If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste

Discus and support If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; right now, every ultra HD TV has built in streaming papas like Netflix or Amazon instant video to stream 4K. Therefore, if the new Xbox One doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WARRIOR I M, Jun 13, 2015.

1. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest

If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste

right now, every ultra HD TV has built in streaming papas like Netflix or Amazon instant video to stream 4K. Therefore, if the new Xbox One doesn't include a 4 K Blu-Ray drive, this feature will be an absolute scam. I know 4

4K Blu-Ray players are to launch this fall, so maybe Xbox has partnered with one of the BDA founders to incorporate them in a new console for a fall launch. Idk what they could offer that would make me jump on to spend another $400 beyond this. They obviously
    need to make games that can be played on both consoles, so idk what upgrade will be offered. I'll post my thoughts post press conference but this is looking like a real non-event If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste :(

:)

WARRIOR I M, Jun 13, 2015
  2. uglyduck
    uglyduck Guest
    Xbox One S pre-orders 'off to an amazing start'

Ya that 4k blu-ray player is a must have for 4k enthusiasts. Fact is even 4k streaming like netflix cant produce the same quality as a 4k blu ray. And on top of it the only other true 4k blu-ray costs at least 350 bucks. The reason for the high cost is because it needs a good proccessor in it, and that is something the xbox one has!

Im still kinda surprised we didnt see a slim without a bluray drive, or in other words an all digital xbox. Maybe within a year? Maybe the scorpio wont have a blu-ray drive? Hmmmm

uglyduck, Jun 13, 2015
  3. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest
    4K Xbox One!!!!!

If UHD Blu-Ray players are coming out this fall, why isn't it a possibility that the new consoles will have 4K Blu-Ray drives in them? Even if it was just for streaming ( which I find pointless for MS or PS to do because every 4K UHD TV has built in Netflix
    app for 4K streaming). It would be a pointless addition. Unless the new console would be capable of 4K graphics, in which case I'd be all in for the upgrade even if no 4K Blu-Ray support. The streaming addition you believe is happening makes absolutely no
    sense from a product release to me. If it's only for streaming and not game graphics, why would you upgrade when every UHD TV has the built in 4K capable apps already? It's doubling the products that do the same thing. I think it's gotta be 4K graphics for
    games ( or the promise of future capability for these features) at the least, if not 4K blu-Ray drives. 4K gaming would extend the field of view (imaging seeing someone clearly from extremely far across the map). I think this and the more realistic graphics
    would make me need to jump all over a new Xbox- and then still need to ( and be willing to) buy a standalone 4K Blu-Ray player too.

That's what the word is- a completely new updated console with HDCP 2.2 chipsets and hdmi 2.0 outputs. Check the links or Google search for info. There's a lot of buzz.

Upon further research, it looks like these new consoles are a waste of time and cash. They can't play 4K blu-Ray movies and they don't upscale games to 4K quality. Basically, you're going to buy a new Xbox or playstation console to stream 4K video ( but
    in no way will it do more than your built in TV apps can do for 4 K streaming. Just let your Netflix and Amazon app play 4K content from the services. There is absolutely no reason to buy these updated if you own or ever plan to own a 4K UHD TV. It's soooo
    stupid idk why they're even doing it. Tell me that by updating the console you'll do 4K graphics for games otherwise- don't pee in the wind snd tell me it's raining. It's a complete waste of money to upgrade. I was fooled by the idea that Sony and MS would
    actually utilize the power of HDCP 2.2, hdmi 2.0, and 4K video for the betterment of picture quality for gaming and 4k Blu-Ray. This product actually *** me off a bit because it's a step back because it does nothing your TV can't already do :/

After more research, you may be correct but if games are not going to run in 4K and there'll be no 4K Blu-Ray drive, I see this being the stupidest product in ages. I guess some may want to spend half a grand to get 4K from Netflix and Amazon instant video
    with lossless audio instead of optical cable surround from these built in apps on your TV to your surround but I feel that's burning money to spend half a grand just to get lossless audio out of Netflix 4K. If they have a graphics upgrade to 4K, I may faint
    with glee. I can't fathom 4K gaming on a console. 65" 4K gaming would be unreal.

