If my account was hacked and I have proof the account was originally mine, can I get it back?

Discus and support If my account was hacked and I have proof the account was originally mine, can I get it back? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Earlier today my Microsoft account was compromised. My email attached to the account was removed and the hacker's email was added in place of mine. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jayden Cho, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Jayden Cho
    Jayden Cho Guest

If my account was hacked and I have proof the account was originally mine, can I get it back?

Earlier today my Microsoft account was compromised. My email attached to the account was removed and the hacker's email was added in place of mine. I have proof the account was originally mine and was compromised from the following:

- The emails sent to me saying the account information was changed (Images won't upload to the thread)

- A conversation with the scammer on discord (unfortunately there isn't much of a way to tie the user to the hacker's email) where they admitted to taking the account

- Knowledge of how the account was used previously

I have already tried the recovery form and got an instant automated email back saying it was too little information (I don't send or receive emails on the account so I couldn't answer that question). The "Interactive Support" is of no help since my account has already been taken over and I am on a new account creating this thread. The "Contact Support" is obviously fake with the number staying at 1 for an indefinite period. The Call number just redirects you to the recovery form so doesn't help.

Is there anywhere I can make an actual case, or is my account just screwed?

:)

Jayden Cho, Jun 28, 2023
  2. Jayden Cho Win User

Yeah, that's the Interactive Support I was mentioning.

I already reached out to Xbox support but they just directed me back to Microsoft support, which is all automated and I have no way to prove the account was mine. Unfortunately I don't send or receive any emails on the Microsoft Account so I had nothing to fill out for that part of the recovery form, so I just got instantly denied by the bot.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Ggamerkid is a scammer, do not follow any advise from them
  4. Jayden Cho Win User

Here are the emails I received, I feel like its pretty obvious that the russian email wasn't added by me, and I have access to the gmail account that it was previously tied to, so ideally they would just "undo" the changes occuring before the time of hacking.

Obviously for "security" reasons that's probably not possible and the only way to get your account back is the automated system

[​IMG]
    Other image didn't upload so here it is

[​IMG]
  5. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Sorry to hear your account got compromised. You mentioned "The Interactive Support" Do you mean this?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/account-bil...

If you did, then that would mean all the options have been exhausted. That is pretty much everything we here in the Xbox community can advise our fellow gamers in cases such as these. You can try getting in touch with Xbox Support, however, I doubt they can do more than this as well. In case you want to give it a shot, here is the link.

https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/contact-us

(The link is in English)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  6. Christian Quinto Win User

That is tough, I wish I can do more, however, that is pretty much all we can do for you here in the community. Hope you understand.
Thema:

1. If my account was hacked and I have proof the account was originally mine, can I get it back? - Similar Threads - account was hacked

2. My account was hacked activity.

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked activity.: My account was hacked. I received an email from microsoft of suspicious activity. It was me. I already removed credit card info and reset my password. What do I do for the pending charges? It is...
  3. My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket

in XBoX on Windows
    My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket: I joined a Discord for minecraft and i had to verify and after i did that he changed everything password and email. My email was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  4. I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do

in XBoX on Windows
    I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do: I recently got my microsoft account Hacked by a player from a minecraft server i was playing on called hypixel. However, I miraculously managed to get everything back, i changed my password and...
  5. My account got hack

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hack: My old account miss poki808 got hack 448502eb-35c2-4ae7-97a4-0ec584ca6335
  6. Account Has Been Completely Hacked... Any Hope?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Has Been Completely Hacked... Any Hope?: To preface, I wasn't entirely sure which product to put this post under, but the circumstances of my question arose from gaming. My entire Microsoft account was hacked about two hours ago whilst...
  7. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  8. My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...: i got home from school and wanted to play games and saw that i couldn’t log in i tried everything and still nothing worked 3a48f0a3-a93d-464a-91e7-06d6ff615d3a
  9. My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked: The account xen luvs god, which was previously mine was hacked yesterday, the password was changed, the recover phone number was changed, and the recovery email was changed, the email that created...
  10. Xbox Group Post Exploit / Hack that leads to banned accounts.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Group Post Exploit / Hack that leads to banned accounts.: Multiple users with new accounts are using a system or exploit to exploit the automatic ban feature built into Xbox. My account of 10 years, and many of my friends have had multiple false strikes...