If my friend gifts me a dlc that’s for an xbox game like destiny 2 can I redeem it on pc to...

Discus and support If my friend gifts me a dlc that’s for an xbox game like destiny 2 can I redeem it on pc to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My friend wanted to gift me a dlc for destiny 2 but it’s only on sale on the Xbox store but I play on pc. I have the game installed through Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Admin Verified ✅, Feb 4, 2023.

1. If my friend gifts me a dlc that’s for an xbox game like destiny 2 can I redeem it on pc to...

My friend wanted to gift me a dlc for destiny 2 but it’s only on sale on the Xbox store but I play on pc. I have the game installed through Microsoft store and was wondering if I use the code would it work on pc.

:)

Admin Verified ✅, Feb 4, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

No Refund and cant access the DLC code

You can download Destiny 2, and it's DLC from the Xbox app on PC. So your friend who plays on Xbox and PC can play Destiny 2 and the DLC you gifted him on the PC, as long as the PC he has is powerful enough for the game.
  3. ngocphi Win User

I gifted dlc for the wrong platform.

Destiny

I'm sorry to hear that you gifted the wrong platform for the Destiny Legacy Collection DLC. Unfortunately destiny 2 canr.be bought on pc via xbox games for Windows 10

You can only buy it via battlenet or steam for pc aa mentioned in the link above

You would have to refund on the platform you gifted on

You can only gift the console version on the xbox network
  4. Sodangidni Win User

i play on PC. my friend bought me dlc for Destiny 2 and i redeemed the code in the microsoft store but when i loaded the game through the xbox app on my PC it says that i dont have any DLC

Hello, Dilly15. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide some assistance with your inquiry today.

I regret to inform you that, unfortunately, it seems that your friend gifted you the DLC for the Xbox edition of Destiny.

Can you ask your friend to share a link to the DLC they just gift you?
    That way, we can verify if you redeemed the DLC for Xbox or not.
  5. Rostom L Win User

If my friend gifts me a dlc that’s for an xbox game like destiny 2 can I redeem it on pc to get the pc version of it.

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

If the game and the DLCs are for Xbox console, it cannot be played on PC since there's a different version for PC.
  6. ShaddowRunner Win User

Destiny 2: Forsaken

Im dealing with that exact same situtiation my friend gifted me destiny 2 forsaken and i am unable to download and i was gifted the dlc around 2 days ago and ive contacted microsoft support multiable time and nothig has changed at this point its just a waiting
    game but you arent alone bud
    I'm having this exact issue today. Were you ever able to get it to redeem and download? If not, what ended up happening?
Thema:

If my friend gifts me a dlc that’s for an xbox game like destiny 2 can I redeem it on pc to...

1. If my friend gifts me a dlc that’s for an xbox game like destiny 2 can I redeem it on pc to... - Similar Threads - friend gifts dlc

2. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  3. My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox: I have sent my friend this code today, and when he tries to claim it on the xbox store, it says he needs to claim it on the microsoft store, and then it tells him to try and claim it on the...
  4. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  5. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  6. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb
  7. Having payment issues gifting minecraft to a friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having payment issues gifting minecraft to a friend: I own Minecraft and play it very frequently. My friend also wants Minecraft so I was going to gift it to him through my account. However, whenever I try to pay, I get an error saying "Contact us...
  8. Gift DLC to friend in another country

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift DLC to friend in another country: Destiny 2 dlc is on sale and I wanted to gift a friend them but they are in the US and I am in Canada,, can they redeem the gift somehow? c8cc2494-3980-4ed0-86c2-3a96459ab147
  9. Why can I buy a gift in this case DLC for Doom eternal and gift it to a friend and you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I buy a gift in this case DLC for Doom eternal and gift it to a friend and you...: It’s Dumb if I buy my son shoes he can wear them in any country. ae737a30-17ed-4ea6-a37d-99b3433661ff
  10. Forsaken DLC gift from friend code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forsaken DLC gift from friend code: My friend bought me the forsaken dlc as a gift but I can't redeem the code. I know that it's possible for xbox support staff to deactivate the code and add the dlc to my account but I have no idea...