Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

Discus and support Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Raivis Krumins, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

:)

Raivis Krumins, Mar 17, 2024
  2. CamicaziBoss Win User

Cannot run when using a elite controller

I mapped one of the paddles to the left stick for sprinting in games on my Elite. Both the paddle and left stick click have been working fine.

Make sure your button is functioning properly in other games--it could be jammed. Also, double-check your button mapping (Xbox Accessories App) and controller settings (in the game).
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i tested it without the paddle registers as an input but when i use the paddle it wont register. Please help

Hi Raivis, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to check the controller test on the Xbox Accessories App?

Press the Xbox Guide Button > Settings > Devices & Connections > Controllers & Headsets > Enter Test Mode (Click on the Conical/Lab Flask Icon beside the three dots ...).

Test the paddle there.

If it still doesn't work, please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.
  4. lackoftraction Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller NOT working with new firmware update

To be very, very clear, the problem is that the newest firmware updates to Xbox elite 2 controller has broken the functionality of the paddles. As of the latest firmware, the paddles are completely disabled when in default profile. The paddles used to work in default mode, and now they don't. Steam can corroborate this: last year Steam added functionality to customize the outputs of the elite controllers paddles, which means that the paddles used to output a unique signal instead on only emulating other controller buttons.

A quick internet search reveals numerous accounts from users who had used steam to customize the paddle outputs, proving that the paddles used to work. You can also see a growing number of recent complaints from Elite controller users who are realizing that their paddle inputs are now broken. This is not an isolated occurrence, the elite controller was broken by the latest firmware updates, and people are realizing it.

The changes made to the Xbox elite 2 Controller paddles in the latest firmware updates NEED TO BE REVERTED.
  5. lackoftraction Win User

Elite Controller 2 paddles not registering in app

I think I'm having the same issue, but since I just got my Elite 2 controller today I can't be sure. Could you check something for me?

Go into Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, then find your elite controller (listed as "Xbox Wireless Controller" I think) right click and select "Game Controller Settings". From there you should see a readout of all of your controller inputs. Mine lists 16 total buttons, but the paddle buttons will not activate. If I remap the paddles to other buttons within the XBox Accessories app then I can emulate a different button with the paddles, for instance X lights up the "3" button, and so does the paddle... but the paddle button never illuminates.

The paddles seem to produce NO UNIQUE INPUT OF THEIR OWN, they can only emulate other buttons, even though the computer knows the paddle buttons exist.

From all the searching I've done, what I've gathered is that the "Default" profile (which you can activate by holding the profile selector for a few seconds) used to allow the paddles to work independently, but something within the last few months broke that. For instance Steam's Big Picture controller configuration options used to allow for remapping the paddles, but now they do not.

TLDR: Microsoft seems to have recently broke something in and update to the Xbox Elite controller, which is now preventing the paddle buttons from sending their unique button input while using the default profile. They can now only emulate another controller button, or send no input at all.
  6. RomanHermanski Win User

Xbox Controllers

hi my elite 2 controller don't respond anymore.

not one button, stick or paddles work but the controller is "on"= "home button" has light on...

i can't turn the controller off

when i open the accessories app there is only my standard controller displayed.

connecting to xbox with usb cable doing nothing

when i put them in the case: no "vibration"

on the elite 1 you can simply remove the battery but on elite 2 it's impossible.

is there a trick to turn the controller off and on?

thx
Thema:

Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

1. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i... - Similar Threads - having problems elite

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar: When someone invites me to a voice chat I would join the voice chat but it keeps saying connecting forever without doing anything but if I host a voice chat it would connect just fine I have even...
  4. I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...: I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 72ed5c02-8478-488b-b57c-f7648f660063
  5. Guys i need help, im having xbox problems

in XboX Insiders
    Guys i need help, im having xbox problems: I know this is unrelated but im at a loss end here, i recently put in a new hdmi port and put it back together, its been sitting for a few months before i fixed it and i go to turn it on, it...
  6. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  7. Hey my elite controller 2 is having problems where the controller is on. But the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey my elite controller 2 is having problems where the controller is on. But the controller...: It's been happening for the past week or 2 f84f0881-0c1b-4606-b2db-c2b23dabeda7
  8. Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz...: Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz dont work Could the support contact me to fix it in any way? 3fa7956c-a1e4-4db7-99c9-c1aef0b6fcea
  9. I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers: I have a problem with 2 elite series 2 black controllers they both still have the 1 year warranty however on 1 the grip is falling off and the other the left stick keeps getting stuck I asked the...
  10. Does anyone have the problem with the elite series 2 controller. The A button is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone have the problem with the elite series 2 controller. The A button is...: the A button if you press it fast it stop working for a second. 5d87eed7-4916-4a67-b983-7f265070a34c