I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat

Discus and support I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have had this problem for a year now and would like to know how to fix it I don't want to hear in game chat i just want to hear my friends and my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Rick sanchez_454, Jul 10, 2023.

1. I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat

I have had this problem for a year now and would like to know how to fix it I don't want to hear in game chat i just want to hear my friends and my game at the same time whilst being in a Xbox "party"

:)

Rick sanchez_454, Jul 10, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Great! Glad we got that sorted out. Enjoy your game!
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your audio problem.

If I may ask, is this happening to all the games? Have you also tested other headsets?

You can also check your privacy settings and set it up here:
    https://account.xbox.com/settings

You may also try resetting your console.

Let's refresh the console's system cache.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Console info
    5. Select Reset console.
    6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.
  4. Rick sanchez_454 Win User

Thank you so much my problem is fixed now
  5. Ronnieee Win User

You will not lose your account or progress during the reset and all your data is also saved to your cloud so no worries about that.
  6. Rick sanchez_454 Win User

No, I do not have a headset but this still ocurrs but i have spent thousands of dollars on this acc and dont want to lose it it is also happening to all games
Thema:

1. I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat - Similar Threads - I'm party can't

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  4. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  5. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  6. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...
  7. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  8. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  9. My pc shows my audio as working but when I enter a Xbox party, it doesn't show that I'm...

in XBoX on Windows
    My pc shows my audio as working but when I enter a Xbox party, it doesn't show that I'm...: When I got my pc, the first time I used xbox party it worked completely fine. But the next day, I hopped in an xbox party with friends and they said they couldn't hear me but they heard puffs of...
  10. How do I get another suspension when I'm on one how when I can't send text or join party...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get another suspension when I'm on one how when I can't send text or join party...: How do I get another suspension when I am currently on one f0534b9c-524f-46eb-8d2d-0c01375ec4fe