I'm almost certain that some of this recent update tomfoolery has completely destroyed my...

Discus and support I'm almost certain that some of this recent update tomfoolery has completely destroyed my... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been in the insider program for years now, never had a single major issue, sure some annoyances but NOTHING like this out-of-the-blue bullshit.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TravNoff, Apr 25, 2020.

1. /u/TravNoff
    /u/TravNoff Guest

I'm almost certain that some of this recent update tomfoolery has completely destroyed my...

I've been in the insider program for years now, never had a single major issue, sure some annoyances but NOTHING like this out-of-the-blue bullshit. While playing Doom around 3 am, which is typically around the time auto-updates kick in, my console shuts off so abruptly it left me dazed and confused, I mean for as long as I've been in the program not ONCE has anything gone sideways.

No matter what I'm doing the 'time for an update' screen has never failed to stop what I was doing so I can then choose whether to stay offline or download right then, there's been no troubles, no warning signs, not a damn thing that would lead to instant complete brick status.

So let's see here, I've attempted most if not all usual troubleshooting actions, removed as much dust as possible during the hours of being unplugged, been on the phone with support for over an hour learning the potential cost for repairs and, more or less, have exhausted any remedying actions that I know of.

All roads seem to lead to just replacing what was a perfectly good XB1x about 28 hours ago and while I definitely welcome any and all ideas that maybe able to help, I'm sure this will just be an attempt at a long-winded heads up seeing as how Microsoft gives zero shits and takes zero responsibility for abruptly rendering a longtime user's console completely fucking useless and if anyone who made it this far could explain to me how none of us have ANY form of restitution or attaining at least some sort of reparations, even in the form of discount repairs as well as any other light that can be shed on this, well...well that'd be just groovy. Get out while you can folks.

submitted by /u/TravNoff
    [link] [comments]

/u/TravNoff, Apr 25, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Tooniies Win User

FHJ-18 AA Camo Help

I got most of my player destroys off higher streaks like Lodestars and VTOL's. Took some time, but you see them as often as you do Dragonfires and they're easier to destroy.

-

I'm pretty sure the AGR only takes one rocket to destroy. If you EMP it and can get the rocket off you should get the destroy. I didn't use EMP nades, and I'm almost certain it only took the one rocket, it's just a matter of staying alive while it locks
    on.
  3. Hylander034 Win User

DVR- Xbox One record that won't record error 0x82323012

Ever since the April update my DVR has been acting up. Right now it's really temperamental, sometimes it records other times I get the notification its recorded (usually with a fairly large delay on battlefield 4) but when I check it's not in the 'my clips'
    section at all. I'm almost certain this is down to the recent update as I had no issue at all with it before hand.
  4. JohnnyVonRotten Win User

Head Set Included

Yeah. This and the DRM thing, both I'm willing to chalk up to Mattrick's tomfoolery. What a dumbass.
  5. Hawkeye1691 Win User

May Firmware update. Add Paypal and Allow 1 more gigabyte of data on game discs

I'm convinced I got some sort of massive update today. It took almost 10 minutes to complete, and it restarted my Xbox and everything. Also, I've been on almost everyday for the last week and there was nothing, until earlier this afternoon.
  6. Andreas_212 Win User

Metro 3?

I don't feel bad. Once I hit a certain age, time for gaming has almost completely disappeared
Thema:

1. I'm almost certain that some of this recent update tomfoolery has completely destroyed my... - Similar Threads - I'm almost certain

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. My account is locked for almost a month and I'm trying to contact Microsoft and they wont...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is locked for almost a month and I'm trying to contact Microsoft and they wont...: Every time I request an unlocked account they don't send me an email back I sent one two weeks ago and they don't do anything about it and I don't want to give up on my account and I'm trying my...
  4. Unable to download XboxGamePass games by rating! I'm almost 30 years old!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download XboxGamePass games by rating! I'm almost 30 years old!!!: The xbox game pass app on the PC is saying that I am not old enough to download games over 12 years old, but on my account my age is correct, 29 years old as per attachments The following...
  5. alpha skip ahead gone after going to alpha I'm 48 lvl almost 7 years n I had ash day 1 cuz...

in XboX Insiders
    alpha skip ahead gone after going to alpha I'm 48 lvl almost 7 years n I had ash day 1 cuz...: What's the deal any1 else have this? submitted by /u/JoE_TWEAKN_MANE [link] [comments]
  6. I have been using xbox live member for almost 7yrs now and yet I'm still not a 5-star VIP why?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been using xbox live member for almost 7yrs now and yet I'm still not a 5-star VIP why?: I've been a member of xbox-live since the xbox 360 was still a cream colored white console that's 7yrs. I've spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on xbox live and recently was told I wasn't...
  7. I'm tired of playing microsoft bingo and almost making it to the end of the game and no ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm tired of playing microsoft bingo and almost making it to the end of the game and no ...: I have lost lots of tickets and luggage because the game kicks out and i'm stuck with no tickets, coins or luggage. Please fix game. I get a new friend and all of my friends have the same crome...
  8. I'm from brazil and it's almost impossible play Halo 5 Online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm from brazil and it's almost impossible play Halo 5 Online: Hello I don't know if here is the right place to ask this question, but I can't play Halo 5 online, because when I try to play it's very difficult to find a match, or to find players to play. I...
  9. I'm almost to 99 friends.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm almost to 99 friends.: But I want the last 10 or so to be Minecraft players. I was offline for about 2-mnts so I don't have anyone else to really play it with so add me. 5a4f23d7-2b94-4ff4-b168-7040ba604f11
  10. I wan banned for almost a month and it still says that I'm banned how do I fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    I wan banned for almost a month and it still says that I'm banned how do I fix this: I wan banned for almost a month and it still says that I'm banned how do I fix this a3744f11-2fcc-4370-88ee-a04ede0bcdf6