If you're going to be banning keyboard and mouse players on Xbox, what about cross play...

Discus and support If you're going to be banning keyboard and mouse players on Xbox, what about cross play... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I understand you try to bank keyboard and mouse on console because some people think is cheating and I understand that like for rainbow people like to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by destin toy, Oct 30, 2023.

1. destin toy
    destin toy Guest

If you're going to be banning keyboard and mouse players on Xbox, what about cross play...

I understand you try to bank keyboard and mouse on console because some people think is cheating and I understand that like for rainbow people like to use keyboard, mouse like Zim for short to cheat their way through the game. Even though you be soft, don't allow keyboard and mouse on console in their games and I respect that. But the only thing I don't really respect is banning people on cross platform games that allows you to use keyboard and mouse such as war thunder. Will you go against PC players playstation and Xbox players? Can you lease let us play? Keyboard and mouse on there?

:)

destin toy, Oct 30, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

If you're going to be banning keyboard and mouse players on Xbox, what about cross play games with PC players?

Hello Destin T, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Policies may vary depending on the game and platform. Some games and consoles allow the use of keyboard and mouse, while others may restrict it or require special adapters.

As for cross-play, where players from different platforms like PC, PlayStation, and Xbox can play together, keyboard and mouse usage may be more common on PC platforms. However, some consoles may also allow keyboard and mouse use in cross-play, depending on specific policies and settings.

In short, although some cross-platform games allow the use of keyboard and mouse, not all games do. Additionally, practical limitations may prevent some cross-platform games from being compatible with all platforms. I hope this clarifies your doubts.

Best regards.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Cross platform

I'd hope there's co-op cross play, but not PvP cross play. Xbox One players would be at a huge disadvantage against keyboard/mouse players.
  4. CyberKnoxx Win User

Cross Platform Play

PC players will always have a advantage over console players. The precision with mouse and keyboard is superior. If you're on console and playing PvP, I always recommend switching Cross-play off.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Why is crossplay forced on us?

Well you gotta remember you can use keyboard and mouse on consoles roo so your point is moot as previously mentioned and you would be limiting your play to non crossplay players which is few between

You can disable cross play on the system level with privacy settings of xbox

Start your Xbox

Proceed to console settings

Go to Xbox privacy found in account, privacy & online safety

Click View details & customise

Select Communication & multiplayer

Switch You can join cross-network play to Block

Restart your Xbox

but since the vast majority of xbox players play cross play whenever ps5 or pc or next gen consoles and the fact infinityw ard allows keyboard and mouse on consoles it's unlikely you won't run into keyboard and mouse players even limiting yourself to xbox one

And you would have a much smaller pool of players too
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

Unable to get keyboard and Mosue to work in game mode playing Fortnite

For the following to work you must make the menu selections using your keyboard. If you use the controller to make your menu selections to start the game you will be placed in a room for those with a controller and your keyboard/mouse will be non functional
    to make it fair to other players. To enter the room for keyboard and mouse users the game must be started by selecting the options using the keyboard/mouse. Hope this helps.

Mouse and keyboard support

Fortnite on Xbox One supports the ability to play with a mouse and keyboard. Note that when using a mouse and keyboard on Xbox One, you’ll be placed in a game with other users who also chose mouse and keyboard as their control option. To enable your setup
    to use mouse and keyboard, see Mouse and Keyboard Support

Note If you’re on a child account, you’ll also need to enable settings for cross-network play to use a keyboard and mouse while playing
    on Xbox One.
Thema:

1. If you're going to be banning keyboard and mouse players on Xbox, what about cross play... - Similar Threads - you're going banning

2. Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...: I can't use my game pass core df24437e-9c02-48a0-b86e-53dd02334e60
  3. this is for pc so i open my xbox app and try to sigh in and i just keep getting you're not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    this is for pc so i open my xbox app and try to sigh in and i just keep getting you're not...: i just cant finger this out bit of help would be great 0342fd9c-eb26-47f2-917b-f131b75dd942
  4. "You're already playing on Xbox One S"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You're already playing on Xbox One S": I was playing terraria with my friends when all of a sudden, a notification kicked me out of the game entirely and said "You're already playing on Xbox One S" and it told me to continue the game...
  5. Is there a way to fix "Looks Like You're Stranded Error" for the PC Xbox app that I haven't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to fix "Looks Like You're Stranded Error" for the PC Xbox app that I haven't...: I can launch the xbox app on my PC but it won't load the store, installed games library, or game pass (I have a pc gamepass subscription). I have tried updating, repairing, resetting, and...
  6. I have been on a screen that has said making sure you're human for the past 20 minutes....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been on a screen that has said making sure you're human for the past 20 minutes....: I was told a guardian was needed to sign into my account I tried to create another email for my account and now I'm stuck on a screen saying making sure you're human....
  7. Now that you're clear to acquire Activision/Blizzard can you implement these changes to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Now that you're clear to acquire Activision/Blizzard can you implement these changes to...: Now that you're clear to acquire Activision/Blizzard can you implement these changes to heroes of the storm and bring it back better than ever? First to solve the "it doesn't make enough money"...
  8. @outlook.com Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password.

in XBoX Accessibility
    @outlook.com Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password.: i want to login other account but when i click <-- icon is just go back to login page ( i not have access to that acc anymore ) - i try delete and reinstall it not work - i try delete all...
  9. What do you do if you're account got banned for no reason and they haven't really told u...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What do you do if you're account got banned for no reason and they haven't really told u...: My friends account got banned for no reason hes had no strikes he doesn't cuss or say anything bad on xbox, then one day he just got banned they didn't tell him why or tell him how long it was...
  10. How to fix the "there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in. Go to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix the "there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in. Go to...: How to fix the "there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in. Go to https://account.live.com to fix the problem. 8015000A" Please someone help me...