I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

Discus and support I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dan Heim, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Dan Heim
    Dan Heim Guest

I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I don't know its not moving back to center and when I move it feels like it rubbing on something. I can't fix it myself because i will void the warranty and I'm seriously regretting this purchase. How the hell do you sell something at this price point that has this many issues?

- Anybody know how to fix this without ruining my warranty or do I have to just not game until I get it fixed? Not a happy guy.

:)

Dan Heim, Apr 22, 2024
  2. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
  3. dobby220216 Win User

elite series 2 controller

I'm sorry to here that sadly I had my elite series 2 controller do the same thing, it started with the x button and then the bumpers, I noticed stick drift of both the sticks, sadly when I went to the store to exchange it for another one they had no
    elite series 2 controllers in stock, I switched to the Razer wolverine ultimate edition and so far its a great controller
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro 2016 I am trying to play with cloud gaming any advice

Try this procedure: right stick, select one of the sensitivity presets.

Scroll to Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller and select Configure. Select a profile to adjust or create a new one. Select the Edit button and on the Left Stick or D-pad tab
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Core 2 stick tension vs Standard Series X controller tension

Hello ShivaPike,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum! Thank you for sharing your concern with me today, I hope you're doing well. I understand that you have a question regarding the stick tension on the standard Series X controller and how it compares to the Elite Series 2 controller.

The standard Series X controller has a default stick tension that is not adjustable. However, the Elite Series 2 controller has adjustable stick tension with three different settings as you mentioned in your question. With the Elite Series 2 controller, you can increase or decrease the stick resistance according to your preference.

I understand that increased stick resistance may be helpful for you due to your neurological condition. I recommend trying out the Elite Series 2 controller in-store or with a friend who owns one to see if the highest resistance setting is suitable for you before making the investment.

Here is a link to the official Xbox support page that provides more information on adjusting the stick tension on the Elite Series 2 controller is the same link you provided: Adjust the sticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

You may check try to check if customization of the controller could be your preference: Xbox Adaptive Controller | Xbox

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. CarTzy Win User

why is my left stick spinning freely?

Hello Chillwill882986,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Elite series 2 custom controller. It sounds like the left thumb stick is not properly secured and it is causing you trouble when playing games.

The left thumb stick of the Elite series 2 controller is designed to be adjustable, so you can change the tension and height according to your preference. However, it should not unscrew or spin freely when you are using it. This could indicate that the thumb stick is defective or damaged.

To fix this issue, please follow these steps:

- Turn off your controller and remove the batteries.

- Gently pull the left thumb stick out of the controller. You may need to use a small tool like a tweezer to do this.

- Check the bottom of the thumb stick and the socket on the controller for any signs of wear or damage. If you see any, please contact Xbox Support for a replacement or repair.

- If there is no visible damage, align the thumb stick with the socket and push it firmly until it clicks into place. You should feel some resistance when you do this.

- Screw the thumb stick clockwise until it reaches your desired tension and height. Do not over-tighten it or force it beyond its limit.

- Put the batteries back in and turn on your controller. Test the thumb stick in a game and see if it works properly.

See: Adjust the sticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

Swap removable parts on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If these steps do not resolve your issue, please contact Xbox Support again and we will assist you further. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Thema:

1. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is... - Similar Threads - I'm completely unsatisfied

2. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  3. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  4. I'm confused a bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm confused a bit: I have just purchased the GTA 5 Xbox series I don't get story mode with it?? [img] bf066514-95b9-42a7-a3af-b1b32ecd6773
  5. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  6. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  7. I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox: I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox for some reason every time i put enable to use and it goes to sign in to my xbox account the website won't come up to let me sign in its...
  8. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  9. I'd REALLY like some answers, because for once, I'm at a complete loss as to what to expect.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'd REALLY like some answers, because for once, I'm at a complete loss as to what to expect.: I just got home after spending Thanksgiving with my family and found out my account was permanently banned. I have NO idea what the ban was for, and I wasn't within 10 miles of my console when the...
  10. I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets".: I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets". Can someone please tell me what "Sets" are?? a02ece48-22ec-45d8-9f4a-5c64e592d55d