I'm missing the default game download location button.

Discus and support I'm missing the default game download location button. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm missing the folder select button, I've been trying to get Minecraft on my potato of a pc. I've been trying to get it from the Microsoft store but... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aromatic_Cut5087, Dec 4, 2023.

1. I'm missing the default game download location button.

I'm missing the folder select button, I've been trying to get Minecraft on my potato of a pc. I've been trying to get it from the Microsoft store but have been having problems from there, so I'm trying to get it from the Xbox shop but the only thing stopping me is that I cant install it into anywhere because I cant select any folder to put it in.

I'm using a single drive, its has that NSFT thing, all I want is to play Minecraft.

here's a screenshot

Did Microsoft intentionally do this?

submitted by /u/Aromatic_Cut5087
    [link] [comments]

/u/Aromatic_Cut5087, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Senryu BR Win User

Default Download Location

You can do that but you will have a little problem...

External dispositive have only the format 32 GB (if you have a external hard drive whif 500 GB of space the xbox format and uses only 32GB!!!

If you still want to do that go to settings memory in the beginshows the space of dispositives if i reember right you have a option (i can´t remember in that screen or inside of memory you want make "principal")to config a dispositive to be the main memory.

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english it´s self learnerd.
  3. LeonFletcher Win User

I don't see any option for that I'm afraid :(
  4. Senryu BR Win User

Question?

When you download anything that show the dispositives atached in your 360?(don´t spam A, when confirm your download or you can´t see that screen).

if you don´t have you can "force" that same way go to settings option go to memory in memory transfer manualy (game by game) the saves and contents from one dispositive to another you want!!!

I strong recomend to end your problems buy the MS hard drive 320 GB you will have a lots of space(some markets ofer a game inside the hd)and have over that problem.

You in this moments quests...why i am not use my external hd, because MS only disponibilize in external dispositives (all of them!!!)a space of 32GB (if you maintain the external that will be "particionate" in lots of number of "memorys" and you still have
    the same problem!!!

Buy a MS hard drive and be happy(costs a little more than a "normal" PC dispositive of that category but saves you a lots of problems of space and compability!!!).
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Updates download location

Updates can only be downloaded to the drive where the game is located.

So, even if you have the external set as the default download location, if your game is located internally that is where the update will go. You can't have a games and updates on different drives.
  6. Irishjob Win User

XB1 X sees external drive but can't play any game installed to it.

Strange issue

It sounds like it's only allowing the drive for media access, rather than games and apps.

Did you try (a) a different usb port (b) a different usb cable (c) formatting the drive whilst connected to the xbox, setting the drive as the default install location and then downloading the smallest game you own and see if that installs to the drive ?

I have 2 external drives, with my WD drive being set as default install location and games always download and install there by default. I'm also using an xbox one x, running on the "delta" insider preview dashboard.
Thema:

I'm missing the default game download location button.

1. I'm missing the default game download location button. - Similar Threads - I'm missing default

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  4. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  5. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  6. I'm confused a bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm confused a bit: I have just purchased the GTA 5 Xbox series I don't get story mode with it?? [img] bf066514-95b9-42a7-a3af-b1b32ecd6773
  7. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  8. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  9. I'm missing 300GB of storage, why

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm missing 300GB of storage, why: I have a Xbox series S and I'm missing roughly 300GB of storage I know at most 100 is going to not be used because of various things, but that's still 200 that I can't use, all I have is brotato,...
  10. I'm can't sign in to windows pc gamepass and am missing services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm can't sign in to windows pc gamepass and am missing services: Whenever I try to click on sign in on the gamepass app. It loads a blank screen then closes. I've tried loads of fixes I could find, uninstall and reinstall, repair and reset of gaming services,...