If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work?

Discus and support If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have three USB SSD plugged to my Xbox Series and i want to know if by adding a Storage Expansion Card they will all(4) work simultaneous. I'm asking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrewHipolite, Feb 20, 2024.

1. If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work?

I have three USB SSD plugged to my Xbox Series and i want to know if by adding a Storage Expansion Card they will all(4) work simultaneous. I'm asking this because on PC, when you add an NVME drive some of the SATA ports gets deactivated, very probably because the NVME drive needs lots of bandwidth.

:)

AndrewHipolite, Feb 20, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work?

it's completely separate, and yes on PC you can either use the slot or the SSD because they're sharing lanes

Your biggest problem potentially with your USB devices is going to be power on the bus, I highly recommend that if they do not already have external power supplies that you can get a powered hub to plug them into
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Can I use my current hard drive with series X system?

You can use the same drives and the same games

You cannot install Series games on a USB hard drive, only the internal storage and the expansion cards
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?

Hi H0MiiCiiDE, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry but the Expansion card won't work for that.

I am not sure why it said to connect it to a PC, since it is not possible.

"Will this card work on my Xbox One or PC?

No. The Storage Expansion Card works exclusively with the Xbox Series X|S console for optimized compatibility and gameplay performance. "

For more information: https://www.seagate.com/products/gaming-drives/xbox-gaming/storage-expansion-for-xbox-series-x/faq/
Thema:

1. If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work? - Similar Threads - Storage Expansion card

2. My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...: I looked into the xbox storage expansion slot and see that the groves are messed up 99f4ff2b-71f5-4976-ad6c-1290f1a79304
  3. I need help with storage expansion cards.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with storage expansion cards.: Sup lads! I've a question, I've been playing with my series S for a while and I don't want to really change it anytime soon but I wanted to upgrade the storage, and I don't really want to go...
  4. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  5. Clear some space on Storage Expansion Card - Infinite Loop

in XboX Insiders
    Clear some space on Storage Expansion Card - Infinite Loop: Hello everyone, running into a problem with my Xbox Series X. I'm trying to download a game but while downloading said game I also attempted to move some others from my internal storage to my...
  6. Question about Seagate Storage Expansion Card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Seagate Storage Expansion Card: Let's say I have 30GB left on my Series X internal SSD and need to install a game that takes up 50GB. So I put in a new 1TB Seagate Storage Expansion Card and install the game. Does that expansion...
  7. Storage Expansion and Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Storage Expansion and Xbox Series X: Hello, I’ve attempted to use the 1 TB expansion pack for the Xbox Series X, but I’ve faced numerous unusual issues with the console. I’ve tested multiple units from Seagate as well as the...
  8. Can I play my X|S Games on a Storage Expansion Card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play my X|S Games on a Storage Expansion Card?: I need some assistance as I'm not exactly understanding what a "Storage Expansion Card" really is. I just need to know if I can actually play my X|S games like it's on Internal Storage as on my...
  9. my storage expansion

in XBoX on Windows
    my storage expansion: my storage says i have to download the game to play it why? Like why Microsoft? 7044efd0-ef8e-4a50-a995-999ffcd32572
  10. Any idea if there are plans for a larger storage expansion card

in XboX Insiders
    Any idea if there are plans for a larger storage expansion card: I am unsure if this is an allowed post but here goes - apparently there was a leak that WD will be a second approved source for storage expansion and prices are also going down. What are the...