If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply...

Discus and support If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply box?? e1f77642-3808-42b4-9e32-12fb9e7b46f4 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RayRay Ruiz, May 8, 2024.

1. RayRay Ruiz
    RayRay Ruiz Guest

If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply...

If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply box??

:)

RayRay Ruiz, May 8, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply box??

Hi, RayRay! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

- Is this a power supply unit for Xbox One, or Xbox 360?

- Is your console not turning on?

- To clarify, are you using an aftermarket power supply unit? the reason I'm asking is that the LED indicator's color and meaning may vary across manufacturers.

Some power supply units come with a sticker or an engraving explaining the meaning of each color and behavior, does yours have something like that?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. entexman Win User

Power light turns solid red

Is the red light on the power supply or the XBox 360 S console? If the red light is on the power supply it is a good assumption something might be wrong with the power supply. If replacing the power supply does not work I am sure you could sell the new
    power supply to get your money back. It is certainly a cheaper option than buying a new 360.
  4. MoeZArts Win User

Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on.

Hi Kai Que,

On the console, is it blinking or solid red light? A blinking red light on the power button means that your console doesn’t have enough ventilation. The red light will continue to blink until the console cools down. If solid red around the power button,
    it is possible that you will need to replace the console.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/power-button-blinks-red

On Power supply, flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty
    is the same as your console warranty).
  5. HassanB Win User

AC converter issue?

Yes, I understand that, that means that there is an issue with the power supply and it needs to be replaced.

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.

2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced.
  6. Averryy Win User

Xbox 360 250gb slim (all black xbox) shuts down on its own

The red light on the power pack may mean that your power supply may need to be replaced.

Try these possible solutions;

Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different power point. Do not use a surge protector.

If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then plug the power supply back into the power point.
Thema:

1. If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply... - Similar Threads - red power supply

2. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  3. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  4. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  5. Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?: My Xbox power brick has a bright red light whenever the Xbox one is turned off, but when I turn it on it has a weak green light, it hasn’t affected me in any way but I want to make sure...
  6. Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??: My Xbox one power block has a red light when it’s off. Is that an issue?? Everything works normal when it’s on, but that red light reminds me of the red ring of death from the 360, and it only...
  7. Solid red light on brand new power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red light on brand new power brick: I Just bought a new power brick for my Xbox one, because my other one was fried out from a storm and lighting I know a red light means over heated but this is brand new never been used. How do I...
  8. Xbox not starting up, power power brick is at red status, start console and quickly shuts...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not starting up, power power brick is at red status, start console and quickly shuts...: my Xbox power brick is red light, the Xbox is getting power but will not start up. How can I fix this, what is wrong with it, Robert b354c855-19d4-4008-a283-ac1651c9e7b8
  9. Xbox power brick is flashing red and green

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power brick is flashing red and green: Xbox power brick is flashing red& green and my Xbox will not power on e8443d7a-de54-4c2a-85f2-b4ed3dde4900
  10. What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red?: What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red? 0d7ed1e9-81b8-4306-8974-60a8793eaeb5