if my monitor has HDMI 2.0 will it still work

Discus and support if my monitor has HDMI 2.0 will it still work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, so I’m getting a monitor soon and it’s coming with HDMI 2.0 will it still work with 1440p and 120HZ? 2570d445-250d-4fc2-8492-ac39bae974be Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Casper XDG, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Casper XDG
    Casper XDG Guest

Hey, so I’m getting a monitor soon and it’s coming with HDMI 2.0 will it still work with 1440p and 120HZ?

:)

Casper XDG, Feb 24, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Casper. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

The HDMI 2.0 cable can still handle 1440P and 120 Hz.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox series X VRR is always grayed out.

That monitor doesn't have HDMI 2.1...it has HDMI 2.0 but that makes no difference as it is a 1440p monitor, not 4k.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox one s compatability with a monitor

Make sure also that the monitor supports, HDMI Displayport 2.0 as that what the Xbox One S and Xbox One X use, I believe that the standard Xbox One only uses HDMI Displayport 1.4,

Its possible that the monitor only supports HDMI Displayport 1.4,

Its possible that you're TV has HDMI Displayport 2.0, which could be the reason it works on the TV but not the monitor.
  5. NGilby Win User

Xbox one s 1440p 120hz problems

Some monitors only have 1 dedicated 2.0 slot, do you have your HDMI plugged into that specific one? Or are all your HDMI slots 2.0?
    Both slots are HDMI 2.0 and 1440p @120hz works with my PC.
  6. CarolinaGamer28 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

So without a monitor that has hdmi 2.1 port i will not be able to use AMD FreeSync with the Series X? Even though the technology is on my monitor through hdmi 2.0.
Thema:

1. if my monitor has HDMI 2.0 will it still work - Similar Threads - monitor has HDMI

2. So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if...: So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if the series X can run that? 253cf96c-8825-42f9-b64d-b2ae9c0cdcb3
  3. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?: I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to...
  4. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  5. I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...: The HDMI cable does have audio. What settings should the Xbox have? b34edbe9-5eef-4c9d-a1c5-8a9849ed131f
  6. New monitor has this yellow tint

in XBoX on Windows
    New monitor has this yellow tint: So I just got this monitor today, I turned it on. And it has this yellow tint on it. I'm using two monitors and the other one is a Dell while this is a Samsung. I messed with the settings, I...
  7. My monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100% volume up but i cant hear any audio...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100% volume up but i cant hear any audio...: Hi l, I just got xbox series s. I connected it to my monitor, everything works fine. However, my monitor has built in speakers and they are in 100% volume but i cant hear any audio while playing...
  8. My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to...: My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to that setup without a tv? edd1361b-74d6-46ac-9e5c-4bbeaa41013b
  9. If I bought a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I bought a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed...: If I was to buy a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed out at 120hz ? And do I need anything specific to play games at 120hz or higher?...
  10. XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor.: After 30 seconds my Xbox series X cuts off. There is no display at all to my monitor. I tried a new hdmi, and it was still was not displaying any image to my monitor. Also, the box will not stay...