If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...

Discus and support If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I distinctly recall Microsoft adamantly stating that Xbox One's did not need to be connected to the internet in order to play retail games. But, having... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hilton GrantServices LLC, Mar 11, 2014.

1. If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...

I distinctly recall Microsoft adamantly stating that Xbox One's did not need to be connected to the internet in order to play retail games. But, having experienced this for the past eight hours of waiting for the ability to sign into my Xbox One, I assumed
    I could play my retail games (Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Forza 5) until the issue was resolved. If any achievements were unlocked, once the ability to sign in was re-established, the system would just update like does on the 360. No go. Because I can not sign none
    of the before mentioned games are playable. I thought internet was not necessary to enjoy utilizing the gaming features of the Xbox One.

Xbox Live Core Services Limited
    Affected platforms:

• Xbox One
    Affected services:

• Signing into Xbox Live
    3/12/2014 2:11:41 AM GMT:

We've received reports that some users are having difficulties signing in to Xbox Live. Our team is working hard to get this issue fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience while we work. We'll have another update for you in 30 minutes.

:)

Hilton GrantServices LLC, Mar 11, 2014
  2. iVirtualzero
    iVirtualzero Guest
    Why does the Xbox One have DRM?

I've had my Wi Fi down for a few days so i had to use the Xbox One in Offline mode. The problem with Offline mode is the Xbox One doesn't play any of my Digital Xbox One games and backwards compatibility games (Disk and Digital). I can only play Xbox One
    games on disk Offline, everything else like Minecraft, Red Dead Redemption, Killer Instinct, Forza etc requires an internet connection. I can't even play a game like Sonic CD and Wolfenstein 3D which is over decade old and wants me to connect to the internet
    to play. Why isn't Microsoft doing anything about this?

I only own 2 games out of 122 that require an internet connection and those are online games, Need for Speed and TitanFall. I don't understand why need an internet connection for the rest when i just want to play Single Player.
    This what i get
    "For this game you need to be online"
    (0x803f9008)
    "Please Connect to Xbox Live"
    (0x80072ee7)

iVirtualzero, Mar 11, 2014
  3. Xbox one

I was just wondering if you don't have Internet connection... Would getting an Xbox one be a dumb decision? Because of I can't play, because I can't offered Internet sounds dumb... I don't understand why Xbox would make it so you can't play games if your
    poor?

theGREATone209, Mar 11, 2014
  4. If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...

I Find that if you disconnect the Xbox One from the internet it works.

StuartATrueRed, Mar 12, 2014
  5. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    The Internet isn't a requirement but because your console was online it is trying to connect and authenticate as usual. As StuartATrueRed mentioned, just disconnect the console from the Internet either by pulling the ethernet cable or using console/network
    settings and you should be good to play your games offline.

Bazajaytee, Nov 1, 2018
  6. BongKaos Win User

Stuck on the green boot screen after a restore factory defaults with E303 8007042C error

So why can't you play the game as intended?????

Insert disk, Install, update, Play........

Why the need to restore anything????? Why try things Off Line???? Why the need for USB????

After the factory defalts are in place, an update is needed. A simple internet connection will solve this issue....... What are you trying to do anyway???
  7. jawest78 Win User

Downloadable Content (Map Packs) Gears of War 2

I don't see Gears of War 2 in your game history. To play any DLC, you will need to full game (retail disk or downloaded version) in order to play it. You do not require a gold subscription to play the maps on your XBox, but you will need a gold subscription
    if you want to play multiplayer online.
  8. Castellus Zemi Win User

Xbox one won't play offline

To play digital games, you will need to be connected to Xbox live. If you don't have access to internet I would suggest buying some games on disk.

Hope this helps, Happy Gaming!!!
  9. BongKaos Win User

Is there any way to fix this?

How/Why is the console somehow moving???? Disk installation to the HD is a very good idea to try.. The disk repair shop will be able to tell you if they can fix it or not. You don't need to send a disk out for buffing!!!! GTA5 should still be under
    the retail warranty for 30 days. GOOD LUCK!!!
  10. stephensclan Win User

COD advance warfare keeps freezing as it goes to the game lobby

We are having the same issue. We bought the Day Zero edition disk and started playing. Next time we inserted the disk to play, it froze at the start on a screen with the name of the game. We deleted the game and updated the firmware for the xbox one. We
    then reinstalled the game. The same thing happened - it played for a while and then froze on restart.

I am not an xbox one expert so don't totally understand what is going on. Not sure what is meant by "install the game" or why needed if you have the game disk. Is there a way to play from the disk and not install the game? Is that a solution?
Thema:

If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...

1. If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ... - Similar Threads - don't need internet

2. I only have a 16 digit code and I need a 25 digit code but don't know how to get the 25...

in XBoX on Windows
    I only have a 16 digit code and I need a 25 digit code but don't know how to get the 25...: Same thing as the question 567f354f-0f4f-4464-9ea3-4359122a2f48
  3. need for speed most wanted 2005 just don't run give me a black screen and close

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need for speed most wanted 2005 just don't run give me a black screen and close: have problem running need for speed most wanted 2005 on my laptop windows 11 it just don't run give me a black screen and close and i tried so many copies of the game same problem...
  4. I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.: I have another account. I can't access cause I do not have authenticator app nor do I have the 25 key accessories. I need someone to contact me immediately so I can get this fixed. I want to be...
  5. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  6. I need help figuring out how to get rid of the dashboard setup I don't know what's up with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help figuring out how to get rid of the dashboard setup I don't know what's up with...: I don't understand why my system isn't letting me customize my dashboard anymore I had it exactly the way I liked it and now it's not customizable at all I can't get to my games easily I am now...
  7. I need to reset xbox 360 console but don't remember my passcode or secret question answer

in XBoX on Windows
    I need to reset xbox 360 console but don't remember my passcode or secret question answer: Need to do a total reset of console without passcode or security question. How would this be possible e2d97f99-9cf4-4f49-8ce1-33c967b3a51d
  8. Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't.: I try to stream my Xbox to my pc and it says test streaming and whenever I do that I check my updates on my console and pc but they don't need any updates b579293b-e627-409c-a19b-01144077f265
  9. you don't connected to the Internet .you need internet for this

in XBoX on Consoles
    you don't connected to the Internet .you need internet for this: i have a good internet and everything working normal i can search in the store and the download work normally but i can't sign in any accounts the xbox say you don't connected to the Internet .you...
  10. i need the optional media update but don't have internet service at home. HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    i need the optional media update but don't have internet service at home. HELP!!: i currently do not have internet service at home. i need the optional media update to stream videos to my xbox 360. i tried to get it from LIVE on my laptop but it says i need to hook my xbox 360...