I'm on my second Xbox one repair after only eight months

Discus and support I'm on my second Xbox one repair after only eight months in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ^^^ On the contrary, I found the Xbox 360 to be the best DVD player I ever had. It's the only device we have that can play a certain selection of our... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IceStorm III, Sep 28, 2014.

1. I'm on my second Xbox one repair after only eight months

^^^ On the contrary, I found the Xbox 360 to be the best DVD player I ever had. It's the only device we have that can play a certain selection of our older DVDs, scratched to hell. We've yet to find something non region locked that the old girl can't play.

Fatalshock8912, Oct 1, 2014
  2. Hello "Fatalshock8912" I'm on my second Xbox one repair after only eight months :)

I only used my Original Xbox and Xbox 360 only for gaming because I wanted to extend the life of my console.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night I'm on my second Xbox one repair after only eight months :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    that's why I like my home country of England, I can take my faulty goods back to the shop I bought it from upto a year from purchase and have it exchanged or repaired by them, the 1 year warranty and in mainland Europe that goes to 2 years in most places.

Farscape247, Oct 1, 2014
  4. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest

@Wild Chameleon, Which bit of "back in the day" was difficult for you? I have no interest in making my console look good, it kinda does that itself as it hasnt given me any issues since day one. Nor did any of my 360's apart from the launch one.

John Dowding, Oct 1, 2014
  5. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    @wild Chameleon, Philips are not a bad company, they were and still are quite large, but yes there days of being massive are over, same goes for Sony also, the drives in the 360 and the one are fine, never had any problems with any of the drives in any of
    the three different types of xbox.

Farscape247, Oct 1, 2014
  6. WildChameleon.

You get what you pay for. For example, when a console manufacturor wants suppliers of optical drives to build for their systems cheap drives. Then thats exactely what they will get.

Its not Phillips fault. Fact is I know of and own 4 varients of the xbox drives. Thompson, Samsung, Hitachi, and Phillips. All 4, in one respect or the other, were failures. Some had laser assemblies which failed within months. while others had stuck trays
    that were hard to open, even when sticking a paper clip into the release hole without a game or cd already laying on the tray.

Point is, when you want to design a winning combination of suppliers for an upcoming console release. You dont tell your suppliers. This is the budget, this is number of units we demand. STAY UNDER BUDGET. When that happens no supplier can deliver quality!

ElectroFlying, Oct 1, 2014
  7. AndreGouvea
    AndreGouvea Guest
    I still have my Xbox One since day one and have no problems or that major! Some minor here there but was fixed on that day! So they basically charged you for the second Xbox One?

AndreGouvea, Oct 2, 2014
  8. I'm on my second Xbox one repair after only eight months

Well i have got off lucky to some 360 owners, my console broke down once with the dreaded with RROD and another time was having problems with the DVD Rom player.

Leave a disk in switch on and a disk is unreadable eject a few times and eventually the game will spin up and i have access. But it's far from perfect and at times can be annoying.

@ Farscape i would hardly put Sony in the same mould as Phillips Sony have been at the forefront of Electronics for sometime. Pioneers of Betamax in the day, the inventers of the Walkman, not to forget Mini Disk. I could go on for ages what they done for
    Electronics entertainment etc.

To compare them to Phillips is a insult people on here should have more respect for them on here and what they contributed throughout the decades.

Sony does not deserve slagging off or insults just because they are active in the console market, not to mention at the moment that the PS4 is the gamers choice in the world and the markets reflect that.

WildChameleon, Oct 2, 2014
  9. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    Sony were top for electronics but they aren't anymore, the quality of there products has slipped over the last decade or so. Other companies have overtook with better quality and better priced product's. There was a time when I had nearly every electronics
    item in the house with a Sony badge on it..... Now I only have a Sony mobile phone and a pair of wireless headphones.

Goatsnatcher, Oct 2, 2014
  10. jaihawk
    jaihawk Guest
    The quality of all products has slipped and is slipping, but that isn't Sony's problem. The most popular brand doesn't = the best quality. I still trust Sony hardware long before I do MS.

jaihawk, Oct 3, 2014
  11. Truth, I agree with your 1st 2 sentences, but definitely not your 3rd. I'm on my second Xbox one repair after only eight months ;)

Also, you do realize that Sony is the more popular brand right now, right? I'm on my second Xbox one repair after only eight months :p

Galactic Geek, Oct 3, 2014
  12. jaihawk
    jaihawk Guest
    @Galactic

Hardware is not MSs calling. Saying I trust Sony over MS isn't saying much.

jaihawk, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: