if i were to buy Xbox live in a different country or region would it still work

Discus and support if i were to buy Xbox live in a different country or region would it still work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; an example would be : I buy Xbox live in the UK or Brazil then I come back to the US would it still work 0a7d6a51-5098-4494-8364-9912ddd378be Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Co co puff, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Co co puff
    Co co puff Guest

an example would be : I buy Xbox live in the UK or Brazil then I come back to the US would it still work

:)

Co co puff, Feb 6, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes but not codes as they are region loxked
  3. JakeConway Win User

I can't play my Yoostar 2 game

Were did you buy this game?

Sometimes this error occurs when you buy a game from a different country or region to your Xbox Console's DVD regional Code.

If you could provide this information that would be great! Cheers!
  4. Smwutches Win User

does xbox count the UK as part of the EU

I'm not sure if Xbox considers it part of the EU, but when they refer to regions as in region locked content or something like that, they are referring to countries specifically. If you buy a code that's for the UK, it'll work for the UK whether they are
    part of the EU or not. If you were to buy a region locked code made for France but you're in Germany, it wouldn't work because you're in different countries even though they're both part of the EU.
  5. Smwutches Win User

EDIT: I can no longer post replies!!! Always getting this: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.". I have accidentally redeemed two gift cards in the wrong region

It would still be on your account, you would just need to be in France to be able to use it. The Xbox service considers both countries to be different regions and currency will only work in the region it is created for.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Fallout 3 (From Fallout 4 Order) cant download

Sorry to hear it. The error code you posted means that there is a region issue with the game. It is not available where you are trying to download it or your gamertag is set for a different region than where you live.

Some content cannot be downloaded to countries that they were not intended for. If your tag is set for a different country than where you live then you would need to migrate your tag to your country.
Thema:

1. if i were to buy Xbox live in a different country or region would it still work - Similar Threads - were buy live

2. can i refund 2k to buy the next gen version and if i were to do that would all of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i refund 2k to buy the next gen version and if i were to do that would all of the...: I accidentally pre ordered the wrong version of 2k24. I meant the buy the next generation version of the game but instead purchased the 2k that’s not meant for next gen. i also bought $50 worth of...
  3. If I were to buy Left 4 dead 2 for the Xbox 360 and used it on my Xbox one, would I be able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I were to buy Left 4 dead 2 for the Xbox 360 and used it on my Xbox one, would I be able...: I'm buying an Xbox one soon to experience L4d2 and it's Dlc again, but I've been told I'll need a physical copy to play it since it was taken off the store, but could I buy the DLC or is it...
  4. If I were to buy a series x console that is banned am I able to get it unbanned?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I were to buy a series x console that is banned am I able to get it unbanned?: If I were to buy a series x console that is banned am I able to get it unbanned? e3e083b2-4e69-4359-87d4-16a74ef90cbd
  5. If I change my email address, will the games I bought still be accessable if I were to buy...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I change my email address, will the games I bought still be accessable if I were to buy...: If I were to buy a new console and made my new personal Gmail my primary email, will I still have access to games I bought when I sign into the new console? 297ae348-ffd9-4f8e-8950-cff3b9c3562a
  6. If I were to buy the vault edition mw2 on pc would I be able to use the weapon vault and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I were to buy the vault edition mw2 on pc would I be able to use the weapon vault and...: Meaning that I don’t own it on xbox, I play it by using game share. bc51c353-d1e1-4d2f-875c-1aa7f389c27e
  7. We didn't buy PC Game PASS, but they were in the purchase history and withdrew money from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We didn't buy PC Game PASS, but they were in the purchase history and withdrew money from...: Hello I found two transactions written as PC GAME PASS from my son's account, but he never had used them and there's no subscriptions at all. Also I didn't get any notification regarding the...
  8. I Buy from store CP for Call of duty and were not transferred to my account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I Buy from store CP for Call of duty and were not transferred to my account: Hey there, I bought from the store some CP points for the Call Of Duty game and the CPs were not added to me. I have been trying to communicate for several days with Activision/Call of duty and...
  9. Question: If I were to buy a $29.99 3-month Xbox Live Gold card from the Doylestown, PA...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Question: If I were to buy a $29.99 3-month Xbox Live Gold card from the Doylestown, PA...: I'll accept the reality that sooner or later, the price of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will have to be raised likely sometime this decade, or at least this score. 83a34ed4-45f9-4a39-b812-316f0d50fd2e
  10. were is support all I get is bots trying to buy a game as a gift and this is what it does

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    were is support all I get is bots trying to buy a game as a gift and this is what it does: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and...