I'm a Xbox preview user and game share isn't working

Discus and support I'm a Xbox preview user and game share isn't working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently installed over watch and subnautica expecting it to automatically download on my little brothers' so Xbox . Keep in mind I'm game sharing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SebTho, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SebTho
    SebTho Guest

I recently installed over watch and subnautica expecting it to automatically download on my little brothers' so Xbox . Keep in mind I'm game sharing with him. He ended up not getting the games, I checked on "ready to install" and "game queue" and it still
    wasn't there. I then went on to my brothers xbox( my home Xbox) and signed in on my account, I then went to the Xbox store to check the digitally downloaded games (overwatch and subnautica) they were not purchased for some reason. I think it's the preview
    program and if so, if I leave it will things go back to normal Ps I signed my brother up for the preview program to see if it would work, I think I'm going to delete it

:)

SebTho, Jul 25, 2016
  2. Preview message lost, Preview Forums link doesn't work

Got an invite to Xbox Preview in.. Decemberish? Message seems to have dissapeared, and the link to the preview forums isn't working for me. I'm a Xbox preview user and game share isn't working :(

Gunn the Goat, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Unable to game share. Help

Me and my friend have been trying game share but we both get an error Can't make this your home xbox. He hasn't game shared before but it won't let us game share. I don't understand why isn't it working. I hope someone can help me out here.

FEARtheNOISE300, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Any games bought on a console in the preview program can only be played on consoles with the preview dash at the moment so if your brothers console isn't in the preview they won show up.

Any other questions then it's best to check/post in the preview forums
    forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Daft Badger, Jul 25, 2016
  5. SebTho
    SebTho Guest
    So if I leave preview my brother will get my games

SebTho, Jul 25, 2016
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    I don't think so as they were still bought while in the preview.

You may not actually be removed until the next update goes public anyway.

It shouldn't be to long before it's made available to everyone.

Daft Badger, Nov 2, 2018
  7. WattyNuela Win User

Game-share isn't working

Hello Shad, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you
    Not a Microsoft employee.

Keep in mind that game sharing outside the same house is considered as breaking Microsoft terms and conditions

In case you want to know how game sharing works feel free to visit the next article
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  8. wi7bit Win User

Xbox game share isn't working completely

Hi RobJerry

We just need a little more information before we can advise you.

When you say the console came with a game pre-installed, was this a second-hand console? I ask this because new console that are bundled with games usually get a physical copy or a code card in the box. You would then need to redeem this code on your account before they can be downloaded. I've not heard of new consoles coming with games pre-installed.

Let us know and we will see if we can help.
  9. Dakashi Win User

Game sharing isn't working properly

I checked and we are game sharing fine. I also have tried doing a hard reset and removing his account and re adding you. I don't know what else to do.
  10. XBF Meryem R Win User

Game sharing isn't working properly

Hello @Dakashi, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe you have but a little issue with changing profiles on your console. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The first step you will need to follow is to ensure that your home console is set up correctly, so please follow the link bellow:

Designate a home Xbox | Xbox Support

After you make sure that the account you have the game o is set up correctly please sign out or switch profile, then sign in with the account that does not own the game.

The second step is to make sure that you are signed in with two different profiles.

Please make sure that the profile that does not own the game is the one signed in on the console you made the home xbox. As for the account that owns the game can be signed in on the other console.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  11. Galactic Geek Win User

Overdog

[quote user=""]Why would you post this in the general section and not the preview section?[/quote]

Because the goal of the preview section is to discuss any issues that may arise during the preview, such as with this app. This thread, on the other hand, is simply sharing the news of a new app that is coming to the public very soon. Speaking of the public,
    there has been no official NDA to indicate that I'm not allowed to share this info with the public and am required to keep it within the preview section. ;)
Thema:

1. I'm a Xbox preview user and game share isn't working - Similar Threads - I'm preview user

2. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  3. Too many updates and I'm not in the preview program

in XBoX on Windows
    Too many updates and I'm not in the preview program: Every time I open my X box 1, it takes multiple hours to get through all the updates and by the time they finish, Minecraft has a 20 minute long update it needs to complete and often still doesn't...
  4. Looking For Group not working. I'm in a preview.

in XboX Insiders
    Looking For Group not working. I'm in a preview.: I'm on an Xbox One X with Alpha Skip Ahead. I tried being interested in a lfg post, but it was unable to send a request. Alternatively I tried making a lfg post but was met with a similar error...
  5. Is there a way to see which preview ring I'm in from the PC hub app?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to see which preview ring I'm in from the PC hub app?: I am familiar with how to find it on console, but if I'm in one ring on one device, does it put me in that ring on all my devices? submitted by /u/MissMarra [link] [comments]
  6. I'm in preview beta, but I cant get the latest update.

in XboX Insiders
    I'm in preview beta, but I cant get the latest update.: It gets to about 18% downloaded and then I get the error code: 0x8007045D. I'm not sure how to fix this but I really would love to get back to gaming if anyone can help me. submitted by...
  7. Streaming preview, I'm stuck in this same screen on my phone, I'm insider level 10.

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming preview, I'm stuck in this same screen on my phone, I'm insider level 10.: [IMG] submitted by /u/HoLyKiLleR [link] [comments]
  8. How do I stream from my console to my phone I'm in the preview and have xcloud but when I...

in XboX Insiders
    How do I stream from my console to my phone I'm in the preview and have xcloud but when I...: How do I stream from my console to my phone I'm in the preview and have xcloud but when I try to go in the stream from console section it says learn more submitted by /u/hotlincs13 [link]...
  9. It keeps giving me this message but I'm already apart of the preview.

in XboX Insiders
    It keeps giving me this message but I'm already apart of the preview.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Primelj [link] [comments]
  10. I'm trying to register for the project xbox Xcloud (preview) but it's got my old email...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to register for the project xbox Xcloud (preview) but it's got my old email...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Trooperben79 [link] [comments]