I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything

Discus and support I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm 19 (account created when I'm 16), my birth date on my profile is correct (xx/xx/2004). My account is an only member and organizer in family group... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by StellarDevil, Nov 12, 2023.

1. StellarDevil
    StellarDevil Guest

I'm 19 (account created when I'm 16), my birth date on my profile is correct (xx/xx/2004). My account is an only member and organizer in family group but also a child account which make me unable to do anything about that. I can't access Xbox profile setting and any setting related to family safety. And I have no other account to use as "Parent". In family safety page, I can't edit or manage anything.

:)

StellarDevil, Nov 12, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hello again StellarDevil,

I'm sorry for the confusion, I didn't know that you are using a PC device. I suggest you try the steps below and see if it helps:

1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
    2. Click "accounts"
    3. Click Family and other users.
    4. Click on the username
    5. Check if you can change the account type from "child" to "adult".

If this does not help resolve the issue, I would recommend contacting Support directly so they can help you with this issue.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Let me know if the information was useful to you or if the support was able to help you, I will be attentive to your response.

I wish you good luck.
  3. StellarDevil Win User

I'm on PC. Will this method work for PC too?
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi StellarDevil, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I understand the problem you are presenting, I don't know which console you use, an Xbox 360, One or Series X/S. But the steps I am going to provide you are simply for Xbox 360.

Once you reach adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes Family Setup and Xbox Live restrictions.

To promote a child account to an adult account:

- Sign in to Xbox Live with the account you want to change.
    - Go to Settings and then select Account.
    - Select Promote Child Account.

Note: This option is only available if the account's date of birth indicates that you have reached adulthood (18 in the UK). The legal age of adulthood varies by country and region. An account owner's age is calculated using the date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account using the correct date of birth.

- Follow the on-screen instructions to promote the account.

You can also take a look at the following Microsoft community thread from where I obtained this information, there several users have commented and recommended some solution steps regarding this problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...to-adult/409067e6-9a2d-47b5-81e2-e5495d6a5d98

If none of this is of help to you, it would be advisable to contact Xbox Support directly so they can provide you with better help.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Thank you for understanding, I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. WithyGrain17711 Win User

Child account does not appear in Xbox Family

I can't change anything if the child account doesn't appear while logged in on the adult account
  6. LueNing Win User

How to change the Xbox privacy settings when I'm not in a Microsoft family, but kept getting redirected to the page "Why can’t I change my privacy settings?"

Thanks for your quick response to my question, I really appreciate the efficiency :)

I understand that my account might be a child account, but are there any ways to make sure about that? It would be great if every single Microsoft users can check whether their account is a child one or an adult one by themselves.

I'm 18 years old now, and in my region (which is Taiwan), I'm surely an adult. I've checked the birthday in my account settings and it is correct. However, my account still seems to remain a child one(?

Please tell me how to change my account into an adult one. And also, tell me if there's any way to check whether my account is a child one or an adult one. Thanks.
Thema:

1. I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything - Similar Threads - I'm adult account

2. PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...

in XBoX Accessibility
    PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...: I'm not able to install game pass PC games. It tells me that the age restrictions prevent it. When I log in to some Family Security or something, it doesn't even let me click my name to change my...
  3. Can't download PC game due to age restriction, yet I'm over 18 and have an adult account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download PC game due to age restriction, yet I'm over 18 and have an adult account.: So I just got myself a new PC today and have been downloading some games from my game Pass. Now when I try to download any game that has an age restriction, it comes up saying that I need to...
  4. Ask for permission but I'm the adult

in XBoX on Windows
    Ask for permission but I'm the adult: I'm currently trying to play DnD Dark Alliance and I'm getting a "ask for permission" prompt. I don't have a child on the family thing, and I confirmed all my information and security to allow me...
  5. Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult: Hi, So a few weeks ago I bought Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. When I was playing, I noticed that some features were locked per my "Parental control settings" I am over 18 and have been trying to...
  6. Why my account doesn't have permission to play gta online when I'm a adult and was playing it ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my account doesn't have permission to play gta online when I'm a adult and was playing it ...: please I really need help with that and I don't know what to do 84536c28-0d58-4ec4-8c60-78e41f195929
  7. My account says I'm a child but the parent account says I'm a adult and I can't change it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account says I'm a child but the parent account says I'm a adult and I can't change it.: My xbox live account says that I'm a child in the family however on the parent account it says I'm a child. I have changed it a few times and nothing has happened and I have even signed into my...
  8. My account doesn't think I'm an adult

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account doesn't think I'm an adult: I'm not allowed to use any features with an age requirement, and my Microsoft account says that I'm 27. 4b57665a-6f03-461b-92b3-cfed342d611d
  9. Cant broadcast because it says I'm a child account when I'm on a adult account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant broadcast because it says I'm a child account when I'm on a adult account: I have been on quite a few chats with xbox support as they have tried to help but have not succeeded. my issue is I have allowed my xbox to broadcast I'm on a adult account but it is detecting me...
  10. On my Microsoft account I'm an Adult, but on Xbox I'm a Child?

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my Microsoft account I'm an Adult, but on Xbox I'm a Child?: On my Microsoft account, my correct age is entered, I am an adult, and on my Xbox 360 it recognizes me as such. Sadly, the little games with gold icon is not showing up on any of the pages, so i...