keeps failing only happens since the most recent update I'm in...

in XboX Insiders
    My store won't install and keeps failing only happens since the most recent update I'm in...: [IMG] submitted by /u/allanvrs1980 [link] [comments]
  6. I'm trying to get the most recent update and it won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get the most recent update and it won't work: so I'm trying to update my Xbox and it keeps on giving me this error... at first I thought that this was my internet but it's not. I've connected to the internet dosens of times but it still won't...
  7. I'm sure the recent system update is causing people to not be able to download things

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm sure the recent system update is causing people to not be able to download things: As the title says, I'm positive the recent system update is whats causing people to not be able to download games through xbox live on the 360. I've found about 30+ topics with people all having...
  8. I'm unable to share recent captures with my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to share recent captures with my friends: Hi Microsoft I had a problem with my Xbox so I did a hard reset and I cleared the persistent storage I went back on and now I'm unable to share any recent captures that have been made in the past...
  9. Hello! I'm some guy who streams over at Beam; Microsoft's recent acquisition.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! I'm some guy who streams over at Beam; Microsoft's recent acquisition.: [Beam, from a streamer's perspective] So many of you have probably heard about Microsoft's acquisition of Beam; the interactive streaming service, and are wondering what the big deal is. I just...
  10. Recent problems I'm experiencing with my Xbox One. Messaging and finding Titanfall games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recent problems I'm experiencing with my Xbox One. Messaging and finding Titanfall games: The most annoying is trying to type a message to a friend using the Xbox one messaging system, When I type a message it's very slow and if I do it at my normal speed when I look up it's all over...