If I upgrade from my Xbox One to the Xbox series S, will I need to re buy digital versions...

Discus and support If I upgrade from my Xbox One to the Xbox series S, will I need to re buy digital versions... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am looking to upgrade to the Xbox series S, however all my games are currently hard copies. If I did upgrade to the S, will I need to replace/re buy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bearded484, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Bearded484
    Bearded484 Guest

If I upgrade from my Xbox One to the Xbox series S, will I need to re buy digital versions...

I am looking to upgrade to the Xbox series S, however all my games are currently hard copies. If I did upgrade to the S, will I need to replace/re buy all of my games as digital copies? Or as they already exist on my Xbox account, is there an option for them to be carried over without the need to re purchase.

:)

Bearded484, Dec 15, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

If I buy a digital hogwarts Legacy code fro Xbox Series X will it work if I put it in on Xbox one?

I am thinking of buying hogwarts legacy as a digital game but it is sold out for Xbox one so should I buy the Series X game and put the code in the Xbox one Store?
    No. The series X/S version of the game will only work on the Series X or S.

The only way that would work is if it's a code for the digital deluxe version of the game (which comes with both the series x/s and xbox one versions of the game)
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Call of Duty Black ops Upgrade to X/S

From what I can tell, to access the Series X version of the game, you need the Cross-Gen bundle...once you buy that, you should then be able to download and install the Series X version. Without the cross-gen bundle it will, presumably, just install the XB1 version

From the Store page:

"For digital owners of the Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Standard Edition, this upgrade will unlock the Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Cross-Gen Bundle, giving access to the Xbox Series X|S version of the game. After upgrade purchase, search in the Xbox store for the Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War - Cross-Gen Bundle to install the Xbox Series X|S version of the game."
  4. Smwutches Win User

Ha I'm planning on buying Hogwarts Legacy:Digital Deluxe Edition for my Xbox one will it work because it says Not playable on this device.

The digital deluxe edition will only work on the Series S/X. You would need to buy the Xbox One version of the game.
  5. Smwutches Win User

If I buy hog warts legacy for Xbox series x and want to play it on Xbox One do I have to re purchase the Xbox one version?

If you buy the digital deluxe edition, it includes both the One version and the Series S/X version.

Otherwise, you would need to buy both versions since the Series S/X version won't work on a One.
  6. BellyyyB Win User

Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home network?

no. I believe you still need to get the digital version of the game if you're referring to Xbox series S or all digital Xbox one S
Thema:

1. If I upgrade from my Xbox One to the Xbox series S, will I need to re buy digital versions... - Similar Threads - upgrade series need

2. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  3. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  4. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  5. Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?: Hello Xbox friends, I'm about to buy a used Xbox controller but are these original Xbox Series Controllers to use on a PC (mostly to finish Shenmue 1, 2 & 3, the father of open world games and...
  6. Monitor upgrade for series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor upgrade for series x: So I want to upgrade from playing on my TV to a monitor I was told xbox series x supports 120hz at 4k so which monitor should I buy to make sure I get the right one...
  7. If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...: If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the graphics quality for those games be upgraded to the x? 8809f9f0-652e-406e-86a4-8d79b353ef26
  8. Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?

in XboX Insiders
    Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?: So I just assumed that all of my installed disc games would be re downloadable through the “Owned Games” section like a dumbass without looking into this in advance. Just to confirm, if I owned...
  9. I recently upgraded to xbox series x i had games for xbox one can they become an series x...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently upgraded to xbox series x i had games for xbox one can they become an series x...: As an exmple gta 5 i bought the xbox one version will it become a series x or no 438cfa51-fa83-48da-bbc6-09117fce1d78
  10. Game sharing after upgrading to series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing after upgrading to series x?: Hello, me and my brother gameshared previously but i recently upgraded from an xbox one to a series x, prior to this i was the one with xbox gamepass and would purchase all the games and he was...