I'm having issues in redeeming codes for Gears of War and Gears of War 3 when I bought GOW ...

Discus and support I'm having issues in redeeming codes for Gears of War and Gears of War 3 when I bought GOW ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I pre ordered Gears of war 4 and on the 4th of Oct, I got message from XBOX Live with 4 redeemed codes to have all XBOX 360 Gears games as it come... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fungkatsuki, Oct 7, 2016.

1. fungkatsuki
    fungkatsuki Guest

I'm having issues in redeeming codes for Gears of War and Gears of War 3 when I bought GOW ...

I pre ordered Gears of war 4 and on the 4th of Oct, I got message from XBOX Live with 4 redeemed codes to have all XBOX 360 Gears games as it come with the Deal for buying Gears of war 4 UE. Gears of war and Gears of War 3 cannot be redeemed as the message
    keeps saying "Sorry, but an unexpected error as occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later", I've tried this for 4 days and nothing has changed. I have spoken to XBOX live support in
    regard of this matter and was told to create a post to fix this issue.

I would like to be clear that Gears of War 2 and Gears of War judgement
    can
    be redeemed and downloaded fine but
    Gears of War and Gears of War 3
    cannot.

Please, I need your help to get my last 2 games for my collection as I have paid for them.

:)

fungkatsuki, Oct 7, 2016
  2. JonBurke
    JonBurke Guest
    Gears of war 4

Hello, I bought the gears of war 4 ultimate edition and haven't received any codes including the first 4 games or codes for dlc characters for gow ultimate edition or gow 4.

thanks for checking for me.

bzurke

JonBurke, Oct 7, 2016
  3. glester
    glester Guest
    Gears of War 4 Ultimate: Ultimate Edition

Hi guys, I just got GoW 4 Ultimate Edition and it seems it comes with 4 additional games.

I'm wondering if the Gear of War game code is for the new Gear of War Ultimate Edition for XBOX ONE? From a promotional picture I saw it was the 360 version, why would they do that?

glester, Oct 7, 2016
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Ok does your account region reflect your actual region if not that would be why

You must change it on your console.and this website

Under my account and change my region and keep inind you need to live in an xbox live region to redeem them

ngocphi, Oct 7, 2016
  5. fungkatsuki
    fungkatsuki Guest
    My account is UK but I live in Japan. I dont have this issue with any other games I have redeem codes for. Also I did redeem GoW 2 and Judgement. So I should change my console region to *** and try again?

fungkatsuki, Oct 7, 2016
  6. fungkatsuki
    fungkatsuki Guest
    Hi ngocphi,

I changed region on my console to the region I live in and tried to redeem the codes for the two Gears of War and Gear of War 3 and I cant even select the redeem button icon when it gives me to choice to redeem the code. Also the error message is instantly
    appears now.

Now im confussed in whats going on.

Please note that the region I live in has XBOX Live.

Is there any other way to get my last 2 games? I serious never had any issues before just this.

fungkatsuki, Oct 7, 2016
  7. fungkatsuki
    fungkatsuki Guest
    Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that the problem has been resolved! instead of going to your account and then redeem code or redeem your code in xbox live console, you have to go to xbox.com then sign in, go to the game section then in the game section tab,
    there will be a drop list, select redeem code and put it in then it worked. Because going through different sections to redeem a code caused the issue. I didnt needed to change region to make it work. please note by changing region, you will lose your gold
    membership but it will be transferred but could lose gold opportunity.

fungkatsuki, Oct 7, 2016
  8. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Nope not because you don't qualify

The codes can't be used in japan

ngocphi, Oct 8, 2016
  9. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    As per the terms and conditions of the promotions you account region must reflect your actual region and China and Japan don't qualify

Also if you write the code down and ever move back to UK then yes you can redeem the codes if you remigrate to uk

ngocphi, Oct 8, 2016
  10. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    FYI for the best experience with xbox live your account region must reflect your actual region.

This includes most games with gold for 360 as they tend to be region locked

Gears 1 and 3 are region locked due to the international laws controlling them

ngocphi, Oct 8, 2016
  11. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    A new code won't help one japan doesn't have the games as those two are specifically banned

Second you haven't changed your region of yours account changing the console setting only changes the marketplace

Not the region of the account

ngocphi, Oct 8, 2016
  12. I am having the exact same issue.

I live in the UK, my Xbox region is set to UK, but I receive the same error message when trying to redeem GoW1 and 3. GoW2 and Judgement download fine, just like Fungkatsuki states, so I don't believe it to be a regional problem.

Any ideas?

Colly Collins, Oct 8, 2016
  13. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Different error different problem

When you have issues it's best to actually create your own thread

And fyi those games are region locked

How 2 and judgement werent region locked

Except in three regions they aren't banned in other regions and even then 1 and 3 were conditional bans

ngocphi, Oct 8, 2016
  14. fungkatsuki
    fungkatsuki Guest
    @Colly Collins. I have found a solution that worked for me yesterday. To redeem GoW and GoW3, I went the xbox.com then i signed in, after that I selected games and a drop down list appeared and then selected redeem, I copy and paste the code and it worked
    for me. It didnt work because ill redeem the code from different channels of the website like you can redeem from your account area, etc. I was told that depending where you redeem the code could cause the issue. So I couldn't redeem on my xbox one console
    and through my account but it worked when i went through GAMES then REDEEM from the drop list.

Hope it works for you as it has for me.

No point changing region like I did as it did resolve the solution at all but gave me a 90day wait to switch back my region to the UK and lost my gold benefits.

Good luck.

fungkatsuki, Oct 8, 2016
  15. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    @fung it does solve region locked issues

If you have additional issues like parental settings that's different

And unrelated to the ops issue

The only way to fix region locked issues is to match your account region to your actual region

ngocphi, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

1. I'm having issues in redeeming codes for Gears of War and Gears of War 3 when I bought GOW ... - Similar Threads - I'm having issues

2. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  3. I'm having an issue with my xbox one s with the code error 0x80070002

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having an issue with my xbox one s with the code error 0x80070002: I'm having this issue that the console won't install the games or won't launch them up. Searching for it online gives no solutions. submitted by /u/ohshyyy [link] [comments]
  4. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  5. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...
  6. I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.: I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc. And it cuts out almost every 20 mins then cuts back on after like 5-10 secs. It's really annoying. I...
  7. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  8. I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?: I'll give a story. Took my xbox to a friends house to download something because it was much faster. I bring my xbox back and every now and then it starts to just drain my internet for no reason....
  9. I'm having issues with signing on my account on Xbox series x it letting me put my info in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having issues with signing on my account on Xbox series x it letting me put my info in...: When I add new account to my xbox I'll put in my email and password and it keeps closing out the attempt to sign in completely and I have to keep trying to put in my info...
  10. Hello I have purchased the Ac mirage game for my Xbox series s and I'm having the issue of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I have purchased the Ac mirage game for my Xbox series s and I'm having the issue of...: Tool wheel not able access at all, no matter what I have tried. I have areas in my game that i need to get through and it requires the tool wheel as in example openingbarred doors, I need the...