I'm playing Halo 3 on PC and my hornet won't climb. the left mouse pad shoots missiles.

Discus and support I'm playing Halo 3 on PC and my hornet won't climb. the left mouse pad shoots missiles. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I found the actual control scheme online but my hornet shoots missiles instead of climbing f16f2666-4588-496e-9fbf-875777c8c058 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Animay Gamma, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Animay Gamma
    Animay Gamma Guest

I'm playing Halo 3 on PC and my hornet won't climb. the left mouse pad shoots missiles.

I found the actual control scheme online but my hornet shoots missiles instead of climbing

:)

Animay Gamma, Sep 13, 2023
  2. Jerome Wenzel Win User

Hi Animay G! I’m more than happy to help you!

Here are some steps you can follow to fix the controls issue:

Go to the game settings menu and make sure the controls are mapped correctly. Look for the option that allows you to change the function of the left mouse click so that it is used for climbing instead of firing missiles.

If you're using an Xbox controller to play on PC, check the control settings on the controller itself. You can access controller settings in the Xbox Accessories app, which you can download from the Microsoft Store. Make sure the buttons are mapped correctly and reassign the left mouse click to be used for uploading.

Best Regards, Jerome
  3. Dennis Eldrup Dahl Win User

How do I remove mouse acceleration on Xbox?

That doesn't work. An easy way to test if you have mouse acceleration:

Place your mouse all the way on the right side of your mouse pad, and the cursor on the right side of your screen. Move the mouse very slowly to the left, and when your cursor hits the left side of the screen, put your left index finger on the mouse pad. Now do the same movement fast, and see where your mouse is, when the cursor makes it to the left side of your screen.
  4. That Darn Cat 2 Win User

Xbox Controls of Wolf3D and DooM 1-2 ???

I personally think they nicely streamlined the DOOM & Wolf 3-D controls. Of course, it being a controller & not a mouse, you cannot turn as fast as you can with a mouse, & seemingly have less control without a mouse, but it's really not that bad & I find
    it a breeze to get around.

Here's the game controller set-up:

Right Trigger = Shoot

Left Trigger = Sprint (Hold button)

Left Stick = Move

Right Stick = Look

Y = cycle weapons one way

B = cycle weapons the other way

A = open door/press switch/perform action

X = Map (only in DOOM 2; press on D-pad for map in DOOM)

D-Pad = cycles certain weapons (only in DOOM 2)

The Wolf 3-D controls are not much different.
  5. Dave Eckert Win User

More Xbox one news for 2014.

Dude, I don't even care about the whole keyboard and mouse vs game pads thing, I completely agree with you on it because either 1 can be adjusted, anyway. All I'm saying is based on the rumor that's suddenly going around Halo
    2 Anivery just sounds so very unlikelygiven E3 and all. But yeah a a server for game pads would be great, though then again probably wouldn't look very profitable to many PC gamers with their supremacist keyboard and mouse mindsets.
  6. ShellMold6684 Win User

Will Microsoft ever release drivers for Xbone controller on PC?

[quote user="voteDC"]

To say one is 'better' than the other is simple idiocy and somehow I don't think that describes you.

[/quote]And that's where you're wrong. Who said this? Don't make unrelated across the board statements because I never said the keyboard and mouse is the best for everything. The keyboard and mouse is insufficient in other genres like racing and fighting
    sims. I'm talking about the best tool for the job and you're talking about personal preference. I don't care what your preference is; you can go ahead and use a game-pad in a FPS if that's what you prefer but you're wrong and awfully silly if
    you think the game-pad is better and more effective in a FPS than a keyboard + mouse. You can use a game-pad in Starcraft 2 because that's your choice to make but you're wrong if you think a game-pad would be better than a no-nonsense
    mechanical keyboard and mouse. Keyboard and mouse is better by such a HUGE margin it's hardly comparable.

Can you imagine an idiot trying to play QuakeLIVE with a controller?
    I had the great pleasure of taking up arms on my PC when Unreal Tournament 3 and Quake 3 allowed console gamers on the DreamCast to play with PC gamers. It didn't work out as well as they liked. They got smoked relentlessly, so bad infact that the feature
    was removed. Because they had the movement and aiming of clumsy droid when using a game pad. What about Red Orchestra? Forget about recoil control, buddy. Microsoft made professional Halo 2 players play against casual
    players with a KB+M. The professions got destroyed. It was like guys with no arms trying to wrestle other guys who had arms.

Call me when a controller can properly play a game like Tribes, UT2k, Quake 3, CounterStrike or Red Orchestra 2 and others without aim assist and gimping the game mechanics.
Thema:

1. I'm playing Halo 3 on PC and my hornet won't climb. the left mouse pad shoots missiles. - Similar Threads - I'm playing Halo

2. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  3. I'm from India and I have been playing Minecraft since 2016. In india Tiktok is banned. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm from India and I have been playing Minecraft since 2016. In india Tiktok is banned. I...: I live in India and I love Minecraft. I want the tiktok cape but tiktok is banned in India please help me Mojang, Microsoft. Please a6727a54-f4c1-4105-ab88-a4bdbd6c89f1
  4. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  5. I'm playing Halo 3 on PC and my hornet won't climb. the left mouse pad shoots missiles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm playing Halo 3 on PC and my hornet won't climb. the left mouse pad shoots missiles.: The results for the control scheme said that left mouse click was to climb but it shoots missiles instead. 23490185-2f8e-4c4a-8470-64c817e7d4c4
  6. Dearest Microsoft, I'm unable to play Elite Dangerous, any of my Halo games, and most other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dearest Microsoft, I'm unable to play Elite Dangerous, any of my Halo games, and most other...: Hi, I'm unable to play most of the Xbox games I've uploaded on my Xbox One S. This problem's been pending for a week, or two now. My connection is fine. I've tried trouble shooting on my own, but...
  7. Hello, I'm trying to play Halo Master Chief Collection digital version which I have owned...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I'm trying to play Halo Master Chief Collection digital version which I have owned...: Hello, I'm trying to play Halo Master Chief Collection digital version which I have owned since the day it came out on xbox in November 2014. I am trying to play it on my PC and it won't start but...
  8. I'm in my 30's but XBOX seems to think I'm a kid. Trying to Play HALO. HELP!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm in my 30's but XBOX seems to think I'm a kid. Trying to Play HALO. HELP!!!: I'm in my 30s and I'm trying to get back into gaming. I signed up for my first month of GamePass and made an account. The Halo Master chief collection says its included with game pass, but when...
  9. I'm opted in for the Halo Infinite Flight Test on Xbox while I play on PC!

in XboX Insiders
    I'm opted in for the Halo Infinite Flight Test on Xbox while I play on PC!: As the tittle say, I need help because I'm opted in for the Halo Infinite Flight test on xbox but I play on PC. I received a message on halo waypoint but there's no key code to download the game....
  10. I'm from brazil and it's almost impossible play Halo 5 Online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm from brazil and it's almost impossible play Halo 5 Online: Hello I don't know if here is the right place to ask this question, but I can't play Halo 5 online, because when I try to play it's very difficult to find a match, or to find players to play. I...