If you delete a family member from a family does it do anything?

Discus and support If you delete a family member from a family does it do anything? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If you delete a account from a family group does it delete the account, or delete the game pass or anything from the account?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Luke Knowlton, Nov 7, 2023.

1. If you delete a family member from a family does it do anything?

If you delete a account from a family group does it delete the account, or delete the game pass or anything from the account?

:)

Luke Knowlton, Nov 7, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hello again, Luke.

I just replicated the same situation myself by creating a minor account and adding it to a family. It's true that the warning message mentions that you will lose access to Xbox services, among other things. However, this message may "exaggerate" the situation a bit. Let me explain why.

If you are an adult, please verify that your Microsoft account's date of birth is correctly configured using the following link:

https://account.microsoft.com/profile

If your date of birth is incorrect, you can modify it from that same place.

In this situation, assuming that you are an adult, leaving the family group will not affect you in any way. You will continue to be able to play games and have access to Xbox services without any issues, despite the message indicating otherwise (I confirmed this myself).

On the other hand, if you are underage and your date of birth is correctly set, it's necessary to be in a family group where there is a parent or adult. If you leave the family, you will have parental restrictions and limitations when trying to play games with higher age ratings, for example. However, you will still be able to play games with lower age ratings and suitable for all audiences. Keep in mind that if this is your case, you can always rejoin another family group to have your parental restrictions managed. Please note that there is no way to bypass these restrictions if you are a minor, you must always have an adult linked to your account through a family group.

In short words, if you are an adult and your date of birth is correctly configured on the website I mentioned, leaving the family group will not affect you in any way, so don't worry.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Gerardo.
  3. Luke Knowlton Win User

I almost removed myself from my family as I should not be in it and I can remove myself, but it said that if I remove myself it would delete any access to Xbox services and the Xbox, is there another way you can get rid of child accounts like changing your age or something, and if you can change your age, how?
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Luke, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Removing a member from a Microsoft family group does not completely delete the account or any related data. What will happen is that the account will simply no longer be subject to the parental controls that were previously assigned while it was part of the family group.

You can find more information on this topic at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/leave-family-group-or-remove-members-6d806bbb-eb38-a978-10f4-3bbb814ffcc4

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Xbox live Parents email Help

You won't "delete" anything. What you would do is log in to the Parent Account, go in to the Family options, select the child's avatar, and there should be an option to "remove from family". Does that make sense?
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Parental consent removal from Microsoft family account

It may be easier to do it on a computer.

Sign into the current parent account at account.microsoft.com/family

It will show anyone in the family under the family member that you want to remove there is a choice for more options when you click on that it will give you a choice to remove from family.

Sign out of that account and sign into the account that you want the child on at account.microsoft.com/family and there would be a choice to add a member where you can add the child to the new account.

Keep in mind while the child is not a member of a family they will not be able to do ANYTHING until added to a family.
Thema:

1. If you delete a family member from a family does it do anything? - Similar Threads - delete family member

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  6. Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...: Console serial number 090189223117 cc7b311d-94ae-4693-8739-bf4e1a02fcd5
  7. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  8. deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.: by mistake deleted some games how can I restore them. some of these games are off the game pass like minecraft for xbox 1 e26a01a1-24ab-4a2e-b447-678bd36143ac
  9. How do I delete my ex wife's email from my family account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I delete my ex wife's email from my family account?: The accountis mine, I never added their info to it but it shows and I can't delete it. 26282d4b-fe86-4cb1-bf8d-46467f22d91b
  10. Delete Family Member

in XBoX Accessibility
    Delete Family Member: I am the family organiser, but I can’t delete a family member. Error says ask the organiser who granted the member, but that is me. Help me please 3f188aeb-2ea6-4a75-84d3-5999dcdb96b6