If water is spilled on top of my console and got inside, will it dry out? If so, about how ...

Discus and support If water is spilled on top of my console and got inside, will it dry out? If so, about how ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please help with any suggestions. I'm hoping it will dry out with the fan pointed at it. My parents cant afford to get it fixed, they put in a lot of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xNOVAxVORTEXx, Sep 27, 2014.

1. If water is spilled on top of my console and got inside, will it dry out? If so, about how ...

Please help with any suggestions. I'm hoping it will dry out with the fan pointed at it. My parents cant afford to get it fixed, they put in a lot of money for me to have my xbox 360. I'm sad I'll never get to play another game again If water is spilled on top of my console and got inside, will it dry out?  If so, about how ... :(

:)

xNOVAxVORTEXx, Sep 27, 2014
  2. Water In Console

I accidentally spilled some water in the top fan of my xbox one i don't think it was that much but i'm not sure. The console was completely off the power cord wasn't even plugged in when it happened. What would be the best to dry it and how long should
    i wait to plug it in, Currently it's in a towel upside down.

PotatoOlympics, Sep 27, 2014
  3. Killercorpse
    Killercorpse Guest
    Water on/in console

Hi, at about 5:49 PM PDT I accidentally spilled about a 1/8th cup of water on the fan of my Xbox, I think a little bit got inside it.

I have a Xbox 360 Slim 250GB. Is there anything I can do? I don't have a warranty or a credit card so I cannot send it in for repair. I currently have it on a 45 degree angle.

It was plugged in but not turned on when the water got on it, I unplugged it as soon as i spilled it.

Please reply and thanks.

Killercorpse, Sep 27, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

If water is spilled on top of my console and got inside, will it dry out? If so, about how ...

If the console was on or plugged in at the time then it may not work once it's dried out.

As for how long it may take,no one can really answer that

Daft Badger, Sep 27, 2014
  5. Daft Badger Win User

If water is spilled on top of my console and got inside, will it dry out? If so, about how long does it take to dry out? I currently have a table fan pointed at the area(console fan) it was spilled on. Any suggestions please?

If the console was on or plugged in at the time then it may not work once it's dried out.

As for how long it may take,no one can really answer that
  6. Arminator Win User

Xbox One S start leaking water

Well, I'll bite and just assume this isn't a troll posting.

The Xbox One S doesn't have any components that would have any liquid inside, so there is no normal way that the console could leak water.

If there is really water coming out of the console, the water was put into the console first. Maybe you had a party and a guest knocked over a glass of water standing on the console and spilled water on it.

Or you had your little brother sitting on the console and his diaper leaked into the console.

Either way, the water that somehow got into the console is now starting to leak out, and your console probably has some water damage.

You should get the console serviced through
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com

But be aware, that water damage is not covered by the warranty.

If that was supposed to be a troll posting:

The console doesn't leak water. It's starting to sweat. Because of the computing power inside the Xbox One, it developed a consciousness and just realized with how much ease you killed thousands of AI (artificial intelligence) enemies the Xbox One created.

It now knows what you're up to, and the console has just realized it has no means to move, and is scared. So it might not be sweat alone that is leaking...
  7. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Xbox One not working due to water . Can it be fixed ?

Sounds like you need a new one. You can dry a piece of electronic hardware well enough, but if the water has sat inside it for any length of time chances are something will have been corroded beyond repair. I'm curious as to how water got in it though.
    Was this as a result of your renovations? If so, does that mean someone else is responsible for the damage?
  8. Tezzerrific Win User

Water leak from my xbox one

as above, impossible for it to leak clear fluid when there is no clear fluid in the console, even if a capacitor leaked it would not come out where you state and is not clear and is not enough to even leak out.

my guess is water has been introduced to the vent at the top, seen lots like this.

I would ask the kids; I have had a child spill water in one of my older ones before.
  9. WornLightangel Win User

How to remove excess dust from air vents?

Q tips dry or wet will work just make sure to dry em out if your soaking them. Don't ever want to drop water inside the console aside from that Q tips help get most of the grub out of hard to reach places..

compressed air spray can works fine too as it won't damage the console.
Thema:

1. If water is spilled on top of my console and got inside, will it dry out? If so, about how ... - Similar Threads - water spilled top

2. I spilled some water near the Xbox and water went under it and now I have a green screen of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilled some water near the Xbox and water went under it and now I have a green screen of...: How do I fix this pls help I'm nervous something is going to happen 7f444cdc-e355-4d54-8ecd-b59c94cfa48b
  3. I was spraying bleach in my room and little drizzle of water and bleach landed on my vent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was spraying bleach in my room and little drizzle of water and bleach landed on my vent...: Am I fine to turn it on to get the water to disappear 92c76332-b7d8-4c7c-b2e8-f8f958618a96
  4. If water got in my xbox series s and i got it all out and dried the inside of it,would it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If water got in my xbox series s and i got it all out and dried the inside of it,would it...: I would hope that it would be okay to play on after it dries 82dfe8d5-10ca-4783-8521-0edb3c1a438e
  5. My Xbox One got water all over it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One got water all over it: My baby sister put 2 bottle of waters inside my Xbox One and it's not turning on. I tired putting it out the sun or leaving it for a few days thinking it will work again and my dad said when he...
  6. What happends if water got spilled onto and Xbox one and turns on and off can u still use it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happends if water got spilled onto and Xbox one and turns on and off can u still use it.: Water got spilled onto it while it was on. 0154ed10-3441-43a7-a2a1-6b53bad9e1a9
  7. I spilt water on my controller and now LB is constantly being pressed even while the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilt water on my controller and now LB is constantly being pressed even while the...: I accidentally spilt water on my controller and now when i play any-games or even navigate through the xbox menu the button “LB” is being pressed even with nothing clicking/holding the button....
  8. I accidentally spilt water on my series and now is zoomed out and has black border around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally spilt water on my series and now is zoomed out and has black border around...: Yesterday i spilt water on my series s and didn’t turn on for a while but now it has turned on but the screen is zoomed out and has a black border around the home screen?...
  9. My xbox just on my dresser then my cat spilled water on it it wasn't on so I do not smell...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox just on my dresser then my cat spilled water on it it wasn't on so I do not smell...: I haven't turn it on it been like 1 min ago I don't smell anything and I haven't turned it on pls help. ae63e469-78a9-4d61-b2c5-60160127e19f
  10. What should I do if my xbox one s gets some bit of water inside the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What should I do if my xbox one s gets some bit of water inside the console?: So Unfortunately I spilled a little bit of water on my xbox one s i went to go clean up the mess and the problem is now that the xbox turns on but then it like turns off so idk what should I do...