WARRIOR I M, Jun 13, 2015
  4. If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste

I completely agree, Thank you for sharing.

svrangerchrista, Jun 14, 2015
  5. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Are you playing these movies from a 4k UHD Blu Ray or streaming service? If from disk, have you updated the Blu Ray player app on the Xbox?
  6. User 9242019 Win User

4k support

You are misunderstanding the "Mastered in 4K" on some Blu-rays, Rcbynature. It doesn't mean the Blu-ray disc itself is in 4K, it means that the master the disc was made from is 4K.

No current Blu-ray can hold the data required to store an 2 or 2+ hour movie in 4K. All Blu-ray discs on the market are no more than 1080p resolution.

Native 4K Blu-ray will require new playback hardware as no player currently on the market is compatible and in fact only prototypes have been shown at trade and electronic shows.

There ARE some streaming options such as Netflix and Amazon Prime, but those are in restricted markets and require a very robust internet connection in all cases.

Updating the Xbox One is never going to happen firmware or otherwise. It simply doesn't have the hardware to support 4K playback.

Before someone comes back with "but the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One says 4K capable, ANY high-speed HDMI cable is 4K capable at the 4K resolutions used so far. 4K @ 60 frames per second will require more bandwidth going forward though and the
    HDMI chipset version has already been revised to HDMI 2.1 to accommodate that throughput requirement.
  7. t4ryn it up Win User

Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

Although both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X can both stream 4K, only the One X is capable of true 4K gaming. I would recommend the XBox One X over the XBox One S because it only one that can truly do 4K gaming! The XBox One S can upscale 1080p games
    to 4K but isn’t a real 4K console, although it can play Blu-Ray in 4K. The XBox One X is the first console to truly be able to stream 4K gaming, plus it has a Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player!
  8. Spyderz Win User

Xbox ONE vs Stand alone Blu Ray!

xbox one "will" support 4k blu-rays in the future. They just haven't announced it when it will. So if you buy 4k blu ray movies they will not play yet on the xbox one. as with standard blu rays I find it only noticeable on larger blu ray tvs. I have
    a 4k 70in tv, the only way I can currently see blu ray formatted shows is on the built in apps in the tv. Mainly Netflix.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Blurry 4k on Xbox one s

Hi,

The lower resolutions that the Series S typically does are for games only. As long as you are using a 4K TV and have the console set to 4K the One will play 4K UHD Blu-rays and 4K video streams in 4k.
Thema:

1. If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste - Similar Threads - Updated doesn't Blu

2. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  3. Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?: After the system update (1/16/2024) I no longer can use my keyboard to go through the menu. What gives? df6c6846-972e-4461-984f-407d9292ec6c
  4. [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work: The first problem we have is our Xbox 360 can't connect to the internet (Error 80151903), but we thought it's okay. While trying to troubleshoot this, we cleared the system updates off the hard...
  5. brand new Xbox X doesn't update any games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new Xbox X doesn't update any games.: I just got an Xbox X and I can't install any games I was playing on my previous Xbox One. I have physical disk, but I have to update online before I can play them. No update works. My network...
  6. My xbox one doesn't turn back on in the restart phase of the software update. How do I fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one doesn't turn back on in the restart phase of the software update. How do I fix...: It's one of those normal software/system updates where you have to do the update to be able to connect to a network again. There is a progress bar at the bottom of the screen divided into 3 parts....
  7. Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?: I've had this problem for years, since I got the console. I have tried pretty much everything. I have the standby on, I keep storage one, I have "keep games and console up to date" ticked. I also...
  8. Starfield doesn't save settings and didn't install latest update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield doesn't save settings and didn't install latest update: After downloading & installing the latest update on the Xbox game pass on windows, the FOV-slider still doesn't show up. Also my settings (display,audio,etc.) do not save, I have to re adjust them...
  9. Microsoft Mahjong doesn't load after last update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong doesn't load after last update: MS Mahjong after the last update yesterday just gets stuck on loading screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Gets to downloading packs then nothing. Tried restarting the services - Nothing....
  10. why omega doesn't show updated??

in XboX Insiders
    why omega doesn't show updated??: I've downloaded box insider hub and I've picked omega and have joined it . There's no update console how do i fix this? submitted by /u/feras-99 [link] [comments]