If you delete a game, does the One keep your games save in cloud or is it lost?

Discus and support If you delete a game, does the One keep your games save in cloud or is it lost? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Reason why I asked is because I think Ryse has the new DLC out and I rented it from Gamefly. I deleted the save after I beat the game but I wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mathematik, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Mathematik
    Mathematik Guest

Reason why I asked is because I think Ryse has the new DLC out and I rented it from Gamefly. I deleted the save after I beat the game but I wanted to re-rent it but did not know if I would have my save again. Just wanted an answer on this if anyone knows.

:)

Mathematik, Feb 24, 2014
  2. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Error 0x80830003

Hey there Dazora.

Just a thought, if you disconnect your Xbox One from Xbox Live and attempt a save while offline, do you get any change or do you still get the same error?

Generally when you save while connected, you are saving to the cloud, deleting content from your Xbox One does not actually free space from the cloud. As this

Cloud Save Troubleshooter
    mentions, each game is given a set amount of cloud storage, which means that as you purchase additional games your cloud storage is increased. When you deleted the saves did you make sure to delete from everywhere or did you only
    delete from the console?

Mister Maka, Feb 24, 2014
  3. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Question about Cloud and game saves

Hi Rust in Peace95,

If you have a local save that is corrupted, you can recover the cloud save. To do this go to your game tile, press menu, then manage game, then Saved data. Press A, and select "Delete From Console". Make sure you do not delete from everywhere or you'll
    purge your saved game. After that your game will re-sync the last good saved data from the cloud.

Xbox One Cloud Saves FAQ

Hordie, Feb 24, 2014
  4. Chris Gelon
    Chris Gelon Guest

Prior to the the latest February update, if you uninstalled a game, it would keep your save in the cloud.

With the newest update, you are able to specify if you want to either uninstall the game, delete your save locally, or delete it permanently from the cloud.

It sounds like you only deleted it locally, so it should still be there when you reinstall the game.

Chris Gelon, Feb 24, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: