If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

Discus and support If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by pat clezza, Apr 19, 2024.

1. pat clezza
    pat clezza Guest

If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?

:)

pat clezza, Apr 19, 2024
  2. JCSWW Win User

Bricked after update failed and MS wants me to pay

The XBOX will boot whether the hard drive is dead or not. If the light on the power brick is green when connected to your console and it doesn't power up. It would be a dead component that isn't removeable from the motherboard or the whole board in general.
    Either way, it's toast! I do hope Microsoft decides to replace your console for you or that you decide to purchase a new one eventually.
  3. psydexzerity Win User

Xbox Dashboard, App, Game Slowdown

Well that's the conclusion I reached, but I will test it further before I lash out and buy a replacement. It's a shame there aren't better diagnostic tools or error logs to confirm this....

I already have the data transfer cable from the previous data transfer I did when my second Xbox died.

My followup question is where can I buy a replacement hard drive for my generation of Xbox? I can't find a retailer in Australia that stocks it. Further to that Microsoft don't even list it is an accessory anymore!

All I can think of is paying Microsoft as an out of warranty repair to essentially replace the hard drive, but I'd prefer a new hard drive to a refurbished one....
  4. E mortal Win User

Are You Kidding!

Knowitall, I did not Modify any part of my console, I replaced the DVD drive that runs the games, not the HDD. I'm on my third console (2 had died due to red ring of death)

Maybe they should have giving me a new XBOX instead of the faulty one they had given me. If they had I would not be in this postion now. I see it as if my home computers dvd drive stoped working, I would go out and get a new one. In this case MS told me
    a new drive would be 150$ plus taxes, so instead I got a new drive for 20$
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

Storage gone?

Sorry to say, but I think your hard drive died.

No way to get your saves back..

You'll need to get it replaced, or if you still have warranty call support and get it replaced.
  6. Ky3217 Win User

How much GB will the Xbox One Hard Drive be exactly?

Thema:

1. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will... - Similar Threads - hard drive dies

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...: Then steel and titanium can I transfer my data off of my Xbox 360 hard drive to the newer Xbox gaming systems with a transfer cable 1d0531f7-9492-4396-8f97-37a494cb9e25
  5. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  6. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  7. Hard drive maybe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive maybe?: Hey all, I'm trying to fix my buddies One S and could help troubleshooting. The console turns on, but doesnt boot up. Booting to the troubleshooting menu does nothing as it just freezes up. I've...
  8. How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?: Hi I tried moving all my games installation point over to my external hard drive but instead formatted it and lost all my games and I don’t know if there’s a way I can get them back and if it is...
  9. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  10. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff